This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base Raping or PsychWar/ Crippling Assets

Ok, well at the time I thought that observing and selectively crippling the enemy's assets were ok. I was camped out somewhere on the Qwai River map, overlooking Pigfarm, mainly observing enemy activity in the Pigfarm. I shot any person who entered the LittleBird transpo (as pilot) ONLY. I thought that this way I could successfully disable the LB transpo (at least temporarily) through means of breaking their willingness to pilot it, thereby somewhat crippling the enemy's air assets. I did order one of my men to move closer to the Pigfarm mainly for closer observation purposes (I do admit that he was additionally on standby to cripple armor assets, but never actually did). I was kicked because I was told that I was 'base raping' which is against TG Rules. I don't believe that I was 'base raping' because I was selectively engaging my targets (pilot in the LB)--if I wanted to 'base rape' I would have shot the many others at Pigfarm without discretion and maybe have my SM to blow up anyone he saw. Evidently I did not commit such actions, therefore I don't think I was 'base raping' but simply crippling enemy assets (particularly AIR). Otherwise I was only there for observation/ recon purposes. I apologize if I did violate TG Rules, but I've stated my reasons and intentions for being where I was and doing what I did.

|TG-Irr| smok1ngGUN
    Irr. SpecOp. Platoon

Re: Base Raping or PsychWar/ Crippling Assets

The rules seem very clear:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...uidelines.html

I don't agree with this particular rule, not in the least bit, but as a server rule it is our obligation to follow them. And as a squad leader or commander it is our responsibility to prevent or report violation.

Comment

Taken from the BF2 Rules & Guidelines thread which can be located here.

2) Players are not allowed into the enemy UCB for any reason other than for the sole purpose of destroying the enemy's assets (artillery/uav/radar). Restricted acts include:

1. Entering the UCB with the intent on killing a disoriented spawning player.
      2. Entering the UCB with the intent of stealing any vehicle.
      3. Flying over the UCB for air raids / bombing runs.
      4. Entering the UCB with the intent to lay mines / c4.

Addendum: In the project reality mod, a main (base) flag shall be considered a UCB unless the AAS Headquarters (HQ) message states to capture it.

These acts are restricted not to deny valid real-life tactics, but to ensure the quality of game play. Rule #2 must be a simple and clear rule that is easily administered and does not vary on a map-by-map basis.
      It's considered a UCB so just stay away from it all together. What you were doing was in effect preventing the use of the chopper. I do not see that in the list above for acceptable reasons for being in a UCB. Please read all rules and regulations so you will not be kicked again.

EDIT: sam_hoy beat me to it.

Comment

Its ok, twitch skills don't matter that much on TG. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker View Post
          Taken from the BF2 Rules & Guidelines thread which can be located here.

It's considered a UCB so just stay away from it all together. What you were doing was in effect preventing the use of the chopper. I do not see that in the list above for acceptable reasons for being in a UCB. Please read all rules and regulations so you will not be kicked again.

EDIT: sam_hoy beat me to it.
          Ok, again I apologize for doing what I did, but I'd just like to point out that technically I was not inside of the UCB, where the Rule 2 reads "players are not allowed into the enemy UCB", as instead I was some hundreds meters away ontop of a hill overlooking it, therefore my actions were technically not in violation of the rule. Secondly, the Rule 2 makes no mention of prohibiting the shootings of players inside the UCB from the outside, instead it makes note that air elements may not fire into the UCB). Just like to point that out....

|TG-Irr| smok1ngGUN
          Irr. SpecOp. Platoon

Comment

Your going against the spirit of the rule and we don't have a tolerance for this. The only acceptable reason for you to be in a UCB is for the destruction of Artillery. Aside from that, there is no reason to be near the UCB until the flag is in play.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Shot View Post
              Your going against the spirit of the rule and we don't have a tolerance for this. The only acceptable reason for you to be in a UCB is for the destruction of Artillery. Aside from that, there is no reason to be near the UCB until the flag is in play.

Lucky Shot
              What I meant by my saying was that maybe some adjustments should be made to the Rule in order to close gaps; e.g. instead of saying "in the UCB" say "in, near or around the UCB".

|TG-Irr| smok1ngGUN
              Irr. SpecOp. Platoon

Comment

I understand what your saying however, the chopper is attached to that main base and as such is considered to be a vehicle within the UCB. Attacking someone on the chopper pad or in the chopper before they have taken off is considered to be camping players and vehicles within the UCB.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X