Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you get revived, chances are you should move!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you get revived, chances are you should move!

When you get revived you should probably move out of the line of fire instead of laying right where you got killed.

Also you should cover the medic who just risked his own life to save yours.

It is frustrating when you revive somebody that moves around like he does not know where he is.

When you get killed any medic that is paying attention to his squad will see the red circle on his mini map so just relax and he will get there.

No need to ridicule the man who has just revived you the last five times over VOIP.

Which bring up another point. Let me know how much time you have. Squad communication is incorporated in Project Reality for a reason.

And don't get upset when I revive you without a heal right. Chances are I am either trying to revive other squad members or more importantly the Squad Leader. In my book the Squad Leader is the main priority so that other squad members can spawn and provide support.

I for one am not really worried about killing 30 people a round as I am keeping squad members alive so that we can get the task at hand accomplished.

Re: When you get revived, chances are you should move!

When you get revived you should probably move out of the line of fire instead of laying right where you got killed.
    This has been talked about before, but...

Chances are that the player being revived is rather disorientated and do need a few seconds to get those things sorted out. Also, after being revieved, there is no way that the player immediately can tell if he is still in the line of fire. If the medic is there to revive him, could that not be interpreted as a small sign that the player does not have to move away right away.

I hear what you are saying, but I have seen far to many times seen revived players immediately getting up to move to an other position, only to get shot again.
    sigpic
    The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

If they're in your own squad, just tell them over voip that you're coming to revive them and immediately retreat to cover so that they can be healed up. Throw smoke if it's available as well.

Comment

Or the ever wonderful 5-4-3-2-ZAP back to BOOM nade goes off both dead and the long count starts all over. There are plenty of times I am quite pleased to be revived (the one guy between my sq and the base pinged off a lucky shot before getting slaughtered himself). Other times......... I have also risen to give covering fire and the medics body or parts thereof are still partially in front of me. This = dead medic who just save my butt and me apologizing forever. And the ever fun question of where'd he go. He zapped me and moved out so quick I have to look around for him.

If I am not under cover when dead, by whatever means, don't revive me in the middle of a firefight. Because, as Steiner said, Shot again is the most common occurrence. Many a times I am telling whomever has selected a medic kit (much to my dismay) DO NOT RESUSITATE should be tattoed on my chest. 9x's out of 10 I am on the double yellow line and they are running into the line of fire. GUN FIRST - Zap me later if my fly ridden corpse is still on the ground.
        sigpic
        Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Comment

I agree with the OP, the recent dead act like dummies too often. Retreating is often the best idea but they wait around like you are handing out room service when most times you are both under fire and theres nothing he can do to change that.

On the other hand, medics need to use smoke more often or otherwise use or provide some sort of cover before reviving ie. kill before unkilling :p

Parking a vehicle in front of bodies can help, also good for resupply of charges, field dressings & smoke. Thats another quick help, smoke from a tank or apc - its hardly ever used!! :/

Its extremely rare for people safe in vehicles to actually engage the brain and consider how they can help ground troops around them, besides shooting things. Thats the proof of a good team imo, doing that little extra unasked also known as initiative

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I'm not going to say too much because this subject seems to come around every few weeks or so... but what I will say is this...

SMOKE... It's just as an important part of the process as the revive and heal itself... if you ain't smoking out as a medic then you ain't doing your job properly. squads in PR should be working with good cohesion to be successful, with not too great of distance between members, and with the long countdown timer in PR there should be plenty of time for you to get to your fallen teammate and for smoke to disperse before you go in with the shockers. You will often hear me ask for the 5 or 10 second mark so I know exactly how long I can wait. SMOKE IS A NECESSITY!

SL's... If you are leading you squad from the front, then IMO, you are letting your squad down. As a SL, you are the medics first priority, if you get shot down at the front of your squad, chances are you are going to die, possibly taking the medic with you and then having to spawn back at your RP or worse, the main... meaning you start your assault all over again... If this is the way things just went down, then its the SL who is at blame for being up front when he should be to the rear, and you have just let your squad down. "Don't revive me" are not the words a medic wants to hear from his SL, you are the linchpin of your squad and you need to be alive... If this is happening fairly often, then you should really give some thought about your approach to SL-ing with regard to the location and positioning of yourself and your squad members.

But please remember... don't get mad at a medic who got you up for you to be shot again... the learning curve is steep and long, situations change and sometimes luck just isn't on your side... it's a horrible feeling when you have smoked out, got the revive, and hear the sound of a nade landing next to you... at least the medic was trying to do his job. Be thankful of that.
            It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
            - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Thanks for letting me know that it has been posted before. Sarcasm is not necessary, I was just merely making a suggestion that I felt would make things run more smoothly.

