( Suggestion ) Automated kicking for support members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ( Suggestion ) Automated kicking for support members

This is just a small request for the script that automatically kicks users to make room for a supporting member.

( 1 ) Don't kick squad leaders:
    -- This is a real pain when you are a squad leader and got everything going good for your squad and next thing you know you get kicked. If you are lucky enough to get back into the server, usually its almost impossible to get back into the same squad and become the squad leader again. This makes for a hard time for you as a squad leader and for your squad if the new SL doesn't have it together.

( 2 ) Don't kick high scores:
    -- Pretty self explanatory, I can't even remember how many times I've had over 300 points in a round and helping my team out then get kicked. Have it so that it kicks based on (kill/death) ratios. So someone who has (4/12) should be kicked before someone who has (15/12) also this would prevent people that just joined in to the game from being kicked (2/1).

( 3 ) Voting system:
    -- Maybe when a supporting member is joining have a vote pop-up with a list of possible players to kick (lowest 5, or 10 team scores or kills). Then let the players currently in the server choose. This would be one of the fairest options as then even if someone has a low score but is doing good things for their team they won't get booted.

Thats all,

-DrSaveYourAss
    -DrSaveYourAss

"Yeah, I'm a Doctor thats saves your ass. Yell Doctor, Doc, Medic, Save, or hell just lay there and wait a few seconds, I'll be there."

Re: ( Suggestion ) Automated kicking for support members

Welcome to the forums DrSaveYourAss. I understand its frustrating to be kicked as a SL or to have your SL kicked for another supporting member. The script kicks the person who has been on the server the longest. Luckyshot summarized the reason very well.

People with lower scores are going to be the ones who have been on the server the shortest. Our goal is to allow as many people as possible to experience a good amount of time on the server, so I can't forsee lowest score going becoming the preferred method. The Squad Leader position can not be a shield to hide from the Supporting Member kick or we will have 9 squads every time. Fewer squads with more people are a lot more effective than 9 squads of 1 or 2. If you agree that TG is the place to play (I thought it was when I started) then give up a pizza a month ($8), or know that you will be removed for supporting members and enjoy the time you do get in the server.

Lucky Shot
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...rver-read.html

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

I wanna know where LS buys his pizza, cause around here it's at least 9.99 for a large pizza, and thats when theres a special going on. I usually run anywhere between 15-20 bucks on pizza orders.

That aside, I've said it 20 times in 20 different ways. Nobody expects you to become a supporting member. Nobody thinks less of you if you're not one. Each member of this community, from the member with one post on the forums way up to Apophis (think of him as the God that the entirety of TG worships), is equally valued.

But if you can contribute, do so! Lucky Shot is right in his meaning. 8 bucks a month isnt that big of a deal. It's one less trip to mcdonalds. It's one less sixer of beer. It's one more night you get to spend playing video games versus going to a movie. Lots of people have legitimate reasons that they cant contribute. If you have a reason, nobody will say anything to you. But if you can afford it, I recommend that you do.

For those people that dont know, none of the Supporting Member money gets pocketed. Theres nobody here who's bank account gets fat each month from our donated cash. All of the money that supporting memberships bring in goes right back into the community. All of the fantastic servers that TG runs, the forums we all enjoy, the teamspeak server so we can all make fun of each other sounding like 12 year olds...oh, wait, thats just me that sounds that way. You get the point. Without the SM's, TG would be a fraction of what it is now.

Plus you get benefits out the wazoo! The ability to join In-House Squads, reserved slots on every server, private servers just for SM's, email, web space, all kinds of stuff! Plus, if you play NS and you're a supporting member, Wyzcrak sends you a pot pie! I still havent got mine and neither has anyone else, but they've been promised. :D

We all play here because we love it. We come back day after day and it never gets old. TG is just one of those excruciatingly rare places on the internet that feels like home. The door is always open, you'll always have friends here, and theres always a good time to be had. It's like a really good bar...with video games, more alcohol and no wet tee shirt contest. (Actually we did try it once, but when people caught sight of Root in the buff, they got scared.)

If nothing else, that alone is worth my money each month. Dont make the decision right away necessarily. But if you're not convinced after a week that you're either gonna become a SM right now or as soon as you can afford to, well, I think you catch my drift.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
        We come back day after day and it never gets old. TG is just one of those excruciatingly rare places on the internet that feels like home. .
        I know what you mean...even when I was in the Desert. All we had was Dial-up that we could only 30 min a week. I spent 3 min alone just waiting for the TG page to load up and 2 min after that looking through the forums. I definatly consider you guys my friends and sometimes family:)

Now that we got all that "gushy" stuff out of the way.

I agree with the first suggestion. SL's should not be kicked just because it screws up the team "flow". However, whoever has the higher score should NOT be a factor because that is not what TG is about. Its about having fun and playing the way the game is meant to be played...TEAMWORK. Scores really dont mean squat here...just winning as a TEAM does.

