Some advanced questions for the advanced players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advanced questions for the advanced players

I have many question that I would like answered. Most of them will be answered easily and I will do my best to organize them so they can be easily answered.

Also, I think some of these questions when answered will be a nice addition to that other thread that is basically a PR database/FAQ.

Damage done to infantry/vehicles

1. In BF2, any weapon that had a damage of over 34 killed in one shot to the head, since that hitbox mulitplied the damage by three and it totaled over 100. How does PR's damage system work in relation to this? Does every weapon have over 34 damage? Does any rifle bullet/pistol bullet/a single buckshot hit/ NOT kill u in one headshot

2. Are any damage charts available ? Something like this wiki.bf2s.com/weapons/comparison ?

3. Do stinger missles take down cobras/blackhawks/aircraft in one hit, assuming its full health? If not how much %damage does it do, to each vehicle of course.

4. In what ways does heavy armor protect you more (33% less damage or something?)

5. Why do feel like a god when I have the m14?

Map Questions

6. In Al Basrah, where are the locations of the pickup SVD's and PKM's? (map coordinate would be nice) Also, how are the pickup kits affected by map size
    if you're insurgent?

I have a bunch more but I'll post them later, need sleep.

BTW nice forum and the TG server kicks some serious ass.
    Last edited by SPAZ_ninja; 04-30-2007, 04:06 AM.

Re: Some advanced questions for the advanced players

Where did you find an M14?
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
      Where did you find an M14?
      mmm, cant remember what map it was, but i was on the US side, and i picked up a marksman kit and it said its primary weapon was an M14.
      "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Doesn't the U.S. Side "Designated Marksman" carry the M14?
        LoyalGuard

Comment

Originally posted by loyalguard View Post
          Doesn't the U.S. Side "Designated Marksman" carry the M14?
          Yes...beautiful kit. Highly accurate and powerful. The Original Poster must've picked it up from a dead soldier or happened to request it when it was available. It's a limited kit...only so many available, depending on the numbers of players in the map.
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Sorry, I was reading Wikipedia and disregarded the fact that we're playing as the Marines. The M14 would be the Designated Marksman's rifle, not the M21. Soulja, where did you find the kit information in-game?
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
              Soulja, where did you find the kit information in-game?
              I didnt, I requested a marksman kit, and when scrolling up to switch to my rifle, it said the rifles name was a M14.
              "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

I should use the scroll wheel more so I know what I'm using.
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

When I scroll though my weapons it should list out as follows;
                  1. Spork
                  2. pillow
                  3. feather
                  etc. etc. etc.
                  sigpic
                  Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Comment

Yeah, the marksman kit I have always gotten on some maps(haven't paid close attention on all maps to see if it was the same) was an M14. Definitely far better than the sniper as far as accuraccy and power IMO.

64 player map of Al Basrah playing as Insurgent only 2 places I know of to get the sniper rifle(SVD) and the PKM. One is the Industry the 2 doors to the west that lead to the little bunker where an SA-7 infantry AA can be picked up and the ammunition dump. The other place is at the main base next to the water fountain for the PKM and SVD, the SA-7 is inside the buiding just to the north from the fountain and I believe it is the second floor.
                    Playing as USMC I only know where the M95 is located, it is in the north bunker from where the vehicles spawn, at the airport.

Comment

There is also a PKM and SVD at the facility, east of the cap zone, under the little "lean-to"

Comment

That's right, I forgot abouth that one. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Morganan View Post
                          There is also a PKM and SVD at the facility, east of the cap zone, under the little "lean-to"
                          I love getting either one of those guns.

3. Do stinger missles take down cobras/blackhawks/aircraft in one hit, assuming its full health? If not how much %damage does it do, to each vehicle of course.
                          I would like to know the answer to this as well.

Romans 3:23

Comment

I wish I knew about the PKM and SVD earlier :(
                            Skud

Comment

The marksman kit is less accurate than the sniper kit in my experience. The extra zoom with the scope helps.
                              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X