Ranking Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranking Server

Why are there no ranking servers in PR, doesn't it support it?

Romans 3:23

Re: Ranking Server

also, what's with that auto sponsor post?

Comment

There are some ranked PR servers, but they use their own private system, I think. Anyways, I figure we don't use it at TG because it's unimportant (based on the number of kills you have, essentially; that's hardly a realistic military situation).

The sponsor post is something that goes away when you get a Supporting Membership.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
        The sponsor post is something that goes away when you get a Supporting Membership.
        Oh well then looks like Sponsor will be my friend for the long run :P

There are some ranked PR servers, but they use their own private system, I think. Anyways, I figure we don't use it at TG because it's unimportant (based on the number of kills you have, essentially; that's hardly a realistic military situation).
        Hardly realistic indeed but I do not recall anyone having to do 6 weeks of basic training to play the game either, or train as a sniper, or pilot, or mechanic... A ranking system could help a lot with who gets access to certain kits and so forth. Balance the new folks from the vets. Make it more of a realistic military setting with perks to being a good player etc...

Comment

That's not really the TG way, though, is it? Giving good players (as in, good shots) perks over others?
          "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

Originally posted by ChernobylKinsman View Post
            That's not really the TG way, though, is it? Giving good players (as in, good shots) perks over others?
            Certainly not simply because they're good, nor to the exclusion of all others. What worked in Americas Army (and would work well here) is if you had to complete training to get access to kits. That wouldn't exclude people who really get TG but don't have all day every day to spend gaining rank on the server.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Also, dont you think that ranking a server such as PR would just encourage all sorts of killwhoring? HAHA, and Roots such a bad shot he would end up losing points.....:)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                and Roots such a bad shot he would end up losing points.....:)
                Heh. I'm proud of having the worst KDR in the entire community. Even the tactical freecell players have more kills than me. :)

I'd like it if you got zero points for a kill in PR. If you hand out points for helping complete the objective (capping flags, transporting, re-supplying, healing) then you'll be rewarding the players who help their team the most.
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
                  I'd like it if you got zero points for a kill in PR. If you hand out points for helping complete the objective (capping flags, transporting, re-supplying, healing) then you'll be rewarding the players who help their team the most.
                  /agree

Comment

Heh. I'm proud of having the worst KDR in the entire community. Even the tactical freecell players have more kills than me. :)

LIES! I have you beat in crappy K:D ratio by at least 2-1.

Comment

How come my KDR doesn't smile?
                      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                        How come my KDR doesn't smile?
                        A KDR like that is nothing to smile about :O
                        sigpic
                        Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Comment

My best shooting usually involves one-shot teamkills. :(

Is there any explanation to how the PR scoring system works? I don't think I've ever actually seen it.
                          |TG-6th|Belhade
                          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                            My best shooting usually involves one-shot teamkills. :(

Is there any explanation to how the PR scoring system works? I don't think I've ever actually seen it.
                            Here you go:

Scoring from the PR Guide Wiki
                            LoyalGuard

Comment

Originally posted by loyalguard View Post

Thank you!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server