Sincerely impressed with where the TG Project Reality server is going :P

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sincerely impressed with where the TG Project Reality server is going :P

Firstly... I'm getting tired of seeing "that other thread" when I enter the forums... Problem solved... spread the love people :row__572:

I think people have to remember that the TG PR server is a PUBLIC server, and in my honest opinion any TG server on any platform is amongst the best to spend your time gaming on. When the server is open for anyone to join up and play it's inevitable that there will be times when there are people on the server that show little or no maturity or respect for the other people trying to play by the rules set by Tactical Gamer. I think that the admins do a fantastic job of keeping things in check to the best of their ability, and my hat is off to all of you that volunteer to take on those roles. If you are looking for the perfect game with no infractions of the rules in sight there are tournaments out there that will fill your needs on a fully organised and team based level... But as far as PUBLIC servers go, its a massive two thumbs up from me for TG, the PR server is generally always a blast to play on, well maintained with plenty of good regular players and great games to be had.

Finestyle.
    It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
    - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Re: Sincerely impressed with where the TG Project Reality server is going :P

/golf clap

:icon14:

Comment

Originally posted by Finestyle View Post
      the admins do a fantastic job of keeping things in check to the best of their ability, and my hat is off to all of you that volunteer to take on those roles.
      The key phrase has been highlighted.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
        The key phrase has been highlighted.
        dont believe its my place to say much really. but there's always room for improvement, no matter how long you have done something.

Comment

I was agreeing, not accusing.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Yes it's an impressive server

/jumps on bandwagon

Romans 3:23

Comment

I agree with all of this. I'm trying to ignore all of the critical threads, constructive criticism is coming from the follow ups, but a lot of the OP's lack any.

Keep up the good work TG team.
              7Shades

How sweet, thought lifeless, yet with life to lie,
              And, without dying, O how sweet to die!
              - from Thomas Warton's "Ode to Sleep"

Comment

What I am really impressed with concerning the PR-server is that its more or less crowed during Euro-hours. Personally, I am in awe over the fact that I dont have to wait up until 0200h in the very early morning to catch a TG-server that is close to full. Now, I can logg on at 2000h (GMT) and almost always find a "full" TG-server. For a server located in NA, and with the ping us Euro-players get, its a pretty good grade! :)

And even though is might have the shape of a Pub, so would I say that its good for TG overall since chances are that it will attract more Euro´s to TG, which might possibly spread over to the other servers/mods.
                sigpic
                The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Yes, for anything there is always room for improvement. But I still think the PR server is not as bad off as what others may claim. Yes there are going to be new vanilla BF2 players and they need to learn. The players could be held responsible for them and not go running to the admins over every little thing that happens in the server.... TEACH THEM!! It might only be a single question that a new player may need the answer to, so that isn't taking away that much time, enough whining about that. When I first started playing I knew nothing of PR, but I asked someone and they more less walked me through a lot of it, I probably learned most of the game in no time at all cause I had someone telling what I can and can't do and how to go about doing stuff.
                  When I have had questions I asked and usually I always get someone responding and telling me the answer to the sometimes stupid question. I think to many are expecting the new PR players to know the game right off and it doesn't work that way, if they ask a question be friendly and help them out the best you can. That is not something that has to be taken to an admin, if people help the new players then they will less likely to be monkeys on the server and no need to be reporting/kicking/banning these players.
                  Also for any of the new PR players, do not be afraid or embarrassed to asked the questions. The other players will help, if you act like a monkey TK'ing and other things the admins look down upon then you will face the consequences.

Comment

Here is an idea. Let's expand the no-squad-kick to the co!
                    "Your team will be kicked if you do not have a co within xxx seconds!"

:)

Comment

Now that would create some interesting results, especially right when the server starts Password night (one CO, one SL).
                      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post

LOL Al...
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post

Awesome. Everyone please go to the realitymod forum and lobby for this.
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Indeed. No CO=chickens without heads. Now, I dont think that it should necessarily kick the whole team, but perhaps a huge increase in the ticket loss rate would be good (i.e. the normal rate is 1 per death without bleed, no CO would increase it to like 3-5 per death). I think we'd see people stepping up to CO more often.

Comment

How about the quartermaster cannot allocate special kits without a commander?

I personally would like the see the CO get "final say" over who gets the typically most fought-over kits anyway... Hvy AT, Marksman, pilot and sniper. Since they are adding LAT to the list of requested kits, this as well. Let the support, crewman, officer and AA kit's be requested and recieved in the fashion they are now.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X