Being a SM has privilages. This being one of many, and quite frankly, I would rather have someone who contributes to the community than someone who is a "score monkey". I am not saying that you are:)
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Cool, I didn't catch that the reasoning behind the kicks was for longest play-time. That makes sense however it still sucks when you are leading a really good squad and get dropped. Although I've been kicked many times, so being that I was that player out of 62 that had been there the longest time I guess its time to pay up :)

So I guess thats one less bowl of Sesame Chicken for me a month, no biggie. I just hope to see the Tactical Gamer community expand, and I really hope that the Project Reality server will be filled up for a long time to come so then I can get someone kicked off and they register :P

-DrSaveYourAss
          -DrSaveYourAss

"Yeah, I'm a Doctor thats saves your ass. Yell Doctor, Doc, Medic, Save, or hell just lay there and wait a few seconds, I'll be there."

Comment

Good deal and thanks for the support, DSYA!

Two quick things to get you started:

1) How to enter your PID so you can claim your reserved slot on the PRM server

2) Now that you are an SM, you are still held accountable for following our rules and guidelines, all located here.

You may get an automatic slot on the server by being a supporting member, but you may still be kicked/banned if you're found in violation of our rules.

So take your time, look around and say hello in the new supporting members thread!!

Comment

Originally posted by DrSaveYourAss View Post

( 2 ) Don't kick high scores:
              -- Pretty self explanatory, I can't even remember how many times I've had over 300 points in a round and helping my team out then get kicked. Have it so that it kicks based on (kill/death) ratios. So someone who has (4/12) should be kicked before someone who has (15/12) also this would prevent people that just joined in to the game from being kicked (2/1).
              Hey Root, don't give up you supporting member status :).
              Drsave, your a very nice player to team up with, but let me respectfully say that is one of the worst proposals I ever heard in this forum. It's tacticalgamer, not 1337gamer.com :).

Comment

I'd have to agree with Al. I cant count how many times i've joined a game toward the very end and been on the receiving end being camped down on one flag. 2 minutes and 5 deaths later, I get my first kill because it's the first time i've spawned and not been insta-killed. If I were a non-SM and got the boot for that, i'd be relatively steamed.

Comment

High score doesn't always mean that the person is camping however. If you are actively sticking with a squad and moving from point to point you should get a high score very quickly. Also my suggestion was based on k/d ratios not score overall, as usually people maintaining a good k/d ratio are doing the team good since they are removing enemy tickets but at the same time a medic or other support based class should be getting tons of teamwork points as well so by helping out the team as a whole they are going to have higher scores.

Also I can see where being kicked for having died multiple times and then only getting a kill or two could be a pain, but I was mainly suggesting all these points as to mess with the flow of the game as little as possible. If you just joined and are getting rocked because you have no good spawn point you aren't doing your team as much good as the squad leader that is able to spawn and help out his team. So it affects the team a little more when he gets booted and then that squad ends up loosing their rally, and gets a squad leader that doesn't set another can be disastrous.

Anyways it doesn't matter much now, I won't be the one being kicked :)
                  -DrSaveYourAss

Comment

Geez. I swear this same thread gets posted about once a month somewhere. And it's always the same points being made by the original poster. Points don't matter here at TG and if you think it does, no matter what your reasons, then this isn't the place for you. Kicks are automatic and time based, period. Been like that for years and it works just fine and fair. I always find it amusing for some newcomer to have this as one of their first posts as if no one has ever broached this particular topic. I wonder if anyone has ever done a search for this topic first before they posted.
                    -33rd- BaneII
                    Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                      Hey Root, don't give up you supporting member status :).
                      I extend my best wishes to your APC. <loads RPG> :icon26:
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
                        I extend my best wishes to your APC. <loads RPG> :icon26:
                        Not Betsy.....NOT DEAR OL' BETSY!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Comment

I don't have a solution for the script kick, however I do have a capable, low ping (usually unoccupied) 64 man midwestern server to offer as a hold over. I don't want to ruffle any feathers here, so I won't pump the name, but if you TG guys would like to hook it up as a staging area, send me a PM and we'll work it out.

I am sure that I'm not the only person that has sat in the server browser bumping back and fourth between, devils brigade/devfile and TG wating to see that 61/64 so I can join. I have experienced my fair share of crashes in TG that I am sure are in some way related to all of us in the waiting area pounding the server with ping requests/slot updates. This is highly annoying for obvious reasons.

If we can make use of assets I have at my disposal, I'd be happy to accomadate where I can.

TY that is all.

Comment

As long as we don't have more than 62 supporting members that play PR I'm happy :P

Seriously though, I put in for a year and I've no regrets. The money I spent for a year of TG fun is far better than one night at a bar --- money goes alot faster when you're drunk and the girl next to you is braless.
                            |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                            That noob who crashed the chopper.
                            That noob who ran over the mine.
                            That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                            That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
                              money goes alot faster when you're drunk and the girl next to you is braless.
                              Especially when his name is bob.
                              sigpic
                              Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse