Please get rid of

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please get rid of

Hill of Hamyong, there's a bug on the map that if Brits kill spawn pt at main base it doesn't come back. Chinese have too few tickets.

Sunset city, with China having a spawn pt at market the USA is down as many as all the flags before they even reach the temple or gas station at lower city.

Operation phoenix, if this map were slightly wider it'd be fine, am 50/50 on this one.

Muttrah city, all Mec needs to do is camp hotel and they win.....end of. Too unbalanced, map needs to be worked on i believe, maybe give APCs to USA.

Steel thunder until AAS is fixed

The goods station and helmand provence

I believe the above are just fillers at the mo and until really improved should be left out.

Never played OMAn....any good?
    Gerardnm

Re: Please get rid of

You do realize that what you're asking would give us like 2 or 3 maps on the server right? I dont think we'll be getting rid of any maps anytime soon.

Comment

I think before we get rid of maps, we need to experiment with various tweaks to the control groups (as Asch has already started doing).
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by gerardnm View Post
        Hill of Hamyong, there's a bug on the map that if Brits kill spawn pt at main base it doesn't come back. Chinese have too few tickets.
        Your wrong the chinese can still spawn at a Random place all the way north after they lost their back spawns as long as there is a rally up somewhere

Sunset city, with China having a spawn pt at market the USA is down as many as all the flags before they even reach the temple or gas station at lower city.
        I dont understand, is it too hard for you?
        The US have many ways into the city on this map. Boats, Helo, Cars, on foot, Tanks, APC's. Its not that bad.

Muttrah city, all Mec needs to do is camp hotel and they win.....end of. Too unbalanced, map needs to be worked on i believe, maybe give APCs to USA.
        USMC pilots have to drop fast and to the rear at the start of the map. Problem solved.

Steel thunder until AAS is fixed
        This is such a great armor map why take it out. It dosent lag like other maps and after you play it once you figgure out the AAS problem. So I dont see why you would want to take it out.

The goods station and helmand provence I believe are just fillers at the momment and until really improved should be left out
        Goods station has a MEC spawn gliche that few know of. I dont see a reason to lose the map. Its great for a small amount of people. Late at night / first map of the day.

Helmand is the only map with Destrucable enviroments in a battlefield Mod. Your crazy for wanting to get rid of this one. This is a new direction for FPS games of this type. Why try and stop progress in the right direction.

Never played OMAn....any good?
        YES
        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
          I think before we get rid of maps, we need to experiment with various tweaks to the control groups (as Asch has already started doing).
          Agreed
          Retired 6th DB

Comment

And he didn't even mention al basrah, lol...

That one must be perfectly balanced with no map glitches!
            |TG|Switch

Better known as:
            That noob who crashed the chopper.
            That noob who ran over the mine.
            That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
            That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
              And he didn't even mention al basrah, lol...

That one must be perfectly balanced with no map glitches!
              Al Basrah has plenty, my point is that alot of maps on the rotation are very unbalanced and until fixed are doing little more than filling space.
              Gerardnm

Comment

Al Basrah has plenty, my point is that alot of maps on the rotation are very unbalanced and until fixed are doing little more than filling space.
                Surely they will be more easily fixed if people suggest why they are unbalanced so that the issues can be fixed, rather than taking them out of rotation altogether.

All of the maps have been moaned about recently, at one point or another...it would be hard to satisfy everyone.

Everyone has their likes and dislikes, so surely you understand a map you hate may be a map someone else loves. Fair to make it disappear to satisfy one voice?

7ShadesOSin
                7Shades

How sweet, thought lifeless, yet with life to lie,
                And, without dying, O how sweet to die!
                - from Thomas Warton's "Ode to Sleep"

Comment

Good grief. It's not the game, lad. Its the gamers. All it takes to win any particular map is three squad leaders who know what they are doing, and a handful of good men who know how to follow orders.

Everything else is luck and the fog of war.
                  sigpic

Comment

Please remove Al Basrah from the rotation, why? allow me to explain...

