noob

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob

Hello guys i am a total noob with project reality. I watched training videos a number of them but PR seems fun. Bad thing is the first actual map playing i go in and shoot my own squad mate. I am used to playing 2142 and this is much different to me. Seems the visuals at little range the over head names go away so i thought it was an enemy(My bad).... My bf2 name is slippin. I guess what i am saying is i know you guys dont like noobs in PR but everyone had to be a noob sometime i just hope that patience is a virtue. I play much better in 2142 but i like the concept and ideas with PR with fire teams and coordination etc.. Hm i guess i need to watch all the google videos a few more times..

Re: noob

welcome to PR. yes mistakes can happen as far as you learn from it!
    just join a squad and follow orders, ask lots of questions.
    try to work with your squad. ask what kit they need. it is important to use voip, especially if you are new in this game.
    though i've seen lots of experiance and good players that they don't use voip. fasilas this is you buddy. lol
    he just listen and he is responding through text. still i know he has my back.!
    try to squad with me if you want i play late hours. or if you want more consistency try to join any member with the TG tag.
    have fun and see you out there.

Comment

Faiden (slippin),
      Just read the server rules the TG primer and you will be ok. Yes we were all new at one point. If you make a grave mistake, like shooting Root, just make sure you say sorry. Learn from your mistakes and remember to play as a team. Try to squad up with anyone with a TG tag in game, I am sure they will be happy to show you the ropes. After you play a few rounds and get the hang of it, you will no longer be new!
      Last edited by Bc2ID; 05-06-2007, 06:37 AM. Reason: Grammah
      "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

I can only support what has previously been mentioned in this thread. Learn from your mistakes; try to listen and observe - and within shortly will you be an asset.

I myself came from PoE into PR, and did in the first couple of rounds find it rather difficult, so I returned to PoE for a while before giving PR an other try. But when you have played for a little while, things and aspects of PR will come naturally.

TK´s do happen, especially in stressed out situations. Just be sure to apologize and learn from it, and you will be ok.

As also previously mentioned, join a squad consisting of TG-members or a squad lead by one. You will learn much quicker, and probably also have a blast in the process.
        sigpic
        The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

The trick is shooting any name that looks like 'santa'
          Doesnt matter if its blue or red.

Also, you lose points and your team loses tickets if you shoot any name that ends with 'CWswitch'. Again, doesnt matter, blue or red.

Other than that, pay attention to your mini map. You'll get used to the skins in a few weeks and that'll make discerning the enemy far easier.

Read Sig and you'll know noobs are ok (noobs that don't follow orders are not ok though!!!)

Please don't learn to fly choppers on a full server. Takes a little finess, learning curve is strange, each chopper flys differently.

Welcome to the fray.
          |TG|Switch

Better known as:
          That noob who crashed the chopper.
          That noob who ran over the mine.
          That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
          That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by Bc2ID View Post
            Faiden (slippin),
            Just read the server rules the TG primer and you will be ok. Yes we were all new at one point. If you make a grave mistake, like shooting Root, just make sure you say sorry. Learn from your mistakes and remember to play as a team. Try to squad up with anyone with a TG tag in game, I am sure they will be happy to show you the ropes. After you play a few rounds and get the hang of it, you will no longer be new!
            Don't confuse him. That does not qualify as a mistake. Use a better example :D

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Better example = DON'T JOIN THE BOOBERSQUAD. :(
              sigpic
              Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement