Albasrah (64p) Modifications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Albasrah (64p) Modifications

Ive just read Santa's very helpfull explanation of the whole flags vs kdr thing and it does seem like some radical step would be needed to balance this most definetly unbalanced map.
    Ground the A10's or something similar. If you destroyed an ancient mosque with an A10 in reality wouldnt it have negative implications beyond any positive a ground capture might have? Seems justifiable to me

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Group mosque and Facility together......
      Gerardnm

Comment

Originally posted by gerardnm View Post
        Group mosque and Facility together......
        They already are. Check out the original post to see the current groupings.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
          really with the other 24/7 basrah servers, i think you guys should just take it off rotation until v0.6 public beta comes out... just an opinion... im sure nobody would mind as there is plenty of opportunities to play basrah... i dont see it 'fixable' in its current form because of factors out of SSM control (insurgents, etc)
          I disagree respectfully...There might be plenty of places to play Al Basrah but only one place to play it TG style.
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

/\ /\ /\ what he said
            sigpic
            Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Comment

And it takes a good day for it to be played TG style.
              "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

Originally posted by ChernobylKinsman View Post
                And it takes a good day for it to be played TG style.
                I'm not sure if you mean it takes a long time (which it does) or if it takes a server full of good players......I guess it's moot as both are correct, eh?
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

The latter, but yes, more often than not the US is running around like headless chickens, even with a good commander (as they don't listen/care/are busing camping the ubercool a10s) or flying around teamkilling the ones on the ground.
                  "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

Exactly what kinsman said is usually my experience of al basrah on TG

Comment

The tough part with this map is the US only really has 3 infantry squads with this setup of flag's. The air is simply to valuable now as a type of mobile defense and support for offense on those first 3 flag's to not have up in force. To cap and defend those 3 flags, leaves the US basically nothing to push onto the next set of flag's with.

Comment

Had a great experience the other day. 7shades, I think, was in the cobra sq and my sq took the facility. We were the only ones who cut loose from the North and South flags, which can often go in a seesaw campaign for alot of the map. When we arrived at the facility there were two tanks and assorted towlies running around, we called in cobra and they got the job done, we moved in and took the flag against some light resistence and then defended it for most of the map. Fending off numerous assaults from at least one squad and, at some times, 2 or 3.

This action was one of the best Albasrah's I have been involved with, played the TG way, and we did not get hammered up by our air power even once. Even though they were involved more than once they always took out a threat we had on our heals, perhaps with a casualty or two on our side but the losses were acceptible when compared with the death they reigned down from above.

The "tactic" to get this to happen was just to split my sq off and go get it, call in help when needed, then hold it. This splits the insurgents off of the relatively distant flags and allows the US to hold them easier instead of getting molested by the entire horde of insurgents running North then South again which creates the seesaw effect. It puts them onto the "hold a flag" end of the stick just like the US is and, with their easily destroyed cars as spawns, easier to push back towards the palace.

This same tactic holds true on many of the maps. If you find your team in a meat grinder or a seesaw battle then the other team is there also. The seesaw occurs when all the lil blue blobs run off towards the other flag, someone (anyone) try some defense, while the meat grinder occurs at choke points. Go around, way around, the meat grinder and get to the other flag('s) or blow their RP's and the stalemate will be relieved. Just throwing bodies at the problem doesnt fix it but it is necessary to keep the enemies attention on the area in question.

The enemy will also get "cocky" if they think they now have you bottled up. Get out of the bottle and run a sneak mission. If the enemy does not defend in depth, which frequently happens, once you get out of his line of sight you are home free. It takes time and patience and an ability to ignore going straight for the sounds of gunfire but as long as the tickets allow you have the chance of breaking their backs long enough to make it a competition again.
                        sigpic
                        Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Comment

I find this map too boring, because the ticket count is too high.
                          We all can see who gonna win, by the opening strategy.

In my opinion we could lose a 100 - 150 tickets.

Comment

Taking out bridges seems to be a good tactic for the USA to take up and puts the heli/A10 to good use without any teamkill risk. Hydras dont work, TV missile do.
                            I saw USA actually win the other day, palace was a viable target at one point:row__690:

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

its the best map there is....a good commander makes all the difference. MAybe make it so the round wont start until someone commands
                              Gerardnm

Comment

ok, i'm really tired of this map in general, but especially how it stands on tg.

just revise it to original format, and put facility in the group as mosque. give that a try, and lets see the city again, im tired of sand.
                                -dy.21

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X