Sincerely disapointed with where the TG Project Reality server is going

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sincerely disapointed with where the TG Project Reality server is going

When I first started playing Project Reality, my first server was Tactical Gamer. I was absolutely amazed by the coordination and cooperation of the players, the strict enforcement of listening to Squad Leaders and Commanders.

However, with the influx of newer players, the tactical gamer server and many other PR servers have been flooded with "Vanilla noobs".

While I don't mind helping new players, some people are simply unwilling to cooperate. If I remember correctly, TG has a policy that they kick squad leaders who do not cooperate with the commander, and also kick squad members who disobey squad leader's orders.

I just recently went commander on Al Basrah for the USMC, and tried my best to organize and direct the force. However, I was met with a large variety of uncooperative players. Some squad leaders were cooperative, Snoopicus, Top Cat, namely. The rest either refused orders, or accepted them and did the exact opposite.

As commander, I kept trying, however, it got too much when I started having cobras doing strafing runs instead of destroying spawn cars, as I had requested, and they had formally accepted. If they are doing this casually, thats fine, however, they were focusing all their energy and being totally insubordinate.

If TG seeks to maintain the high level of team play, such squad leaders should be warned, and then if the problem persists, kicked. After a while, I realized my attempts were futile, so I resigned and then typed up an angry message, I used the word "****ing" once, and then got banned, not even warned, not even kicked, Banned.

There needs to be some stricter enforcement of rules. TG doesn't suffer from a lack of popularity, so banning the nitwits won't adversely effect server population, it'll only serve as an example that cooperation and team play are first and foremost, and that TG does actually enforce their own rules.

I don't mean for this post to be inflammatory or anything of that nature. I'm just trying to describe the problem that I know a lot of players face on the PR TG server.

Thanks

Re: Sincerely disapointed with where the TG Project Reality server is going

We share your concern. But here's the trick; if we don't see smoke, we can't put out the fire.

Chat is easy to see. It's displayed to everyone. Insubordination is not.

We have a policy that asks players to report behavior that seems to be against our principles. Send a PM to admins. Name names. If we don't know what to watch for, the wrong attitudes can slip through the cracks when 50+ players can play together.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

i'm still having good games. for the new vanilla players, i see a lot more pseudo-suicidal crap going on, like charging a flag to drop slams and kill as much as you can before you die. the curve will set it when they have 1 minute spawn times and start paying attention when they lose. hopefully
      -dy.21

Comment

As Pokerface mentioned, the admins need help in identifying these players. With name-tags removed and the sheer number of players in a game, it's difficult to know who isn't following orders. We need the support of the players to help identify problems.

First check in teamspeak if an admin is present. The next would be to type the name of the player and the infraction over global chat as many admins monitor chat. If an admin isn't directly available, then please send a PM to one of the admins. We are able to deal with players retrospectively.

We do understand your frustration and are working to increase the admin ranks and provide quality game play 24/7. But even with two dozen admins, we still need the intel from the players.

In regards to your ban, please send me a PM to discuss further.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

I've seen and engineer running up and dropping c4 down at people then bunnyhopping back recently. It made me sad. As did the inability to see what his name was *grumbles*
          "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

Guys, remember that while you can't see the names in-game, if you want to help out the administration team, you can download the Battlefield Recorder files and discover their names and even record the action for the benefit of those in charge. I know this is more work than seems appropriate, but if you are really appalled at the server's status and really want to see it improve, this is one effective method of aiding the administrators, who already have plenty of work to do aside from real life responsibilities.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

fyi - People generally aren't banned for language, unless they're flaming teammates/tauting opponents, or spamming the channel with inflammatory or racist messages. So definitely PM an admin about that.

re: other points. If there's an admin on (please connect to Teamspeak when you're on so you know), report the first offense to an admin. We're only too happy to kick non-team players from the server for the reasons you mentioned. But we do have a process of warning first and letting them know why they're being kicked/banned.

We definitely NEED players telling us what's up in order to enforce our rules though. The closer to the actual time of the infraction, the better.
              Beatnik

Comment

I have a suggestion that will GREATLY help with this situation.

Look, I know all of us TG guys and gals love to squad with each other. We all know each other and know that anyone wearing a TG tag is dependable. Everyone else for the most part, with a few exceptions that play on the server very very regularly, is questionable. So what we frequently get is 2 squads full of TG members and the rest of the squads composed of random people.

