Joining A Squad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining A Squad

When entering some games, you are supposed to join a squad or get kicked within a minute or so. Are you supposed to wait to be invited, or is there a way to simply jmp into one as soon as you enter the game? Want to know before I try it. Thanks.

Re: Joining A Squad

Just jump in. If you haven't played on the TG server before try to get in a squad led by someone with the "TG" tag. Don't be afraid to ask question from anyone with the tag either.

Don't be put off if you see some locked squads either. They are usually dedicated to theings like helicopters so that we don't get 6 pilots on a map that only needs 2. Occasionaly one of the in-house squads will lock their squad if they are practicing. Don't take it as an nisult if you can't get in one of those.

Read over the Server Rules, SOP's, and primer. They will help you understand how we do things.
    Retired 6th DB

Comment

Welcome pooch!

Yeah, don't be afraid to find someone with a TG tag and say hello. Let them know you're knew and ask questions.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

Most of the squads will be unlocked unless they're dedicated to an asset or specialitylike 'tank crew' or 'mine ops' something like that. Otherwise you'll only see locks when an SL is trying to get the same guys he had the previous round.
        |TG|Switch

Better known as:
        That noob who crashed the chopper.
        That noob who ran over the mine.
        That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
        That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but when I am SL, you better hav e some sort of mic or just plain acknowledge me when I call you. I kicked about 5 people today just for the simple fact that they didnt use any comms whatsoever. But, if you type it I allow that as well. I am what you might call a "micromanager". I got to know what is happening all the time.

Also, I will kick if they done listen...for example

"I need pvt. snuffy to become a medic please"

"But I am uber1337 with a sniper kit"

"thats nice, but I need a medic NOW"

Private snuffy runs off without any orders and does his own thing, meanwhile I get shot and no medic near me. I get angry and kick.

This should not stop you joining my squad...actually I prefer to get new guys. I can mold them MY WAY;)
          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
            ...I can mold them MY WAY;)
            THIS is what should stop you from joining his squad. Dirty boy.
            | | |

Comment

Yeah, public service announcement: join Dirtboy's squad (usually called "Bloodfarts" or something equally offensive) AT YOUR OWN RISK. TG is not responsible for any mental injuries you sustain.
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

If you enjoy long stretches of boredom punctuated by extreme activity join my squad. If we take something I usually try and keep it. This leads to alot of stumbling around looking at the same landscape waiting for action to come to us (normally it doesn't take long for that action to arrive). I try not to name my squad the same twice and I think it is holding up.

Pick yer own kit is my motto BUT if you go sniper/marksman you are expected to pull your own weight with the squad. No draggin yer arse to a hill 10 miles away and waiting for targets to come to you. You will have plenty or targets in my perimeter. Whatever you may choose you can do, essentially, what you want until a move order is given (verbally or on the hud) like Dirtboy said - Direction given, take that direction. IF there is a valid reason you are not (IE bringing a tank up to support us) alls good, IF you are going off to freelance another flag................. These boots weren't made for walking.
                sigpic
                Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Comment

The best SL are the ones that hand out orders like the narration to a hollywood war movie and even sound the part! :row__577:

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                    Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but when I am SL, you better hav e some sort of mic or just plain acknowledge me when I call you.
                    Indeed. Just hitting PgUp to acknowledge an instruction if fine. It means the SL doesn't have to worry about if you're listening.

Originally posted by Mentally_unstable_tigger
                    The best SL are the ones that hand out orders like the narration to a hollywood war movie and even sound the part!
                    Dang! I knew I left something out of the definition of a type C squad leader. :)
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Welcome pooch!
                      join and enjoy the TG way ! Dont be affrait to ask if there ar questions!
                      -----------------------------------
                      Husaren Regiment No.17
                      " Braunschweig "

Peninsula
                      "Quatre Bras"
                      Waterloo

"Immota Fides"
                      "Nec aspera Terrent"
                      "Nunquam retrorsum"

Comment

Okay, guys, thanks. I'm gonna go jump in, and see what happens. Looking forward to fighting and dying with you guys!

Comment

If you join Roots squad, expect a LOT of dieing......;)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                            If you join Roots squad, expect a LOT of dieing......;)
                            We should be fine now you'll be off in a 1st squad. :)
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

"We should be fine now you'll be off in a 1st squad."

LMAO :D
                              {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X