Jabal Al-Burj

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jabal Al-Burj

Please, for the love of GOD...take this map out of rotation. It is a server killer.

Other than that....obvioulsy you guys are running the best PR server out there.....so much props from the =420th= to you.

Kepp it up!!!!

|
    |

Re: Jabal Al-Burj

I keep hearing about these "server-killer" maps, but never see less than a full server whilst they're on.

What specifically is wrong with it? It's a hard fight for either team if they're serious about winning. The MEC have plenty of vehicles to counter the air-mobility that the US has, the map is nice and big to allow for more tactical potential, and the only thing it really lacks is a CO, which is pretty much the case on every map.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Yeah seriously, what's wrong with the map? Don't just say take it out of the rotation. If you're going to at least say that, please make an argument for your case. Why is it a server killer? Like Root said, I've never seen the population decline significantly when Jabal comes up.

Comment

same, i rather enjoy Jabal. running or being a part of the Airforce and flying men to the battle is enjoyable. you just have to know where to land.

Comment

We have the capabilities to make some tweaks and modifications to the maps, but we need constructive feedback on what the problems are with them.
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

I think its an alright map and should be left in, but my advice for the devs is to add cover near the bridge. Aside from silhouetting yourself against the sky, there is no cover anywhere near that CP. This is probably the most contested flag, so giving it some cover will add a lot to the map.

Comment

I like the map:)
              "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

This map would be better if Bridge and Dam were on the same AAS level.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                  This map would be better if Bridge and Dam were on the same AAS level.
                  Why? If you can justify it, Asch will no doubt take a look at it. Just expressing an opinion as to what the grouping would be, but not backing it up with reason, doesn't really get anywhere.
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

My opinion is usually irrelevant, but since you asked for it:

It doesn't make any sense to take East Beach and then have to skip Bridge for Dam. If you have a ground vehicle, you'd have to pass through enemy territory to get to your objective. Now, I understand that the MEC needs to take Bridge before Dam, because it's very inconvenient to get to Dam on the ground without passing Bridge. I think it's worth it, though, until selective AAS is implemented.
                    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

My opinion is usually irrelevant
                      That's a load of crap.

It doesn't make any sense to take East Beach and then have to skip Bridge for Dam. If you have a ground vehicle, you'd have to pass through enemy territory to get to your objective. Now, I understand that the MEC needs to take Bridge before Dam, because it's very inconvenient to get to Dam on the ground without passing Bridge. I think it's worth it, though, until selective AAS is implemented.
                      I'm not sure what "selective" AAS is. I suppose it could be argued that if the US takes west beach as well as east, they can then move in to dam and bridge simultaneously.
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Personally this is my favourite map. It has all vehicles I like (can't fly jets) and huge distances to cover with those vehicles.

AASV2 also works very well in this map, offering varied and tactically interesting fights imo. The joy of getting a foothold in that city as us, or reaching the beach as mec!

I agree that bridge could use a little more cover. I like the dam flag, because you have so many attack routes. I couldn't say that this map really needs changes.

Comment

IMO its one of the best old school pr maps around....most tactical for sure...required coordination and teamowork..no teamwork..you lose...100%

(i actually think thats why some people dont like the map)

Comment

Originally posted by IronTaxi View Post
                            most tactical for sure...required coordination and teamowork..no teamwork..you lose...100%

(i actually think thats why some people dont like the map)
                            Preach, brother IronTaxi!
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
                              I'm not sure what "selective" AAS is.
                              I was in a hurry to leave my computer so I didn't bother to explain. By "Selective AAS", I refer to the idea of one team being able to capture flags in a slightly different order than the other; i.e., USMC may capture both Bridge and Dam simultaneously, but the MEC must capture Bridge and then Dam. This is an entirely ignorant opinion based on the physical layout of the map and the restrictions of the terrain; it's something I'd like to try for two rounds, just to try it out.
                              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X