Death cam!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death cam!

I think I've posted on this before, but I was recently reminded why I want this to go... And I'm guilty of this as well... if im going to be death cam viewed, i say what i see -- better to just make us look up into the sky as we die.

I heard that death cam was a server side option.. if thats the case, please please please turn it off... I hate it when I'm sneaking, have to kill 1 guy quickly and quietly, then have a whole army decend upon me after I find a place to lay low.

My most recent death cam disappointment happened on al basarah.

I manged to get the 50cal sniper rifle as an insurgent -- a feat in and of itself, i had to run the sniper over with a car --.

I took a position far off in the desert and was sniping south towards mosq.
    I fired 1 shot. 1. It killed a humvee driver (crewman) as he headed for a tank that was in need of one more man (had 1 guy on the gun, but not driver). I thought i chose a wise target. Stopped them from getting a tank mobile. Anyway. I backed away after i died, behind a small sand hill. A few second later, i was taking fire from the tank, had an enemy humvee coming for me, and was assaulted by a chopper!

At super long 50 cal range, its just a shame that my sneakyness was undone by death cam.... the driver had no idea where he took a shot from. (and it was a damn good shot, getting him in a moving vehic) and i think it sucks that important tactical info is given away every time you kill someone.
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Re: Death cam!

*edit*
    Deleted post since I don't want to discuss this on second thought, and had put things a bit bluntly.
    Last edited by BigGaayAl; 04-08-2007, 08:29 PM.

Comment

I'm talking about the way the camera swivels to follow the man that killed you.

1. no.
      2. no
      3. You're a scholar and a gentleman
      |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
        I'm talking about the way the camera swivels to follow the man that killed you.

1. no.
        2. no
        3. You're a scholar and a gentleman
        i'm not sure of the circumstances that activate it, but i sometimes don't get the deathcam action, so i figure that maybe headshots disable it, making them look at the sky. or the opposite could be true.
        -dy.21

Comment

if you're critically wounded i dont think it follows, you see sky --- if you die it follows.
          |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

though I know I shouldn't, I find myself giving reports on enemy activities when I'm in death cam mode. Sometimes I stop myself but sometimes I forget in the heat of battle...I'm all for removing it.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Correct, if you die it follows. If you're shot in the head, you become KIA, not critically wounded. If you are shot by a sniper, chances are you are shot in the head. The deathcam seems to exist solely for the purpose of exposing snipers. At least in BF2 it's not as bad as BF1942, which zooms out to a sky camera and focuses the crosshairs on your killer.
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Another vote for seeing this go - I guess I can understand where they were coming from when it was included, since a well-placed (badly-placed?!) sniper can become an annoyance if they are map-edge-crawling or doing some kind of glitching, but it retracts from the tactical realism.
                7Shades

How sweet, thought lifeless, yet with life to lie,
                And, without dying, O how sweet to die!
                - from Thomas Warton's "Ode to Sleep"

Comment

actually having a dead guy able to report from where he was shot defeats the purpose of the shooter being in cover or relocating for that matter. the deathcam is the major reason i relocate, secondary reason is its common sence to keep them guessing. which brings me back to the issue of the deathcam it makes it difficult to remain in hiding without being exposed to fire from units that logically shouldn't be aware of you.

case in point. I shot a squad leader and 2 of his followers as they bunny hopped around the desert. I was up on a tall building which i vacated right after. i then moved several building over and hid myself at ground level behind a dune and with plant cover. no sooner had i moved the old location was marked and then swarmed. in keeping the mood going they shouldn't have known where i was and it was a good thing i chose to move.

Comment

I'm so glad someone mentioned this. I -hate- the deathcam for all the reasons listed above. Mostly, though, I hate it because I don't think a dead guy should be able to tell his buddies where you are.

Comment

There was actually a good long thread about this a while back on the PR forums. I am for getting rid of it as well, and like Grunt I sometimes find myself passing on info, but it usually is what I saw just before I died.

If I am moving through an area with buildings for cover and I get headshot by a sniper that can only be shooting from one direction (like a high ridge to the east for example), is it wrong for me to pass that on though comms even if I don't get the deathcam?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I'm all for this being turned off.
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

death to the death cam!

Comment

I die to much as it is....... could you close my eyes when I am dead so I don't see the celebratory corpse humping all the time :(
                            sigpic
                            Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Comment

were working on a 'fade to black' screen but it wont be in v0.6 unforunately.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X