Al Basrah Tuesday nite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Basrah Tuesday nite

What happened on Al Basrah last nite. I was an insurgent SL and we were pwning the USA. I was killed the at village by the A10 so my squad had nowhere to spawn and the village was captured.

We the were leading by almost 300 pts.

Retreated to Facility and the usa attacked piecemeal so we held them off easily enough.

With about 100 tickets to go the USA all of a suddenstorms facility, Mosque and Industry............and is moving on suburbs.

Only for the fact they were down to the last few tickets they could ve taken the whole map.

So why the turnaround all of a sudden?

Am very interested to hear what happened.
    Gerardnm

Re: Al Basrah Tuesday nite

i dont know how the team turned that one around, we took the suburbs at the very end, and yeah we would have decimated the insurgents if we had another 100 or so tickets... btw, i was the one in the A10, i was gettin lots of kills spraying the village :P

but seriously, about 1/4 of the team was fartin around at the airfield for a while and 1/2 the team was trying to take the facility before we had village, i think once our guys got their heads on straight there was no stoppin em.

Comment

You killed me in the basement of the village.....if you hadnt i reckon the USA would stil be there trying to cap the flag
      Gerardnm

Comment

I was in a squad that soley was hunting spawn cars with a TOW Hummer. We trying to keep the ability to spawn at convenient places. IN that last turn around we took out 4 or 5 cars in the area around the above places. I would like to think that the less spawns had something to do with our last push.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

It is true that it took the US squads time to form, meaning alot of people were having to respawn at Airport. Furthemore Sephsmokey is right in his insight into the general picnic the US were doing.

There was alot of random troop movements and was unco-ordinated.

Once this was realised and people started banding into proper squads - and as eyes focussed on the task at hand, the US did very well.

However, hand it to the other side, they created alot of problems and so it wasn't easy, which can be reflected aswell in the ticket loss.

I would say the squads that took Facility via the front door were the linch pin for the US, if anything to go by the experience we faced in the South was. (edit- I just saw Tha Khan's post and would have to agree with him as I saw the opposition trying to get cars to the front at the time we were at mosque and beyond). And it was obvious they knew it was 'hot' for them.

My squad having started on the south and continually coming into firefights, were shut out by heavy sniper fire near Facility. Having to 'bug out' we moved to the north ('cause we're not crazy to try that again) where Insurgents were also not willing to let us in easy. However, it was here we found our opening and helped secure Mosque as well as take out a few assets along the way.

By that time I was a squad member, as I had to let my other Insurgent (my girlfriend) sleep instead of me being noisey by yabbering randomly into the corner of my room.

I'd like to take time to thank my squad and the compliments of you guys. You were all great.

Comment

Gerard: I was on your squad and we had a good run at Village - too bad you started bleeding from those magic wallhacking A-10 uranium rounds. I racked up a ton of points simply resupplying all our crazy RPG squadmates but there was not a single medic around :(

In facility, I had to leave early but did they take that flag when they broke through the northern entrance? (because I was pretty bored at the southeast...)

Comment

Pull the BFrecorder file down before it disappears from the server. Then you can watch exactly what happened.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
                Pull the BFrecorder file down before it disappears from the server. Then you can watch exactly what happened.
                How do i do that.... the last 10 mins are probably text book on how to play Al Basrah
                Gerardnm

Comment

As with all maps, the US needs a CO if they're to have a substantial chance of winning Basrah. People also need to stop grabbing kits because they want to have them, and instead the CO and SL's need to arrange kit distribution based on the needs of the team. Finally, vehicles need to be used as directed by the CO, not as wanted by indiviual players, whether it means grounding the A10's or only using APC's for transport. The CO needs to hae some sort of strategy in mind when they step up.
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by gerardnm View Post
                    How do i do that.... the last 10 mins are probably text book on how to play Al Basrah
                    Open up BF2 and go to your community tab. Under there should be a tab for recordings that lists all games you played in on a BFrecorder enabled server. Select the particular round and hit download.
                    |TG-12th| asch
                    sigpic

Comment

too late the BR file is gone. would have been a good one to do an overview and figure out what was done right.

on a side note, can somebody tell me how in the hell the AA works in PR, ive never used it myself, but during that round i was in the A-10 (and many other rounds mind you) i seem to get painted no matter where i go, i kid you not i was sitting on the tarmac rearming and i was being painted... also a good half the time as soon as my lock on siren sounds im IMEDIATELY hit by the missle, no time to drop flares or make any evasive mavuevers... its annoying to say the least. so how do these things work?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X