Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicked for supporting member?

Hello hello,
    Guys, I love playing on the TG server and most of my best games ever have been on the server, but this getting kicked for supporting member thing is feeling ruff.
    Last night was a good example. Played the entire map of AlBasra (misspelled) and somehow ended up being 1st place on my team (taking out 4 cobra gunships helped ;) ). Was just making plans to squad up with same guys in the next round and with 1 or 2 enemy tickets left, I get kicked.
    I have heard this is either chosen randomly or by the player that has been in the longest, but stated by TG guys when other players complain about it in game. I would like to find out which it actually is, and ask why can't it be made to boot the person with the lowest score, a negative score would be even better. Why boot the dedicated player if that is the way he is being chosen?
    Nothing sucks more than to loose a good squad leader to a kick because of this. Anyway, just venting. Still love playing with you guys, and my usual 15-20 ping.:)

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Kicked for supporting member?

Hey Bamboo,

Take a look at this thread as I believe this will have your answer. http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...rver-read.html It even includes information on how to stop those nasty kicks.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
      Hello hello,
      Guys, I love playing on the TG server and most of my best games ever have been on the server, but this getting kicked for supporting member thing is feeling ruff.
      Last night was a good example. Played the entire map of AlBasra (misspelled) and somehow ended up being 1st place on my team (taking out 4 cobra gunships helped ;) ). Was just making plans to squad up with same guys in the next round and with 1 or 2 enemy tickets left, I get kicked.
      I have heard this is either chosen randomly or by the player that has been in the longest, but stated by TG guys when other players complain about it in game. I would like to find out which it actually is, and ask why can't it be made to boot the person with the lowest score, a negative score would be even better. Why boot the dedicated player if that is the way he is being chosen?
      Nothing sucks more than to loose a good squad leader to a kick because of this. Anyway, just venting. Still love playing with you guys, and my usual 15-20 ping.:)
      The kick is by the longest person on the server. Score means nothing to us so kicking people with low score or neg score just doesnt do it. If you are kicked it just means an SM is wanting to play and you need to give your spot up. All of these things are explained in the 4 other posts of this nature, and in the SOPs that you should have read before posting....
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Indeed. I don't like to toot my own horn but last night I spent an entire round on foot, repairing a tank, and clearing mines on Sharqi in defense of the TV Station (playing PoE2). I don't recall what my final score was, but I tallied about 4 kills and recapped the flag once in addition to the whopping 8 repair points I earned (and believe you me, I was repairing A LOT). Not to mention the fact that people drove over my mines on more than one occasion. In all, I had a very low score even though my efforts probably went a long way toward keeping the TV Station up and running, often the only flag remaining at that.

Again, I'm not trying to be narcissistic - our whole squad, and indeed our whole team toward the end of the round, was very busy repelling enemy attacks. But any server logic that would kick people because they happen to have a low score does not take into account the role that they may (or may not) be playing. Or what about someone who joined late in the round? IMHO, this sort of solution would be more vastly more "unfair" that the one currently in place.

If you’re like me, you'll find that the solution to the problem is fair and equitable. The decision to do my part was an easy one after playing for a few months in TG's sandbox. It's a quality establishment well worth supporting.
        sigpic

Comment

Actually, I did look through a couple of pages of thread titles and didn't see one like this, so I posted. And thanks to the guy that had that link above handy means I am now a supporting member too.

<------------------Check it out.....................

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

that works...just make sure you put your ID in your profile so you dont get kicked again. And welcome to TG.
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
              Actually, I did look through a couple of pages of thread titles and didn't see one like this, so I posted. And thanks to the guy that had that link above handy means I am now a supporting member too.

<------------------Check it out.....................
              Nice! Cool Signature by the way.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Originally posted by Braidedheadman View Post
                Indeed. I don't like to toot my own horn but last night I spent an entire round on foot, repairing a tank, and clearing mines on Sharqi in defense of the TV Station (playing PoE2). I don't recall what my final score was, but I tallied about 4 kills and recapped the flag once in addition to the whopping 8 repair points I earned (and believe you me, I was repairing A LOT). Not to mention the fact that people drove over my mines on more than one occasion. In all, I had a very low score even though my efforts probably went a long way toward keeping the TV Station up and running, often the only flag remaining at that.

Again, I'm not trying to be narcissistic - our whole squad, and indeed our whole team toward the end of the round, was very busy repelling enemy attacks. But any server logic that would kick people because they happen to have a low score does not take into account the role that they may (or may not) be playing. Or what about someone who joined late in the round? IMHO, this sort of solution would be more vastly more "unfair" that the one currently in place.

If you’re like me, you'll find that the solution to the problem is fair and equitable. The decision to do my part was an easy one after playing for a few months in TG's sandbox. It's a quality establishment well worth supporting.
                since this thread's run it's course, I don't feel bad hijacking it to say GG braided... your wrench led to 60+ kills for the tank...

Comment

while on the hijacked subject, did anyone ever play FarCry Multiplayer? They had an engineer with a wrench that could build walls and stuff. I used to rule the round back when there were still people playing FarCry and loved building, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the new commander changes for 0.6 work out. I may have to put on my hard hat again.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Kinda funny, but I never got kicked for a supporting member UNTIL the day after I clicked the button to become one (took a couple days to process do to my screwed up PayPal setup)...LOL

That was the one and only time, now it's not an issue anymore.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X