The solution is this: Squad lead as much as you can and spread the TG love around instead of huddling up. If we break it down to where we have 1 or 2 people who know the drill in each squad, it will not only give us a much greater ability to teach people and report any wrongdoings, but will give us a greater amount of control over the game. This way, we dont have to take reports from other people about so-and-so being stupid, or joe whatshisname ignoring the commander and telling him to do illegal things with farm animals. We'd be able to see it and take care of it ourselves. No third party accounts, no he-said/she-said. Problems get solved and questions get answered FAST because theres TG members in each squad who know the game.

Comment

True story--Tuesday night signed on to the PRM server. Joined squad 1..."Mic Check please"...no answer...."Team speak mic Check please" ...a chorus of "5 by 5's " rings out...ok...next squad..."Mic Check please"...Your good bro...comes back...okay...orders...no answer...Hello, orders please, rest of squad chimes in and says SL doesnt' have mic...okay...next squad please same deal...

few minutes later a spot opens in Emales squad and I'm in with other TG'ers. You know what...I worked all day, hard...I didn't have the drive or desire to get on TS and follow the procedure...yes I'm guilty of contributing to the mess...I'm sorry for that...

My point...and I do have one ...is that Dr. Guerra has a point. I think it's more an exception to the rule but we have work yet to do on our PRM server.

Ferris's post is an excellent Idea. I do SL occaisionally but will pick up the mantle a bit more than I have...Lets all do it.
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                    Squad lead as much as you can and spread the TG love around instead of huddling up.
                    I would do this SO much more often if I wasn't completely incompetent as a squad leader.
                    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                      I have a suggestion that will GREATLY help with this situation do illegal things with farm animals.
                      Hey,

Leave e-Goatboy outta this, I swear he wasn't even around........
                      "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                        True story--Tuesday night signed on to the PRM server. Joined squad 1..."Mic Check please"...no answer...."Team speak mic Check please" ...a chorus of "5 by 5's " rings out...ok...next squad..."Mic Check please"...Your good bro...comes back...okay...orders...no answer...Hello, orders please, rest of squad chimes in and says SL doesnt' have mic...okay...next squad please same deal...

few minutes later a spot opens in Emales squad and I'm in with other TG'ers. You know what...I worked all day, hard...I didn't have the drive or desire to get on TS and follow the procedure...yes I'm guilty of contributing to the mess...I'm sorry for that...

My point...and I do have one ...is that Dr. Guerra has a point. I think it's more an exception to the rule but we have work yet to do on our PRM server.

Ferris's post is an excellent Idea. I do SL occaisionally but will pick up the mantle a bit more than I have...Lets all do it.
                        This is exactly my experience my last few times on PR, too. Recenty I've only had time to play during late evenings when most TGers have left, and I get stuck with these types of players. I've tried squadleading, and although I suck at it, have had a limited amount of success in coordinating my squad.

Most of the time I get frustrated and check out the POE server.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

I have tried the whole 'join a different squad' thing, with people i dont no, but i even ended up geting kicked from a squad for daring to suggest that the SL should follow the CO's orders!!Wasnt happy!

As for banning players who blatently break the rules, i have saw it done 1 password night, but then i checked the forums later, the guy, who was TKing and not following orders, had complained, released a sh**storm with the admins, and i as far as im aware is no longer banned!whats the point of that?

I hate to go on and rant, but i love TG, cant rember how i coped without, its the only server i use now, and i too can see the standard falling. And i have not even been around that much,just a month or 2!!!

Comment

My problem with the whole solution is that I joined up to play *with* high-quality TGers, not to train random pubbies. I don't often get that chance, though usually one or two of us in a dysfunctional squad.
                            |TG-6th|Belhade
                            "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

In frustration, I insulted some people on my team and included one swear word, got banned, but thats already resolved now and I'm unbanned.

There was a TG admin on, and he was on of the squad leaders who assured me that they would kick him if her persisted. The guy persisted in being uncooperative and nothing happened to him. Not even an official warning.

Typically, I will never squad up, I will almost always make my own squad, because I'm too picky. I need everyone to have a mic, I need everyone to cooperate. I don't know if thats being picky, actually...

Anyways, they should have given him a !w whoever You MUST follower commander's orders. When he desisted, then a kick.

If any of you don't like squad leading, and I'm around, join my squad. I always appreciate coop VOIP members. As long as you're not a lone wolf/pilot/sniper.

Anyways, my point is, please, be more strict, warn, kick and ban more frequently. I don't like banning, and I think kicking does the trick just fine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X