Bfcl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bfcl

Is anyone entering a team in the BFCL league (link in my sig!)? This kicks off soon, so you'll need to get signed up in a hurry. If anyone puts a team in and has a spare slot, I'm up for playing. Most of the 160th have too many RL commitments to be able to field our own team.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: Bfcl

8 vs. 8? Is that right?

That just seems odd because it leaves two people out of the main squad.

Seems like 12 vs. 12 would be more appropriate.

Comment

I've often wondered why so many BF2-related competitions often involve one squad per team. I hear about 6v6 scrims and such all the time, which boggles my mind when BF2 can handle so much more. It surprises me that truly epic, 64-man competitions, or 32 even, are not mentioned as often. It kind of feels like BF2's potential gets sold short. Or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

/shrug
      sigpic

Comment

Probably because the majority of clans don't have anywhere near the memberbase to field those sorts of numbers regularly.

Comment

They should team up with other clans then.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Braidedheadman View Post
            It surprises me that truly epic, 64-man competitions, or 32 even, are not mentioned as often. It kind of feels like BF2's potential gets sold short. Or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

/shrug
            It's very very difficult just for TG to find a scrim opponent to field 32p.

A few of us have played in another external PR league that was a lot of fun. Tactical Gamer has partnered with BFLC to provide these leagues and help determine the ruleset. While smaller in nature, these games should demonstrate the TG style play.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
              It's very very difficult just for TG to find a scrim opponent to field 32p.

A few of us have played in another external PR league that was a lot of fun. Tactical Gamer has partnered with BFLC to provide these leagues and help determine the ruleset. While smaller in nature, these games should demonstrate the TG style play.
              I was one who played in that external PR league for only a couple of 6 vs 6 matches and it was extremely fun and very tense. So just because it's small teams doesn't mean the experience will lessen.

Comment

The 8vs8 was a mistake on their site. It is 6vs6. The 12vs12 has been shelved until we can prove that there is a demand for it. In order for this to happen, I need those people who would be willing to lead a team to step up and say it. For those who want to be part of a team, same thing, step forward and show your interest. Stepping up here also helps us figure out if we have enough to do an internal PR scrim.

Root is looking for teammates. The Irregulars are looking for teammates. Let us know quickly if this is something you wish to participate in as it will be a ton of fun!

Lucky Shot

Comment

What I've never seen in a competition that would really improve the numbers is forcing separate teams to work together. Five six-man teams could be grouped together into one team fairly well if they were able to practice beforehand.
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                    What I've never seen in a competition that would really improve the numbers is forcing separate teams to work together. Five six-man teams could be grouped together into one team fairly well if they were able to practice beforehand.
                    Here's a thought. If we can get enough teams into the BFCL league, and gain match experience, we can then put a challenge out on the BFCL and PR fora to take on 32 of our finest.
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

The finest? That's not fair; I want to play too!
                      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                        Abra's league was pretty darn close to that. But we can't consider that until we have 12 six man teams.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Ten will do, if you can find two able commanders. Please note that I am not an able commander, as several squad leaders from a few maps can certainly tell you.
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Sounds like your ready to sign up. As a free agent or as part of an in house squad? Also, would you consider being a leader? That's what I need to know.

Lucky Shot

Comment

I believe that the Irregs have a full 6 man team. Axis is the contact for the Irregs in the League so if you need anything from the Irregs on this, he is the man.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...tml#post681671
                              Retired 6th DB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X