Reporting problematic players on the PRM server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting problematic players on the PRM server

ADMIN EDIT: The reporting infractions announcement has been updated.

Since many PR players don't make it outside this forum, I thought I would introduce everyone to Bommando and the guide he drew up for 2142. As the recommendations and tips are also applicable to PRM, I will link to his post directly:

The correct way to report player infractions on the PRM server

In his post Bommando mentions the importance of taking screenshots of unwelcome behavior whenever it is witnessed on the server. I would also like to point out supporting members have access to the BFR files of the last 30 rounds, whether you played a particular map or not.

Supporting members can view the instructions here

Even if you fumble and mash the wrong key when reaching for the PRINT SCREEN button during the round itself, you'll be able to go back and take a screenshot from the BFR file. Perhaps even a series of screenshots as a slideshow to argue your case when an obvious infraction of server rules has occured. We'll call it CSI: Ejod Desert. ;)

It's going to take everyone's help, players and admins alike, to maintain consistently high quality games on the server.
    Last edited by asch; 04-28-2007, 11:10 AM.

Re: Reporting problematic players on the PRM server

I think the biggest reason people aren't reporting violations is because player names aren't known. While this does crank up the reality, it also makes it much more difficult to report violations. You can't just get on TS and say "l337bot is bunnyhopping"... What do you say? "Someone on UCMC just bunny hopped?" No. And since 80% of the time, you're not watching you're own team-mates, you don't report them either...

Any "official" recommendation about how to handle this?

Comment

Battlerecorder was what I was told.
      "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
        I think the biggest reason people aren't reporting violations is because player names aren't known. While this does crank up the reality, it also makes it much more difficult to report violations. You can't just get on TS and say "l337bot is bunnyhopping"... What do you say? "Someone on UCMC just bunny hopped?" No. And since 80% of the time, you're not watching you're own team-mates, you don't report them either...

Any "official" recommendation about how to handle this?
        That's the nail on the head right there. PR has 3 principal obstacles that must be overcome for successful rules enforcement by admins:

1. Players can't see the other team's tags (meaning that someone on the same team has to report the bad behavior - MUCH less likely to happen, although it does still happen)
        2. The constant Quartermaster spam/AAS messages quickly scrolls general chat off our screen in BF2CC. Where a screenful of logged chat in bf2cc would represent 20 minutes of gametime in vanilla BF2, it represents less than 1-2 minutes in PR.
        3. No kill messages (even in the bf2cc console) mean that, in general, all we have access to for actionable info is a few minutes of general chat and player reports.

We handle this by pleading with players to let us know what's up with their team. Ideally, we need TG members on both sides of the match and in Teamspeak. I'd prefer to have kill messages included in bf2cc, and have the QM spam not recorded in bf2cc, but that's not looking likely to happen.

It's a tough, frustrating situation to admin this mod. No joke. Add to that inevitable player complaints about poor adminning of the server and you get grumpy, frustrated admins. ;) It's far from ideal and we would love to run a tighter ship, but we honestly need more reporting from players on the same team as the offenders at this point. Or, failing that screenshots or approximate times of offenses for bf2recorder.
        Beatnik

Comment

Hmmm... is it possible for a script to run which parses the general chat for some keywords and then dumps that text into a log or something? If there were some protocol, where we could just type something into general chat and have it be easily seen by an admin. (Basically like adding a set of !k style commands for everyone to use.)

"COorders - playername" or "SLorders - playername"

or maybe

"!report playername bunnyhopping", "!report playername insubordination", etc...

<shrug> probably not possible, but figured I'd throw it out there...

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
            Hmmm... is it possible for a script to run which parses the general chat for some keywords and then dumps that text into a log or something? If there were some protocol, where we could just type something into general chat and have it be easily seen by an admin. (Basically like adding a set of !k style commands for everyone to use.)
            Unfortunately not that I know of. However, if we're provided some detail about what happened, including the date/time/map/round timer then we can pull the BFrecorder file and try to identify who did what.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...