Record score?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record score?

Just want to know what the highest recorded score has been for a player on PR in the TG servers.
    Just now i finished an Al Basra map and got my cobra gunner 88 kills and 3 deaths.
    His total score at the end of the round...

There are 62 people who can confirm this too....

Babylon

Re: Record score?

Most TG guys don't play for the score, they play for fun, teamwork etc. PR has a odd scoring system to me anyway, so a high score doesn't really mean much to me.

Comment

got 3828 on basra once with 82-0, a-10. i think i was in that game tonight you were talking about, but my computer hard crashed into reboot 15 mins into it. that crap just started two days ago, i think my vid card is failing out :(
      -dy.21

Comment

holy crap. I see all these super high numbers. My score never usually breaks 50-60 and thats mostly due to all the reviving I do. Hell, I cant even count that high because my fingers stop at 10!

Comment

Originally posted by dys View Post
          got 3828 on basra once with 82-0, a-10.
          Originally posted by babylon View Post
          Just now i finished an Al Basra map and got my cobra gunner 88 kills and 3 deaths.
          His total score at the end of the round...1374
          And I'll bet in both cases, your team lost, thus negating what little value your high personal score might have had. This is a community for teamplayers, not me-players. Please take your bragging elsewhere, or at least brag about a team victory. I'd like to see a US CO post to brag that their team won Basrah with both sides still having 400+ tickets. THAT would be something to brag about.
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

hmm the cobra/a-10 is made to support ground forces and neutralize the enemy. I think my squad did a great job doing just that. If the folks on the ground had a hard time getting flags, then that isn't something the cobra could have done much about. We worked with the commander to clear out areas and allow for ground forces to come through and take positions. What else do you want us to do??? Should we not even use those assets and simply be on the ground?

Comment

Well first off, if you got 88 kills on AB, thats pretty good. Thats 1/10th of the enemy forces, so you did a good job for you team. With only 3 deaths you must have been using the cobra the way is was meant to be used.

Also being a avid cobra gunner myself, I know you cant get all those kills without help from the ground spotting, so team work was necessary.

The guys are right though, most players dont care about score on this server. I would like my total revives at the end of the round, just to keep track of my own progress, but we dont shout about stats. Its all about if your team wins and how many lives(tickets) you saved at the end. I saw a sniper with 44 kills, someone commented that he was amazing. His response "Yeah, but we still lost, I should of played a medic." This is how TG works.(Though I would argue that 44 kills with a sniper is a lot of help for any team)

Though I always welcome a good cobra pilot and gunner. There is nothing better than having these guys clear the road for you.
              I kill terrorist.
              I do good.
              I have top score.
              I a Dutch.

-AKA- Snow411

Comment

I like being middle of the road playin. Don't particularly care what score I get (nor others for that matter) as long as the game is fun. Backup from choppers and A-10s is good except, of course, when they don't notice the blue blobs they are chewing up at the same time. I have been into facility, with or without my squad, many times just to get hammered by my own teams air arm. I of course have been saved on the rare occassion by the same folks who luckilly shoot the red blob near me but that does not seem to make up for my own death. The times I have seen the facility loaded with other blue blobs - like me - and bombed or strafed by some airmen are to numerous to mention.
                sigpic
                Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Comment

Originally posted by babylon View Post
                  hmm the cobra/a-10 is made to support ground forces and neutralize the enemy. I think my squad did a great job doing just that. If the folks on the ground had a hard time getting flags, then that isn't something the cobra could have done much about. We worked with the commander to clear out areas and allow for ground forces to come through and take positions. What else do you want us to do??? Should we not even use those assets and simply be on the ground?
                  You're right, a Cobra crew cannot capture a flag. But you can, on the ground.

In many cases, yes, a CO will specifically ground air assets to get more infantry on flags.

I recently played a round on Al Basrah as a Cobra pilot with a great gunner. We took out the Insurgent tanks, technicals, spawncars and an enemy squad that hid near the airport and harassed any air/armor that came out. In the end, the USMC did win the round...but I have no idea what my score was.

With the lack of renewable armor on the Insurgent side, I think the A-10 is a waste on Basrah, since anti-armor is its only real function. The Cobra, on the other hand, does make for a more versatile gunship.
                  |TG-6th|Belhade
                  "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I agree, my score is second to the teams, lol, i will admit to getting in a pretty bad mood when our team loses, but is that such a bad thing?!

