"Hidden" rally points

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hidden" rally points

I've had an issue with the rally points that are placed inside of objects like hills, buildings, solid trees and so on that make finding them impossible and destroying them troublesome. As I have seen TG members freely do this when I first started I was under the impression that it was acceptable on the server yet I still felt it was a map exploit. Last night a squad I was in had one that was so obviously abusive that the opposing team needed about 20 minutes of assaulting the spawning area to destroy it, and I couldn't even tell where it was.

My question is: Since this is an issue only with PR can we get a specific ruling on this like the bag has to be 50% visible? (Sometimes you just wanna put it in a bush that doesn't protect it and can be seen clearly up close). I still am of the opinion that this is map exploiting.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Re: "Hidden" rally points

I am gonna be honest here...I tend to "hope" that my RP gets hidden inside of rocks and buildings. 90% of the time, there is enough showing to tell that something is there. The other 10% I will change my RP once its safe to do so;). But yes...I think this should be fixed ASAP.
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Rally points were not designed to be hidden within other objects. This is considered an exploit.

SLs.... please do your best to NOT have your rally points become hidden and/or untouchable by placing them within other objects.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

Hidden RPs do suck indeed.

Romans 3:23

Comment

I see it the same way. It is poor sportsmanship, imo. Play fair.

Comment

I have heard this argument before, and I feel it can be gentlemen's agreement to not try and glitch the RPs in all the time.

However it often happens by accident. Making and enforcing any rules on this will be impossible and too much work for admins.

In the end, when you see them spawn, just toss in a few grenades, problem solved. Make sure the grenade doesn't bounce back up the stairs while your whole squad is standing next to you at the door - Cor :).

Comment

Unfortunately, RPs are subject to the BF2 engine clipping logic (or lack thereof).:icon19:

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Yeah, sometimes I'm trying to hide them in a corner or something, and it doesn't show up, and I keep trying to put it down, and I get the message, "ednos, you can't put down another RP so soon after your last--moron." For some reason it had popped out behind me inside a building or something (that's my guess based on the map). The best part was, when we spawned, we'd be half stuck in the building sometimes.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

accidentally happens to me occaisionally. Not by design and I think that's the issue here. I don't think there are too many playing on the server TRYING to exploit it...I could be wrong...I'll move it when I can when it happens again.
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

The best is not being able to find your own rally point when you just spawned and can't figure out where to stand to request kits!
                    |TG-6th|Belhade
                    "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I wish it put the RP exactly in front of you instead of randomly around you - I think half the RP glitching is because it doesn't go where you expect it.

Comment

is mao valley the jungle map? i think that's the correct name.
                        north of the village, you can scale the cliff just barely enough to drop a rally in the mountain every time, and it's become a fairly well known trick to holding or capping that cp. not only is it impossible to see, but hand grenades won't knock it out, as it's up about 15 feet. the only option is to use AT on the unseen rp and hope you land on it, else the exploit will remain for the entire round. this is where'd i'd say it's abusive, where something like this is repeatable on command. if someone drops a rp on some rocks and it bugs inside, blame it on dumb luck and hope they fix it eventually. when people purposely use the bug to exploit, then it's poor game.
                        -dy.21

Comment

You can get rid of a RP by shooting at it, as well. It takes 2 or 3 clips.

Comment

I do find that this is quite a pesky problem, especially in jungle maps where the only way to clear a "hidden" spawn point is to use explosives over a small area.

Unfortunately, i dont think this will be fixed for the next patch as this requires extensive re-coding of the way the bf2 engine "clips" into things.
                            |TG-Irr|Gaze

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                              I wish it put the RP exactly in front of you instead of randomly around you - I think half the RP glitching is because it doesn't go where you expect it.
                              I definitely agree accidents happen a lot, and just redeploying when possible would be the best solution. I'm still not clear on how it decides where to drop, is it a random direction around you?
                              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X