• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please note PR specific rule adjustments

(View rules here)

Updated 07 March 30

Added the following addendum to rule #2
    Addendum: In the project reality mod, a main (base) flag shall be considered a UCB unless the AAS Headquarters (HQ) message states to capture it.
    Added the following exception to rule #7
    Exception: Insurgents in the project reality mod may use designated suicide vehicles and C4
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Please note PR specific rule adjustments

Outstanding! Can the intro server message be altered to show these changes? Specifically the UCB changes.
    Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
      Addendum: In the project reality mod, a main (base) flag shall be considered a UCB unless the AAS Headquarters (HQ) message states to capture it.
      oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Granted it costs a little bit of realism, but the UCB rule will help keep things much more sporting. :icon14:
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Great!
          |TG-Irr| Red

Comment

Duly noted, always wondered about the C4 thing but now its official. Its just not al basrah jihad unless you've taken out a few crazed motorcycle missles with the .50 on a tank.

Comment

There's nothing I love more than strapping 3 c4s onto a jihad cycle and going full throtle at a tank... Its the most effective anti armor weapon the insurgents have.

About main flags -- There's always a point when the main flag becomes a target, you leave to attack it, then when you get there a back flag goes neutral... is it fair to assault at that point? Alot of people start whining about base raping, but can it be expected to lead a squad to a base, then say, lets turn around guys -- we made it all the way here, but now we cant attack.
              |TG|Switch

Better known as:
              That noob who crashed the chopper.
              That noob who ran over the mine.
              That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
              That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

I was leading a 2 man squad last night, under Root - the main flag wasn't in play.

I asked Root if we could get the helo to insert us into the enemy main so we could SLAM assets, then take us out immediately afterwards - he said no as due to the new rules, there is no attacking it as its a UCB.

Is this correct? Are assets effectively invulnerable until the flag is in play?

Comment

The other night I noticed a few stranglers from the enemy team on the map Ghost Train running straight back and camping the main base, trying to keep the heli down and also a SL calling in arty on it. Made a lot of havoc on the entire team cause most SL'ers were not placing down RP's yet or they were getting destroyed quickly, one or the other.
                  I don't think assets at a main base that is not in play yet should be attacked. Only way I see a main base being attacked is if it is next on the objective, say your team is getting ready to cap the flag before it send in a squad prepared to take it. I have seen squads work that way, maybe 2 squads taking a flag and another advancing to the next to be ready to take it or spotting out enemy for those squads.
                  Last edited by msdz; 03-31-2007, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Assets = artillery and UAV.

EDIT - my first post with that shiny tag below my name! Wahey!

Comment

Hit the link in Asch'es post and read through it. It covers what you can do in a UCB.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
                        but can it be expected to lead a squad to a base, then say, lets turn around guys -- we made it all the way here, but now we cant attack.
                        It's not fun, but it has to be done. While you are retreating, you can make yourself very useful in your position behind enemy lines.

Comment

Hello everyone, I just wanted to thank TG for hosting PR it is definitely my number one server to play on. I ran into a situation over the weekend on EJOD and wanted to see what you guys thought about it. My squad moved in to the USMC base after all other flags were capped. We were about 200m from the flag when Ruin went gray, so we set a rally and moved in on the main. This sparked some people to call us base campers and a TG member typed an all chat to USMC to give our rally coordinates. I was pretty disappointed at this since I always play by the rules and felt we were not doing anything against the rules. So, if a squad moves in on a main and another flag goes grey what are we supposed to do, suicide, let the enemy kill us, or hike 500m in the direction we just came from? I was especially let down that a TG member would sell out the rally of his own teammates. We were not sitting around picking off US, we moved in on the base and were on the flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Junglerott View Post
                            Hello everyone, I just wanted to thank TG for hosting PR it is definitely my number one server to play on. I ran into a situation over the weekend on EJOD and wanted to see what you guys thought about it. My squad moved in to the USMC base after all other flags were capped. We were about 200m from the flag when Ruin went gray, so we set a rally and moved in on the main. This sparked some people to call us base campers and a TG member typed an all chat to USMC to give our rally coordinates. I was pretty disappointed at this since I always play by the rules and felt we were not doing anything against the rules. So, if a squad moves in on a main and another flag goes grey what are we supposed to do, suicide, let the enemy kill us, or hike 500m in the direction we just came from? I was especially let down that a TG member would sell out the rally of his own teammates. We were not sitting around picking off US, we moved in on the base and were on the flag.
                            Assuming your account of the events is correct, this is just one of hte situations where the rule will be an issue. I personally take the rule to mean that once a flag is greyed then it is okay to move onto the next flag in sequence. This would mean that it would be okay to stay assaulting a front flag if a rear suddenly went neutral. Now should that rear flag fall to the enemy, then the assault should immediately cease. A map like EJOD can get one sided and the team that is losing might feel that it would be more sporting to let up on them anyway.
                            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

If it was grey and about to turn to your side then yeah, by all means, move in on the next one. I personally have no problems with a squad attempting simultaneous capture of more than one group.

But when you just LOST the flag (and therefore will not get it back for at least a while) then what are you going to do at that main base? The only thing you CAN do is spawn camp. Which is, obviously, against the rules.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X