Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map indicators

Afternoon.

I can't find a reference in the PR User Guide to the coloured dots used on the mini-map, which surround friendly players at times.

There are orange and red "auras".

From what I've seen on the map and what's been happening in-game at the time, I assume they are something to do with firing and/or taking fire?

Also, sometimes the SL's dot is red, and I can't spawn on him, yet it sounds like he's alive and well. Is this because he's taking fire? I notice it's red when he's "critically wounded"...

Anything else I should know about PR's mini-map?
    7Shades

How sweet, thought lifeless, yet with life to lie,
    And, without dying, O how sweet to die!
    - from Thomas Warton's "Ode to Sleep"

Re: Map indicators

The thing is red because:
    1.) You're trying to spawn on a normal spawnpoint (ie, a UCB) but there are people/objects blocking all of the possible spawn locations
    2.) You're trying to spawn on an APC that has gotten blown up. The spawn option remains for a while afterwards.
    3.) Your squad leader is dead/heavily wounded/in an area where it's impossible to spawn on (on a ladder/1 seat vehicle/ in a tight alleyway or other area where there is no room around the person to spawn in)

As for the orange/red thing, I've always wondered myself.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that if you have a medic or rifleman kit, any players showing a red surround are in need of you.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by mingmong View Post
        The thing is red because:
        1.) You're trying to spawn on a normal spawnpoint (ie, a UCB) but there are people/objects blocking all of the possible spawn locations
        2.) You're trying to spawn on an APC that has gotten blown up. The spawn option remains for a while afterwards.
        3.) Your squad leader is dead/heavily wounded/in an area where it's impossible to spawn on (on a ladder/1 seat vehicle/ in a tight alleyway or other area where there is no room around the person to spawn in)

As for the orange/red thing, I've always wondered myself.
        i dont think he is talking about spawning on the squad lead, he is talking about in game on the minimap players get a red circle or orange or some damn colour i think root has the explanation, only because it sounds about right... i dont know for sure why that is i always assumed it was either firing or taking fire.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Right what they said ^^^

You can't spawn on your SL if he's bleeding... Be sure to remind him to patch up so you can spawn.

If you're a medic, the ring around teammates indicates they need healing. If you're a rifleman or policeman, the ring indicates a teammate that needs ammunition. In both cases, more severe needs are indicated with "darker" the rings.

Comment

If you're a medic, orange means they've been hit, and red means they're bleeding out. If you're a rifleman, orange means they've fired at least one shot, and red means they're low on ammunition (this could be anything like having only one grenade left).
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Also, squad leaders won't be red if you can't spawn on them due to a tight alleyway or cramped location, you'll just not be able to spawn on them. They will be red if all vehicle positions are full etc though.
              "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

Great team effort on answering the OP's questions. :icon14:
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

thanks whiskey and ednos i learned a few things i didnt know there

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by ChernobylKinsman View Post
                    Also, squad leaders won't be red if you can't spawn on them due to a tight alleyway or cramped location, you'll just not be able to spawn on them.
                    Not many people know that. If your squad leader spawn is green but you just dont spawn in when selecting it he possibly is in a tight space or has his rear turned to a wall. Just tell your SL you cant spawn in and he should move a bit, then try again.
                    former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Great team effort on answering the OP's questions.
                      Yup, I'll second that!

+Rep to all who answered, other than root and whiskey, I seem to have given you all the love I can for the moment, chaps...!

I can't find this info anywhere, it should be added somewhere. There's probably a few other - quite minor, yet important - things I don't know about this mod...
                      7Shades

How sweet, thought lifeless, yet with life to lie,
                      And, without dying, O how sweet to die!
                      - from Thomas Warton's "Ode to Sleep"

Comment

This doesn't need to be in the PR userguide because it's been in Vanilla BF2 since release. Kinda thought it was assumed knowledge.

Comment

Squad leaders couldn't bleed in vanilla, but yes most of it is the same.
                          "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X