(no names will be given, even though I could give chapter and verse about the people who were "useless".)

No amount of tweaking the AaS system will help this map without an admin on to enforce the rules. I don't think the map is bad at all, but it's without question the more frustrating map to attempt to play under the server rules without an admin on. I just recently commanded for the US (my first offical time playing that map as US!) allow me to share my experiences to help make my case...

1) it took almost 20 minutes of constant complaining on my part before people stopped spawning at the USM. I asked SL's to kick people who were spawning back there, the few who listened I applaud, but the recently "squadless men" now just formed up a new squad and stood around in the "E-train" trying to grab the almost worthless air assets. (More on this later)

2) Spec Op's teams: they again are almost as worthless as the people in the "E-train". Blow a bridge? not like it can't be repaired, and exactly how is this really helping when we can't even get squads anywhere near facility because we have a quarter of the team in vehicles which CANNOT CAP FLAGS OR HOLD/CONTROL GROUND Certainly once the US starts taking control of the map, the usefullness of SpecOps teams increases in value. However, when we can't even get near the facility, how helpfull is blowing those bridges??

3) The A-10's: by far the most useless asset on this map. It's only uses can be done far better by the A-choppers, who can actually tell the difference between friend and foe due to the A-chopper being closer to their target(s) and not flying at 349082038038 mph... I asked for only 1 A-10 up, then asked for no A-10's up when it became obvious they were killing as many friendlies as enemies. Apparently without an admin around, people feel obligied to take any air asset available, no matter if it is usefull or not.

4) The Blackhawk: Yet another useless asset when you are trying to take facility. Once you cap facility and mosque, the 'Hawk becomes probably the most usefull asset, but before? it just wastes 2 people who could be doing something usefull, like, well, CAPPING FLAGS!!!!!!! This is another case, much like the A-10, where people feel a special clan tag, or just paying the money to purchase BF2 entitles them to do whatever they wish, and have not a care in the world about the commanders wishes. Shiny vehicles on the map? get the right kit and use them! Who cares if we win or loose, you got to operate a shiny vehicle. Basrah plays like a boxing match until the US caps the Mosque, you have to slug it out street-to-street and dominate the area, blackhawks and A-10's can't do that. The mobility granted to squads via the 'hawk is wasted when you have to control an area. It's only usefullness is in transporting the people who either lost their RP to tango's, which if you are controlling the city like you need to, should rarely ever happen or people who dont have enough squad members to drop a RP. I'm sure someone will respond about how that air drop on the facility made the difference, but for every 1 time it was a difference-maker, I bet you could also list me 10 times it just made for easy kills for the insurgents.

While I like the concept of the map, but unless an admin is on to enforce server rules it is a waste of an hour to play. When the Commander says in team chat so everyone can see it, "I only want the 2 attack choppers up, everyone else is on the ground" and 10 seconds later you see in team-chat, "we have the blackhawk up and ready to transport squads wherever needed" I see a blatent disreguard of the server rules, and nobody around to do anything about it. (on a side note, the 2 people in the hawk after I specifically asked for air to be grounded were two guys wearing the TG tag. I'm not here to name names or anything like that, just hopefully trying to make my point) The map plays out in pub play without an admin around to enforce the rules as one huge Deathmatch map. I am 99% positive that is not the atmosphere which this server wants to create, so I humbly ask this map be taken out of the normal rotation and only be played when an admin is on to enforce the rules.

Thank you for your time in reading my novel here. I greatly enjoy the atmosphere you promote on your server, it fits the game to a "T". Having said that it appears recently without an admin on to enforce your rules, people feel there is no need/reason to follow them.

:)

Comment

I don't see the for removing this or that map because it is hard to win for one side. I can have fun trying, don't care too much about the points in the end.
                      All of the maps have their problems/quirks/aas weirdness. I'm happy playing a diverse range of maps until (it won't be very long I bet) the next edition let's us discover all new things.

Comment

Good teamwork can overcome many obstacles and imbalances.

All players should bear this in mind - no matter what game they are playing.