If it was posted in the past then it seems that not a lot of people have read the post. I know that because this even goes on during password nights.

Sabre Tooth Tigger I agree with you concerning smoke and I try to use it as much as possible.

Jmaker I totally agree with you and if you talk to anyone I play with they will tell you that I also let people know the status of the situation. However I was not totally directing what I was saying towards just squad members but also towards other squads that you cannot communicate with

For instance on Kyong Ni when there are two squads sitting on the Bridge taking the flag and you revive outside your own squad. There is a bit of a communication barrier there.

Also there is a way that squad members can tell that they are still in the line of fire and I believe it is called VOIP. "Keep your gun out...they are still north of our position." and then the person you revive looks directly south at you and tells you how appreciative he is that you revived him and the people north take you out.

Comment

Someone mentioned before how if they're not in your own squad and you revive them, immediately issue the 'Follow Me' commo rose command, so that they should follow you back to cover in order to be healed. I know in the heat of the battle it might be difficult to distinguish that the medic who just revived you is alerting you to follow him, but it seems to be the best solution available.

Comment

never thought of that thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodewarrior View Post
                    Thanks for letting me know that it has been posted before. Sarcasm is not necessary, I was just merely making a suggestion that I felt would make things run more smoothly.
                    I'm not sure if this was aimed at my first line or not... but if it was, sarcasm was definatly not intended, it was mearly a statement, no hard feelings, these forums are the place where you should air your thoughts. All input is welcome.
                    It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."

Comment

I dont even need to say anything to this point, seeing as anyone who has ever been revived by me has heard me yell "MOVE" to them as soon as they were up. I dont make any bones about the fact that i'm not staying in the open once i've revived you.

EDIT: In response, yes Jmaker, i've definitely defib'd an enemy to death. First time I ever did it, I was trying to revive my SL and some crafty guy thought he could crawl up and knife me. He crawled right in front of my paddles as I fired them and then proceeded to call me a hacker. I laughed, revived my SL and went back about my business.
                      Last edited by Ferris Bueller; 05-05-2007, 06:33 PM.

Comment

First, to all medics, taking out the risk before reviving someone really helps the chance of yours and the people you are reviving. I know a lot of times it can not be done but I personally I do not want to be brought back to life 5 times just cause the same person is killing me because no one is taking care of the threat. I would rather die and spawn back than give the enemy another kill that would also cause tickets to drop from bleed.
                        Now to all the people that get shot, I think it is our responsibility to ask the medic to revive ONLY if it is safe to do so, do not yell or jump onto the medics if they are at risk or see that it would be useless to bring back a person only to get them killed again...and again. Think about the teams BLEED factor, are you being constantly revived and shot again causing your teams tickets to drop from bleed? If so you are not helping them but a liability.
                        I do make some exceptions to these ideas though, such as reviving a SL when you know they do not yet have a RP down, so as more squad members will be able to spawn on this person, as a medic I would run into the line of fire and take the hits just to keep them alive. To keep an enemy from ending up with one of our teams specialty weapons is another good cause to revive or if that person is already killed then try to get the weapon.

Comment

that was not directed towards you at all my man.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodewarrior View Post
                            that was not directed towards you at all my man.

Awesome job earlier tonight on Sunset city, you are defintely an excellent medic.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                              .... I would rather die and spawn back than give the enemy another kill that would also cause tickets to drop from bleed.....

Think about the teams BLEED factor, are you being constantly revived and shot again causing your teams tickets to drop from bleed? If so you are not helping them but a liability.
                              I am finding it difficult to make sense of what you are saying here... But from what I can make out you have been somewhat misinformed about how tickets are lost in BF2 or any of its mods...

If you are bleeding tickets, then the only way to stop that is by holding the required amount of CP's to do so. The only other way to loose tickets is when you DIE... not when you get shot or are critically wounded.... not when you re spawn.... when the "You have been killed" timer reaches zero, your team looses a ticket regardless of weather you spawn or not.

So if you are being constantly revived and shot again you are not costing your team anything... but I do agree that if its not safe don't go for it, if the medic dies after reviving you 20 times under fire and you being shot again, then the team looses two tickets instead of one when both you and the medic die. There are a lot of people that dont seem to understand how ticket loss works... I've been in lots of squads where at the end of rounds people are screaming "Don't spawn" thinking that by not doing so its somehow stopping the ticket loss... Or indeed, I have revived people two or three times in a row, and they think that I have just cost the team a few tickets. Its just not the case... if a medic revives you, he is saving the team from loosing a ticket regardless of how many times he does it. Like I said, the only negative is that if you both end up dieing you loose 2 tickets instead of 1. That and the fact that if you have just watched the timer tick down for a while you now have to watch it count down again before you re spawn, but thats another issue.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X