server's crashing a lot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server's crashing a lot

i really dont play other pr servers besides basrah some, so i don't know if this is common, but at most, the server might run 5 maps before a crash in my experience. you guys know what's going on, or is there some forced restart someone might be doing to tweak the maps?
    -dy.21

Re: server's crashing a lot

I never have a crash issue with the PR server. Sure it isn't on your side? I usually play about 4 -5 hours a night and nver had an issue and when I do, it is MY ISP.

Comment

The server does just die. We don't know why, but we're doing our best to figure it out.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Server crashes do happen and often come in spurts. It is not isolated to PR. We experience it on just about all BF servers we run.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

well if this helps to troubleshoot- in my experience, the crashes occur most often after map load. the minority of the crashes are occuring during game it seems.

server crashes aren't anything new, and i was away from bf2 for a good period, so i'm not sure what small server side fixes have been passed down, but this reminds me a lot of the period just after patch 1.3 that would send you to desktop after clicking on join game. maybe it's something similar to that, just with PR using an older format? it's not nearly as common as back then, but it's definately similar. old game ends, map load, join game, server dead. anyone know off hand what build they based PR around, if any besides the original?
          -dy.21

Comment

well, this happenes in BF 2142, but it is anyones guess why.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Ya most of the server crashes I have noticed come from mapchanges.
              "One Shot, One Kill"
              "Never run from a sniper. You will only die tired."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...