The admins will work on being more attentive to attendance, however, if an admin is not available at a given time:

- Check on Teamspeak
                        - Send a private message to an admin describing the problem

Always be prepared to provide details of a problem - as in names and rules being broken.

Comment

I definitely agree with the teamwork. No map is fun with poor teamwork cause your team is always on the loosing end. I just like a variety of maps, don't like playing the same map over and over again and I am sure that is what the majority of the people are wanting, different maps. I also see where a lot of people are always griping about Al Basrah having lag in the city itself, my suggestion to these people, turn your graphics down, I had same issues but turn my textures down just a little and it cured all my lag problems.

Edit:
                          I also agree with the uselessness of the A-10's and choppers on this map. I have seen more maps lost cause everybody is trying to get in a vehicle of some sort and when they are in it the driver takes off straight for the enemies flag and gets everybody killed. What good was that, just gave somebody on the enemies side a crap load of score and that was all. If flying any transport chopper land outside known enemy sightings, the job is to get the soldiers to the fight, not kill them. Same with APC's, don't drive them right into the battle cause people are also spawning on them, double whammy if they get knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                            I definitely agree with the teamwork. No map is fun with poor teamwork cause your team is always on the loosing end. I just like a variety of maps, don't like playing the same map over and over again and I am sure that is what the majority of the people are wanting, different maps. I also see where a lot of people are always griping about Al Basrah having lag in the city itself, my suggestion to these people, turn your graphics down, I had same issues but turn my textures down just a little and it cured all my lag problems.
                            The biggest problem with Basrah isn't the map, it's the players. Straight off, people are grabbing all the limited kits simply because they can. You don't need 2 snipers and 2 marksmen, because they're as useful as a chocolate fireguard. Support kits can be useful, but do people really understand HOW to use them properly? You don't need A10's for a whole bunch of reasons, my favourite being that it's offensive to see a couple of guys rack up a huge score whilst not helping the team to win. What the US does need, and rarely gets, is a CO. Also, competent SL's are needed, who follow the server rules. Finally, players need to spawn at the airbase at the start of the map, and WAIT. The CO needs to issue orders to SL's, the SL's then need to issue orders to the SM's, and then the TEAM needs to execute the CO orders in an organised fashion.

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                            Edit:
                            I also agree with the uselessness of the A-10's and choppers on this map. I have seen more maps lost cause everybody is trying to get in a vehicle of some sort and when they are in it the driver takes off straight for the enemies flag and gets everybody killed. What good was that, just gave somebody on the enemies side a crap load of score and that was all. If flying any transport chopper land outside known enemy sightings, the job is to get the soldiers to the fight, not kill them. Same with APC's, don't drive them right into the battle cause people are also spawning on them, double whammy if they get knocked out.
                            This is just a re-run of the limited kits. Many people don't know how to employ the vehicles effectively. APC's can be taken into battle, but only when there are others strategically placed to give the entire team forward spawn points. An APC going into a hostile area needs infantry to support it. Once an APC is parked as a spawn point, it needs to be left alone unless it's discovery is imminent (in which case you park it somewhere else). If a squad wants to use it offensively, they need to get the OK from the CO before anyone gets a crewman kit.

A10's do have their uses, but as long as many PR players have an attitude of "I'm going to fly the A10 this map", I won't make use of them when I CO. I will ground them, and I will deal with anyone that can't follow CO orders. As for the UH60, it has great potential. Firstly, it's great for troop insertions, even into hot LZ's (small-arms don't hurt it). Secondly, the miniguns can deliver death to your doorstep for just a small surcharge of $1.99, and they don't even have to get close to do it. Thirdly, with a good (not to mention confident) pilot, they can provide a stable platform for marksmen (people who can shoot accurately, not just people with the limited kit). These marksmen can both shoot and provide intel from a great vantage point.
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Root:

Well said.
                              7Shades

How sweet, thought lifeless, yet with life to lie,
                              And, without dying, O how sweet to die!
                              - from Thomas Warton's "Ode to Sleep"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...