1stMIP and the BFCL League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1stMIP and the BFCL League

As the title implies, 1stMIP will be creating a team to participate in the upcoming BFCL League.

The matches will be 6 vs. 6, and the roster limit is set at 18. That being said, right now there are five 1stMIP members wishing to play, and we'd like to increase our ranks substantially so there's no pressure for each team member to play every week. Ideally, we will have enough members so only those who wish to play and have no scheduling conflicts can play that week, and no one alters their plans because they feel obligated to participate. I would also like to stress that many of the 1st will happily sit out if someone else is available for a specific matchup; i.e., people wishing to join our team won't constantly be vying for that elusive sixth slot.

1stMIP is not a competive in-house squad so this is a little awkward for us, but hopefully the experience will prove invigorating.

Signing up in this thread does not automatically put you on the roster. As mentioned, we aren't going to pull out all the stops to win, but rather use fireteams in an organized fashion and hope for the best. Any applicant should be familiar with the 1stMIP handbook, and preferably have previous experience playing in one of our squads.

If our disciplined playing style doesn't interest you, there are other squads also participating in the BFCL league. There is Team Havok, founded by Stickyjeans69, the Irregulars have a team, and also TG-E, with Troublesome4u in charge over there.

If interested in joining the 1stMIP team you may post here, but also send me a PM. We'll try and get you in a squad in the next few weeks to see if our methods are really up your alley. ;)

Re: 1stMIP and the BFCL League

Hey Coridon,

I'd be more than happy to fight alongside the 1stMIP if you'd be willing to have me... and it doesn't conflict with my tourney play (the site doesn't say when the matches are scheduled or what time they are played). Anyhow, I think you know my style of play... pretty much willing to play as anything and do whatever is asked of me.

Finestyle.
    It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
    - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Count.

Me.

In.
      7Shades

How sweet, thought lifeless, yet with life to lie,
      And, without dying, O how sweet to die!
      - from Thomas Warton's "Ode to Sleep"

Comment

Since I really have been wanting to play in a scrim, and since you don't always have to be there, count me in as a sub at least. I always supposed in tourneys you have to play all matches and you know, that is a little more commitment then I usually want to give to a computer game.

PS is it possible to fill in for different teams? Since troublesome inquired about this with me first, I would maybe be able to help his team out too if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
          PS is it possible to fill in for different teams? Since troublesome inquired about this with me first, I would maybe be able to help his team out too if needed.
          I was wondering this too - since involvement is not definite at this point, do you have an issue with us hooking up with other squads? I'd hate to leave it too last minute to be able to join in at all...! ;)
          7Shades

Comment

very nice, i think it's going to be a good BFCL season lots of teams signing up

Comment

No - you can only be a member of one team per league. (at least according to the rules)

Comment

do u no what mate, im in, put me down, and thanx for considering me!!!i have not heard anything back from the irregs so.....im in!let me know details whenever mate!thanks

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                  No - you can only be a member of one team per league. (at least according to the rules)
                  Ah, rules, rules, always with the bloody rules!

:icon_eek:

I'm joking of course. I suppose I'd better get me over there and read them then, eh?
                  7Shades

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                    do u no what mate, im in, put me down, and thanx for considering me!!!i have not heard anything back from the irregs so.....im in!let me know details whenever mate!thanks
                    Are you sure you're reading your PM's Jeepo? Axis has sent out a couple of messages.
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

hang on....il check root

Edit: oh yea, so he did!:(but i think it was for 2142, which i dont have!my bad though!However, was just in the forums, and it looks like the Irregs DO have a PR team entered, so i will try and find out the situation!:)

Comment

I am a member of no teams and able/available to play, unlike half the people who posted here... :)

Comment

Shameless bump...

Anyone else? We're still looking for a few more bodies. Again, familiarize yourself with the style we play, then ask if it's for you or not.

Don't worry about the time committment. The more we have on the team the better the chances of easily filling the six positions for each match. If we end up with 15-18 players (that's the target) and you have a previous engagement this particular week, somebody else should be available to fill in for you. Also, matches are scheduled between the two competing teams so they work out a date/time that's most convenient for both. We probably won't be playing the same day and time each week.

Twitch skill isn't that big of deal. Playing well together as fireteams is.

Please send me a pm if this piques your interest, and you're not already committed to another team (silly Jeepo!). ;)

Comment

*Intrusion*

Jeepo ya jumpin' ship on us are ye???

Finestyle, when did you serve with the 33rd??

Back on topic, if anyone is interested please sign up with the 1stMIP as they are a bunch of nice chap, they shoot well, and are outstanding tacticians.

B
                            "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Bc2ID View Post
                              Finestyle, when did you serve with the 33rd??
                              The sig? It's from a tourney I play in...
                              It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                              - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X