This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilots...

Is there a way that you can allow only one squad to pilot jets/choppers? Every time i get into a pilot squad, there are always new players or stubborn players in a random squad who steal the jets/choppers and don't know how to use them and crash them/do stupid things with them.
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Re: Pilots...

This is a problem with all of the games that involve vehicles. I've found that in any of them, regardless of whether or not you make a "pilot" squad or an "apc" squad or any other squad indicating a special designation for a vehicle, other people (INCLUDING other TG members, which peeves me to no end) will always do one of three things:
    1.)Steal the vehicles.
    2.)Get in them and refuse to get out.
    3.)Say that you're breaking the rules by laying claim to the vehicles.

It's something you cant get around.

Comment

Another good reason why playing PR can be a painful experience. I don't mind taking turns, but having some nob snake the jet/chopper only to crash into the control tower for a 10 minute wait between flights (if you died and burned and next have to wait for Snake Adam's smoldering wreck to respawn) is most frustrating.

But on topic, I was told that unless the CO specifically requests a dedicated air squad, there’s no rule against other people in other squads flying off with assets.
      sigpic

Comment

In general it seems those who know TG will leave assets to the named squads, the problem is that if theres something sitting around and the named squad doesnt take it, why shouldn't they use it when there's no commander saying otherwise. Also, how does naming a squad 'pilots' give you any more right to take a jet or chopper? Having a ground squad with a chopper in it can be far better than a separate trasport squad when theres no commander to relay coms. Also, some people load maps far slower than others. They'll never get the assets they'd like if the named squad seizes it.

I think it hinges on having a commander to distribute the asset, or good SL's that organize amongst themselves.

I love atk choppers, I usually make an ATKCHPR squad on maps that have it. That said, the squad fills up to 6 people in a second -- am I any more entitled to use that chopper than any of the other five? Usually I announced a race for the chopper within the squad. If i get it, i chose my gunner. Then I offer a second set of gunner/pilot a chance to fly when we go down -- at that point I lock and boot to four men, if the second set accepts the offer (otherwise I boot to two, me and my gunner) No need to keep people out of a grond pounding squad with an SL in the sky. Even with all that, if someone from another squad gets to the chopper before I do, I can't really complain unless the CO had designated the asset for my sqd.
        |TG|Switch

Better known as:
        That noob who crashed the chopper.
        That noob who ran over the mine.
        That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
        That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

It doesn't really bother me all that much when someone gets the heli before me. For one, I still suck at flying, so I opt not to fly on a multiplay server, so I generally let anyone who is waiting for the heli, have it. Secondly, more often than not, they will be better pilots than I, and I'd much rather be gunner. I am, however, practicing on on local server.

However, the one thing I absolutely cannot stand is when one of your teammates starts shooting at you because you are standing at the helicopter spawn. I'll usually let them go with a "hey, watch your fire", but after that, I'm more inclined to have them perma-banned from the server. Under no circumstances should you start shooting at a teammate because he could potentially steal your vehicle.
          umm... hello?

Comment

The other thing is when someone decides that the vehicle should have been theirs right after you get in it, so they blast it with something, which has about a 50% chance of killing you and anyone else in it.

Comment

I have seen a lot of times these locked squads that are supposed to be an all transport squad with LB and BH help out just ONE squad or not even fool with transporting nobody at all. Leaving all the others to run or wait for a vehicle to spawn. No matter how many times you ask for a pick up or type in that squad so&so needs transport to such&such place they just keep doing their own thing. To me those are the ones that make my blood boil and have no use even being on the team if they have no intentions of helping out EVERY squad. Leave the heli's alone if that is your intentions, so the team can have some sort of fast transport vehicle.
              Giving permission and locking for only one squad would be ok if they did their job but how often does that happen? That is the reason a lot outside the transport squad end up taking off with the heli's.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                I have seen a lot of times these locked squads that are supposed to be an all transport squad with LB and BH help out just ONE squad or not even fool with transporting nobody at all. Leaving all the others to run or wait for a vehicle to spawn. No matter how many times you ask for a pick up or type in that squad so&so needs transport to such&such place they just keep doing their own thing. To me those are the ones that make my blood boil and have no use even being on the team if they have no intentions of helping out EVERY squad. Leave the heli's alone if that is your intentions, so the team can have some sort of fast transport vehicle.
                Giving permission and locking for only one squad would be ok if they did their job but how often does that happen? That is the reason a lot outside the transport squad end up taking off with the heli's.
                I can see your frustration. BUt understand there IS a larger battlefield with multiple squads requesting pickup at different times than you might see or notice. With some maps only having 2 transport birds that's ALOT of ferrying the transport guys have to do. It's a FULL time job.

So, if you are in need of pickup....request it. Usually if the 160th is on, we will notice the pickup request and respond either in coming to get you and your squad or will respond to wait 1 because of prior arrangements.

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

I have, for the most part, had nothing but great experiences with getting pick ups when needed. Destinations can be daunting at times but not so much lately. People are starting to come around to the AAS play alot more and doin the right things. It has been quite some time, actually, since I got transported to an uncappable. The more common occurence is that the poor booger who picks me up gets rocketed just as we are about to bail out in our new pos. Then has to apologize to a bunch of dead guys in the hopes that some newb wont punish him.
                  sigpic
                  Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Comment

Originally posted by TG_JBRanger View Post
                    Usually if the 160th is on, we will notice the pickup request and respond either in coming to get you and your squad or will respond to wait 1 because of prior arrangements.
                    That's if we even get a look in at the helos. I'm all for sharing but I find it ironic that TG's only dedicated PR helo squad almost never gets the birds. We need a rule about speciality squads. I've never seen a CO give orders about vehicle assignments, so it's pubbie smacktard heaven.
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I got banned from this server for this very reason. I was in a sqaud with my friend and we were gonna rush to the cobra, but there was a sqaud called Cobra sqaud who claimed they had the rights to it. I mean sure if u guys are having like a real tactical game, but this was just a public match and they felt they had the rights to it. They werent even apart of TG. So me and my friend rush too it my friend gets lit up by one of them. I get pissed off and light the guy up who shot my friend. Then his friend shoots my chopper with a tank. His friend then responds by waiting for me to spawn and hover over me with a little bird threatening to shoot me if i take the cobra again. So i get in an AA gun cause i was sick of his crap and shot him down. I have lowest score because i had 2ks and maybe one accidental, someone who wasnt involved just caught caught in the pissed off cross fire of my chopper, and BOOM im banned for life

Comment

Every game is a real tactical game. Hence, tactical gamers.

Comment

It would appear then that the lengthy spawn times tend to preclude sportsmanlike conduct among the piloting community. Asshattery at the launch pads was bad in vBF2 when spawn times were under 2 minutes. 5+ minutes is hell.
                          sigpic

Comment

Intentional TKing for assests is deserving of a ban in my opinion, it's impossible to not know you are doing wrong.
                            "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

Real tactical game means things like tournaments or clan matches. Unfortunately public matches will never be that organized because different people don't know eachother, but when you are ignorant enough to think you have the right to a chopper over different people in a public match and go as far as making a sqaud for chopper pilots only and locking it when only two people are in the sqaud. Then by all means keep me banned.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X