Albasrah (64p) Modifications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albasrah (64p) Modifications

Based on a review of this map and feedback from the community we've decided to make some tweaks. Please pay attention to the changes as these will have a large effect on how the map plays out.

Let's give these changes some time to sink in. Once we've had plenty of rounds to gather feedback on, we can make continued adjustments.

GROUPINGS (determines AAS order)

Group One
    Airport (USMC UCB)

Group Two
    Village (Starts neutral and can only be captured by the USMC)

Group Three
    North VCP (Starts USMC and can be captured by insurgents)
    South VCP (Starts insurgents and can be captured by USMC)
    Industry (Starts insurgents and can be captured by USMC)

Group Four
    Facility
    Mosque

Group Five
    Suburbs
    Palace
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Albasrah (64p) Modifications

Looking forward to trying these out, your work is appreciated =)

Does this mean the 32 player size of Albasrah will be off the rotation now?
    "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

That sounds awesome! Can't wait to give it a shot.

Romans 3:23

Comment

Asch:

Will the USMC be required to defend NVCP, SVCP, Industry all while trying to attack either Facility or Mosque? I would assume once either Facility or Mosque was taken the need to defend group 3 would be gone.

I'm not passing judgement or anything, just asking for some clarification please (I haven't gotten to play it yet to pass any type of judgement)

Comment

Sounds good! Can't wait to try it out!

Comment

This is cool, can't wait to try it out. A new change-up for this map is needed. I'm very curious to see how it plays out, Thanks asch!

Comment

Originally posted by ChernobylKinsman View Post
              Does this mean the 32 player size of Albasrah will be off the rotation now?
              Albasrah 32p is still in rotation. If that map needs modification, please don't hesitate to start a new thread with feedback.

Originally posted by Morganan View Post
              Will the USMC be required to defend NVCP, SVCP, Industry all while trying to attack either Facility or Mosque? I would assume once either Facility or Mosque was taken the need to defend group 3 would be gone.
              At this time, yes. The USMC will have to defend those three flags while attacking facility or mosque. However, the way the CP groupings work, once the USMC takes facility or mosque then the insurgents cannot take NVCP, SVCP, or Industry.

We may find that this setup doesn't work. We do have other options. What we need is to play-test these changes and then report back on our findings.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

"At this time, yes. The USMC will have to defend those three flags while attacking facility or mosque. However, the way the CP groupings work, once the USMC takes facility or mosque then the insurgents cannot take NVCP, SVCP, or Industry."

mmmmmmmm....that'll be very difficult. Going to be interesting to see if the US ever captures the industry or mosque considering the probs capturung those flags at the mo.

Sound kinda like a BF2 version of the AAS....I think this is going back to what the map used be like. At least before u used get to fight in the city, now it'll only be on the outskirts. the USA is going to be a bit too spread out to capture the flags.

I'd like to see that NVCP and Sth start insurgent but onece the next group ie Industry is captured those flags cant be capped again.

Will wait and see though
                Gerardnm

Comment

This sounds great...thanks for giving back South VCP to fight over.
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

It does look like usmc will roughly be finding it harder but I guess the proofs in the eating.

You have usmc spread between three points of the compass there, surrounding the enemy within.
                    Maybe it will force usmc into playing smart and attacking from every direction but it will also allow them to be divided and so more easily conquered?

On the map you have south vcp as neutral, but you say it will be insurgents to start off with..

Capturing industry early in the game will make things easier on usmc airpower

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Sound like we will be back to the original PR version, which was not working that great. But lets give it a try cant be worse.
                      |TG-Irr| Red

Comment

first round- insurgents don't get to fight in the city. it becomes a war in the sandbox, and there's just not enough cover to hide from the constant airpower and armor. i played the first 1/4 on usmc and swapped to see what the other side was like with the mods- my take was basically, unless the usmc can take south, north and industry without losing one of the above, the game won't even progress past facility or even mosque as it was before.

the tricks gonna be allowing the usmc to progress on the ground faster, without gimping the insurgents. maybe north is perma usmc, south is white (perma insurgent once capped), and village white (cappable and perma usmc). insurgents get south taking some* pressure off village. once village is capped, facility and mosque open for capture for usmc. industry and suburb are the next group or something. as long as the usmc can make reasonable progress in city, the sandbox won't be such a killing field. maybe to compensate and even the tickets some, insurgents should start with a little more than they have now. i think the key would be making facility and mosque in the same group, and not make it so difficult to get down to that group of cps for usmc.
                        -dy.21

Comment

After playing this map I would have to say dys hit the nail on the head. In that round I would say the insurgents did very little wrong, yet we still lost by about 80 tickets. Most of that can be attributed to US air power. The map basically has done a 180 degree turnaround with these changes.... Previously, air power hurt the Us as much as helped them more times then not. Now the ground forces can basically sit back and let air win the game for them.

I like the changes to the map strategically from the adjustments. It makes a ton of sense to capture the surronding area's, then go after the "city proper". The issue is air is now so incredibly tough on the insurgent's that if you try and defend industry/NVCP/SVCP you just get bombed/missled back into the stone ages and your infantry work means little. I'm not quite sure how to address this. I'm not sure if you are really breaking the stalemate, just changing where it occur's. More testing is required, but that is my initial assesment.

Comment

From those two posts, it sounds like the round played out as I thought in my mind. Those outer flags are meant to be difficult for the insurgents. They have the option of falling back into the confines of the city and possibly industry.

Am I correct in assuming the USMC won that round? Their firepower should be an advantage in the open ground.
                            |TG-12th| asch
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
                              Am I correct in assuming the USMC won that round?
                              Yes, I didn't play but I was watching the game. US won by around 80 tickets.

You could tell there was utter confusion on both sides about which flags were in play, even though the messages detailing that information were correct.

Just going to take a few days to break old habits.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X