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
                      And I'll bet in both cases, your team lost, thus negating what little value your high personal score might have had. This is a community for teamplayers, not me-players. Please take your bragging elsewhere, or at least brag about a team victory. I'd like to see a US CO post to brag that their team won Basrah with both sides still having 400+ tickets. THAT would be something to brag about.
                      i know we won with all cp's but palace. 360 tickets u.s., won with bleed on insurgents. a-10 didn't take flags, but between myself and the cobras, our mission was mostly knockin down spawns and clearing roofs and masses of infantry.
                      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...r-support.html
                      -dy.21

Comment

Al Basrah tactics suggestion: when Palace is the last place they can spawn, have all squads stay away from that area, just keeping the insurgents in there. Call in an A-10 and Cobra strike, get the Blackhawk guns going, and after significant damage is done, send the infantry in.
                        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

After action reports and official commendations are one thing, but posting one’s individual scores outside of these is another matter altogether.

When I'm flying a jet or a chopper, I know that I'm only as successful in the air as my ground troops will permit me when they spot targets for me; alert me to SAA, MAA, and A2A threats; and get out of the way when I begin a strafing run. Especially noteworthy are those who back my role up by manning their own AA stations, over to whom I may lead threats that have acquired my six for a shakedown.

"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends."
                          --- Dwight David Eisenhower
                          Also, and while I'm not saying that it was necessarily the case here, I don't think that I am helping my team if all I do is rape spawns in a chopper (a la TV Station when playing Vanilla) or bomb the ever-living-crap out of infantry formations. In my view, aircraft are anti-vehicle platforms first, fast response to neutralized flags second, with anti-infantry a very distant third.

I was kind of expecting a lock after Root's comments.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Braidedheadman View Post
                            After action reports and official commendations are one thing, but posting one’s individual scores outside of these is another matter altogether.

When I'm flying a jet or a chopper, I know that I'm only as successful in the air as my ground troops will permit me when they spot targets for me; alert me to SAA, MAA, and A2A threats; and get out of the way when I begin a strafing run. Especially noteworthy are those who back my role up by manning their own AA stations, over to whom I may lead threats that have acquired my six for a shakedown.

Also, and while I'm not saying that it was necessarily the case here, I don't think that I am helping my team if all I do is rape spawns in a chopper (a la TV Station when playing Vanilla) or bomb the ever-living-crap out of infantry formations. In my view, aircraft are anti-vehicle platforms first, fast response to neutralized flags second, with anti-infantry a very distant third.

I was kind of expecting a lock after Root's comments.
                            the vast majority of air missions are anti-personnel in current conflicts, most notably in iraq and afghanistan, where it'd be otherwise too difficult or dangerous to send in ground troops of your own to neutralize targets.
                            as for responding to neutral flags
                            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../screen001.jpg
                            before
                            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../screen011.jpg
                            after

ww2 was a war fought by the Blitzkreig, where fast movers and heavy armor were the name of the game. air power in this era changed the face of the conflict, but this just does not apply today in our current conflicts. same for vietnam, and the eradication and exposure of the Ho Chi Minh trail. army and marnine liasons were stationed to detect troop movements and to call in air support to utilize napalm and high explosive munitions to destroy the troops and clear the jungle to deny the enemy cover.

the last time america has seen any remarkable armor support was in the first gulf war, and where it was needed, air support was utilized. today, as in the case of pr's basrah, we just don't have armor to destroy, and the mission is drastically different. you said "In my view, aircraft are anti-vehicle platforms first, fast response to neutralized flags second, with anti-infantry a very distant third." in today's insurgent warfare, air support is 1) anti-infantry ground cover, and fast response platforms (including vehicles) 2) high value target elimination. anti-infantry is anything but third. i'd argue that the same applies to the game. if insurgents spawned in little cars all over greater baghdad in real life, i'd guarantee you that they'd be the number one priority targets. i'm all open for discussion though.
                            -dy.21

Comment

I don't really get the PR scoring system. The very first map I played (which was this week) I got over 200, like #5 on my team, and did absolutely nothing but figure out the weapons and kits. I only had like 8 kills and 6 deaths....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X