Scripts or?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scripts or?

I know you all have seen it a thousand or more times, you round a corner, the guy rolls to the ground and in the middle of the roll shoots 1 time and kills you.

What is this? A script? A program?

I'm sick of it. I can't jump out of a car and shoot, I can't be sprinting and shoot, why can someone roll on the ground and shoot me at the same time?

Taking into consideration that you CAN physically roll and shoot, your accuracy would be so far off you would be lucky to hit anything, let alone 1 shot kill someone. Same can be said for sprinting.

Can this be fixed? Maybe a delay in the time between going prone and shooting?

Romans 3:23

Re: Scripts or?

It's the good old BF2 animation thing.. while you are watching them roll they have been prone since the start of the animation.

It sucks that they can insta prone and have perfect accuracy for a headshot, but I'm not sure there is anything that can be done about it. They fixed it in 2142 (to an extent) by messing up your accuracy big time if you go standing to prone, but that doesn't really help us much.
    "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

Ok that makes sense (the animation part) but why add the animation at all?

The worst, I mean the one that REALLY ticks me off is when someone does it with a heavy machine gun, whose accuracy *should* be crap unless in a fixed position. Falling to the ground is not fixed :P

Comment

Originally posted by H_nd_of_God View Post
        The worst, I mean the one that REALLY ticks me off is when someone does it with a heavy machine gun, whose accuracy *should* be crap unless in a fixed position. Falling to the ground is not fixed :P
        Unless someone is carrying around a .50 cal machine gun, there are no heavy machine guns. Squad support weapons are in the light to medium class. Heavy machine guns usually have a crew.
        -33rd- BaneII
        Smokers & Jokers

Comment

One-shot kills are not really that unusual; I get a lot of them. An enemy might come up on you and you fire off a full clip in panic but the first round or two is often fatal. I've shot people out of passing helos with one shot only; unfortunately it usually tends to be friendlies overhead that startle me.

I can pick people off fairly accurately with a SAW; you need a quick finger to get one shot off on the auto-only fire. The individual shots are quite powerful but they are not that accurate - when you keep the trigger down. The first bullet is usually right on the mark.
          |TG-6th|Belhade
          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by BaneII View Post
            Unless someone is carrying around a .50 cal machine gun, there are no heavy machine guns. Squad support weapons are in the light to medium class. Heavy machine guns usually have a crew.
            Support Weapons are the heavy hitters on the battlefield.

Machine Guns take longer to "sight in" due to the heavier weight. This means that it is considerably harder to engage in close quarter battle efficiently.
            I can pick people off fairly accurately with a SAW; you need a quick finger to get one shot off on the auto-only fire. The individual shots are quite powerful but they are not that accurate - when you keep the trigger down. The first bullet is usually right on the mark.
            But the first shot after dropping prone should not be dead on, with any weapon.

I found my answer, thanks to google.

LINK REMOVED tells of many macros which to me look like cheats, including dropping prone and shooting in 1 button click and recoil script. It also looks to be undetectable by PM since it does not change any BF2 files.

What is TG's official thought on using this? Is this considered cheating? After reading around, it explains a lot of things I have seen in game. (Not just PR).
            Last edited by Tempus; 04-27-2007, 09:24 AM.

Comment

But the first shot after dropping prone should not be dead on, with any weapon.

I found my answer, thanks to google.

LINK REMOVED tells of many macros which to me look like cheats, including dropping prone and shooting in 1 button click and recoil script. It also looks to be undetectable by PM since it does not change any BF2 files.

What is TG's official thought on using this? Is this considered cheating? After reading around, it explains a lot of things I have seen in game. (Not just PR).

IMO, they are cheats, however, there is little anyone can do. For every anti cheat program there is a 15yr who is at home working on a way around it. Unfortunately its a part of every game. Now in the greater scheme of things, I would rather go up against those script rewriters than a shot bot. At least the scripts give me a fighting chance.
              Last edited by Tempus; 04-27-2007, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I would suggest that we not post links to these types of things.
                Retired 6th DB

Comment

We discourage any kind of artificial enhancements, even though they may not be outright cheats. If you play on our server, we will value your teamwork far more than your skill.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                    If you play on our server, we will value your teamwork far more than your skill.
                    And thank god for that.......... Especially in my case :(
                    sigpic
                    Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Comment

Practice my man, practice. It's easy to rack up lot's of kills in these games without using any fancy tricks. Patience is the #1 asset to getting kills. Most people get too inpatient and rush ahead and get killed. Same with avoiding kills. Lay low and take it slow. The animation thing is easy to overcome and while you don't realize it, you do it too all the time every time you move lateral and change stance. The person who is doing it doesn't see it so they can't do anything about it. Don't get frustrated that some people may be cheating. Take a deep breath and hunt them.
                      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Nowadays game mice come with controls such as one-click three round fire. Gaming competition is fierce so the hardware is becoming more versatile and programmable. Still, proper use of tactics will see you through even against such competition. Also like Khan said, practice. That rolling animation is just a distraction. You get good enough and you'll gun them down whether they are rolling or bunnyhopping.

But really, do not get bogged down with the little details of the game. The BF2 engine is not for simulation gaming, it's for arcadey gaming no matter how much it's modded. If you can't overcome that fact, then you evidently aren't gonna be happy playing. Learn the quirks of the game and adapt. If not, there are other more realistic games like Red Orchestra, Armed Assualt, etc.
                        -33rd- BaneII
                        Smokers & Jokers

Comment

I know you all have seen it a thousand or more times, you round a corner, the guy rolls to the ground and in the middle of the roll shoots 1 time and kills you.

What is this? A script? A program?

I'm sick of it. I can't jump out of a car and shoot, I can't be sprinting and shoot, why can someone roll on the ground and shoot me at the same time?

Taking into consideration that you CAN physically roll and shoot, your accuracy would be so far off you would be lucky to hit anything, let alone 1 shot kill someone. Same can be said for sprinting.

Can this be fixed? Maybe a delay in the time between going prone and shooting?
                          i doubt that of the thousands of times you've seen this, that any remarkable percentage were caused by scripts. it's the result of standard fps strategy: basic strafe in corner or cirlce strafe, combined with prone (in place of bunny hop)= barrel roll.

i think that the fact that the fastest way to go from standing is to crouch off prone, and that there's a moment delay between firing as you stand reflects realism well. in the same way i think that dropping to prone and firing a round off instantly reflects realism. pushing yourself up doesn't allow for easily discharging your weapon, but falling in the dirt flat on your chest is standard military training. - legs apart damnit, feet flat! weld your damn cheek, constant pressure, slow trigger pull and let it surpirse you! aw damnit son, take it out of safety for christ sake. focus on the sights, not the target. let it fill the sights. all of that's engrained, and hopefuly becomes muscle memory. it really is an instant reaction.

i'll concede though- barrel roll+ no spinning sight is silly. firing instant off prone is practical though.
                          -dy.21

Comment

Taking two hits, insta proning and headshotting at close range isn't what I'd call realistic though.
                            "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X