Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Building

do we have an vets map building for TG?

i'm gonna give it a go and see how things pan out. i'm normally a 2d/3d artist but for some odd reason the idea of creating a map piques my interest.

the area of interest is Al Fallujah. i've several overhead photos of the region and some very nice shots of industrial areas where fighting did occur. think Al Basrah facility area and you'll get something of an idea what i speak of.

Re: Map Building

yea a realistic represenation of al fallujah would be fantastic :)

Comment

I'm going to try my hand at designing a map here in the next couple of months with AAS2 in mind. Very large scale. I was hoping it to be British vs. PLA but I want both sides to have two tanks. Are there Challenger II tanks modeled in PRM? If not it'll have to be USA vs. PLA.

Also, with regards to a Fallujah map:

Check out the book No True Glory by Bing West. It has several high detail maps of Fallujah and chronicles the events that occured there. Excellent read and should prove helpful in designing such a map; though it won't be the same without AC-130 spookies and Mk 19 grenade launchers.

Comment

Coridon, as of now there are no challenger tanks, WAIT FOR .6!!!!!!!!! they are releasing the challenger at that time.

Comment

C2 tanks will be in v0.7

Comment

I'd give mapping a try if we had experienced hands who were willing to give support to newbies. PR is particularly lacking in extraction maps, and I've love to make one or more.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

<<< also a newbie at map-making but would love to try if I knew what the hell I was doing.

Comment

how about a night map?beware, i have no idea how you would make any map, so im leaving this to you guys!:)

Comment

join the PR forums we have more than enough resources and people on hand to get you started,,,we support a small stable of starving mappers over here...we have our regular mappers (about 3-5) and about 4-5 contractors as well..

Comment

Originally posted by IronTaxi View Post
                    join the PR forums we have more than enough resources and people on hand to get you started,,,we support a small stable of starving mappers over here...we have our regular mappers (about 3-5) and about 4-5 contractors as well..
                    If they're willing to help answer really noobish questions, I might do that. Seeing some of the content elsewhere in the PR forum, I tend not to do much posting.
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I'd really like to see a Battle of Najaf map. The real Najaf contains a huge, mausoleum-filled cemetary that's 3km by 5km, and of course was the site of one of the biggest battles of the early stages of the war - I think the big battle there lasted over a month. THAT would be an incredible map. :)
                      Beatnik

Comment

not a bad idea for a map...that cemetery where they fought the alsadr militia correct?

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
                        I'd really like to see a Battle of Najaf map. The real Najaf contains a huge, mausoleum-filled cemetary that's 3km by 5km, and of course was the site of one of the biggest battles of the early stages of the war - I think the big battle there lasted over a month. THAT would be an incredible map. :)

Comment

Yep. From the wiki entry on Najaf:

Originally posted by wiki article
                          In August 2004, fighting broke out again between American troops of the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit, the 1st Cavalry Division's 1st Battalion, 5th US Cavalry Regiment and 2nd Battalion, 7th US Cavalry Regiment, 15th Forward Support Battalion and as-Sadr's Mahdi Army. The battle, which was mostly centered around Wādī' as-Salām Cemetery and the southwestern portion of the city, lasted three weeks and ended when senior Iraqi cleric Ayatollah Alī as-Sīstānī negotiated an end to the fighting. The evening before Sistani arrived in the city, two F-16's, flying out of Balad, dropped four two-thousand pound JDAMs (Joint Direct Attack Munitions) on two hotels in close proximity to the Imam Ali Shrine. The success of this airstrike dealt a devastating blow to the insurgents holed up in the second holiest shrine in the Islamic faith. Through the course of three weeks, thousands of Mahdi Army guerrillas were killed and considerable damage was inflicted on the old town and cemetery. The main shrines again suffered only superficial damage.
                          Beatnik

Comment

I actually want to work on a Lebanese styled city (Beirut). I find that the current maps are just too flat. Real cities can be quite hilly.

Anyone who is interested, IM me. Its firstly going to be an extraction map, then I'll turn it into a conquest map.

Comment

I'd like to see more maps featuring combined arms. Although I'm usualy playing as infantry, I like to see air battles overhead and attack choppers roaming. Imo it's what BF2 was made for. A steady diet of pure infantry based maps makes for a lifeless battlefield. We seriously need a large scale armor vs. armor map imo. 8 tanks per side and 2 attack helo's.

A map like Ejod, but with a 1000~m plain at the center of the map and a village at either end of it. Feature some elevations changes and some natural/man made cover to provide areas of masked troop movement and leave wide open spaces to contest. Maybe a river running across the center with a destroyable bridge and one or two water crossings.

The .6 draw and zoom distances should make for incredible tank battles without total fear of always being in AT infantry' range. Tanks are highly vulnerable in the center of Ejod imo. So many places for inf to hide.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X