This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [TG] Tag Question

When I play on the Tactical Gamer PR server and I see players with this tag are they supporting members or just people registered on the Tactical Gamer website? The only PR server I play on is Tactical Gamer and I registered on the website to think about joining. So do I put on a [TG] tag since I registered or only if I'm a supporting member.

Also, sometimes while playing on the Tactical Gamer PR server I get a quick pause, then it takes me to the PR main menu saying I lost connection to the server. I have great ping and a great ISP (I never get this message on any other server). This only happens every once in a while, but when I rejoin I can play for about 30 sec. after getting in before the same message comes up. So I have to wait for the server to restart until I can play again. Sometimes I can't play for the whole day. =( Any ideas for helping me.

Thanks,
    XCliPsX
    |TG|XCliPsX
    Medic, Engineer, Squad Leader, Commander

Quote from the Tactical Gamer Primer:
    Within Tactical Gamer, ANY activity that capitalizes on the limitations of a game to provide the advantage rather than that advantage coming from superior teamwork, strategy and tactics, is frowned upon. We all want to win when we play, but the focus at Tactical Gamer should be one of winning with some sort of dignity, honor, and skill, not because you were able to out-exploit the other team or box them into a corner built on technological weakness that gives you the advantage.

Re: [TG] Tag Question

For the tag, anybody with a registered forum account can use the |TG| tag (\ + Shift for the pipe |).

Comment

Thanks Acid, I'll use the tag from now on in PR.
      |TG|XCliPsX

Within Tactical Gamer, ANY activity that capitalizes on the limitations of a game to provide the advantage rather than that advantage coming from superior teamwork, strategy and tactics, is frowned upon. We all want to win when we play, but the focus at Tactical Gamer should be one of winning with some sort of dignity, honor, and skill, not because you were able to out-exploit the other team or box them into a corner built on technological weakness that gives you the advantage.

Comment

This thread also has some great thoughts on wearing the TG tags in BF2. :)

Becoming a supporting member is not necessary to wear the tags - just be a solid, mature teamplayer. Skill is not even a necessity, only the desire to learn and to know your role in your squad.
        Beatnik

Comment

Anyone have any suggestion on the connection problem?
          |TG|XCliPsX

Comment

Try manually updating punkbuster. I have heard that may fix some sporadic connection problems.

Welcome to TG!
            Retired 6th DB

Comment

Wearing the tag means you wish to portray the idles of TG community and agree to behave appropriately since you'll represent the group with the tags on.

Unless you're me -- every group needs an ass clown.
              |TG|Switch

Better known as:
              That noob who crashed the chopper.
              That noob who ran over the mine.
              That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
              That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

As far as the connection thing goes, give us some detail on what hardware and software you're using and we might be able to throw some ideas your way.

Comment

Connection prob - try shutting down puter and modem for 30 sec's. No idea what causes it (mostly after my wife gets done playing pogo). But it has cleared all occurrences, for me, of the exact same description.
                  sigpic
                  Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Comment

Originally posted by XCliPsX View Post
                    When I play on the Tactical Gamer PR server and I see players with this tag are they supporting members or just people registered on the Tactical Gamer website? The only PR server I play on is Tactical Gamer and I registered on the website to think about joining. So do I put on a [TG] tag since I registered or only if I'm a supporting member.

Also, sometimes while playing on the Tactical Gamer PR server I get a quick pause, then it takes me to the PR main menu saying I lost connection to the server. I have great ping and a great ISP (I never get this message on any other server). This only happens every once in a while, but when I rejoin I can play for about 30 sec. after getting in before the same message comes up. So I have to wait for the server to restart until I can play again. Sometimes I can't play for the whole day. =( Any ideas for helping me.

Thanks,
                    XCliPsX
                    Hi xclipsx, I welcome you to the forums. However I wish to recommend that you not continue dropping arty on the UK ucb on the first day you put the tag in your name (Hills of Hamgyong). I switched sides when that happened yesterday and I must say that I was quite surprised to see that CO wearing a TG tag. I do believe it is against the rule, someone correct me if I'm wrong and I will gladly retract this statement humbly. Come to think of it, you probably haven't read the rules so here they are if you overlooked them: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ncements-sops/.

Comment

Oh, I never knew you could not drop arty on UCB. Sorry about that. I never thought about that rule while accepting arty strikes from squad leaders. Thanks for telling me that, BigGaayAl. I read over the rules but they don't have "No arty on UCB" specific in the rule examples. I believe that you should put that example in the rules for future TG members.

In regards to the connection issue, I believe I fixed it by re-installing PR.
                      I will also try the solution you have IOOB_583 if the problem start happening again.

Here's my hardware for my comp, Ferris Bueller.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
                      Memory: 2 GB
                      GPU: nVidia GeForce 7900 GT
                      Audio: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series

I'm directly connected to my router also if that helps.

Thanks Everyone,
                      XCliPsX
                      Last edited by XCliPsX; 04-10-2007, 12:31 PM. Reason: Add in reply to IOOB's comment
                      |TG|XCliPsX

Comment

Banned help me please

hi... thanks for attention... i was banned for teamkill... but i was insurgent and a humvee across the road... i was sapper and i blow up the ied... but near my ied was 2 or 3 friendlies i can' t remember.. the guys who i teamkilled think was intentional.. it was a big mistake i say sorry but i was banned... please help me

ingame nickname: ginka92

Comment

Heya Ginka92

Although an Admin will likely see your post here and may redirect you, there are two threads that would be of some importance to you.

Both are in this forum and are Stickies placed at the top.

1. RULES: Project Reality Rules & Guidelines, Server Info, Everything You Need to Know
                          Link: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...need-know.html

This describes all links and rules you will need to know here. Please read. Much of it is required reading. Others are links to help out such as in your case. Within it you will also see a highlighted link in red, this is the second Sticky you can also see at the top of the forum.

2. BANNED? KICKED? Need an admin? Read this!
                          Link is: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...dmin-read.html

I apologise for my no-skills in being able to place the link below the title for ease of use. Haven't learnt that yet. But I hope that helps. Please remember though, that the first link holds links that are required reading, it will be of use for you in any case.

Comment

Jesus H - reviving a thread that has nothing to do with what you're posting about? Are you serious?

Here is your question in the correct forum.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X