Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you like to see in v0.6?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What would you like to see in v0.6?

    To my surprise no one already tallied a wish list for the next instalment of PR.

    So here is my wish:

    A new airborne class (parachute, weapons, etc.) on specific maps (some type of recon/behind enemy lines (low tickets for 1 team and high for the other) or objectif capture map) :row__578:

    Cheers,
    Nix


  • #2
    Re: What would you like to see in v0.6?

    I'd definatley like to see mortars! Allthough we have a kind of mortar (Grenadier).
    I know this request is impossible, but every building is destroyable ;P


    /Crawl
    ​​​​​​​

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What would you like to see in v0.6?

      Well, there's talk of a set of buildings called "Explodistan" that they'll be using heavily in 0.6 maps.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What would you like to see in v0.6?

        Originally posted by ednos View Post
        Well, there's talk of a set of buildings called "Explodistan" that they'll be using heavily in 0.6 maps.

        Lets hope that all the computers can handle it ;)
        ​​​​​​​

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What would you like to see in v0.6?

          Originally posted by Crawlingeye View Post
          I'd definatley like to see mortars! Allthough we have a kind of mortar (Grenadier).
          I know this request is impossible, but every building is destroyable ;P


          /Crawl
          Mortars are far from impossible to implement... in fact, I play in a European tournament held by EBC at http://www.battlefield-command.com , it's not a PR tourney, but we have them implemented into the mini-mod that we use as a deployable weapon in one of the kits. We also have the TOS-1 and MRLS rocket systems like the one in your sig which appear on the bigger maps we will be playing this campaign :D
          It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

          sigpic

          "It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
          - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What would you like to see in v0.6?

            I got thinking about the parachute class idea and i think it would be awesome. Imagine a commander dropping a supply crate and a group of paratroopers could use it as a "drop point" (spawn beacon of sorts that would require parachuting in). Yeah, you might get picked off in the air if the enemy happened to be watching, but imagine being able to use that for rooftop insertions and such!

            Granted this might not be possible, but it'd certainly be a cool addition.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What would you like to see in v0.6?

              Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
              I got thinking about the parachute class idea and i think it would be awesome. Imagine a commander dropping a supply crate and a group of paratroopers could use it as a "drop point" (spawn beacon of sorts that would require parachuting in). Yeah, you might get picked off in the air if the enemy happened to be watching, but imagine being able to use that for rooftop insertions and such!

              Granted this might not be possible, but it'd certainly be a cool addition.
              well, parachute spawn points appeared in Special Forces (Warlord I think?, the one with the two flags inside the mansion) and PR has shown the ability to have deployable spawn points in the form of RP's... So who knows, maybe it would be possible.
              It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

              sigpic

              "It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
              - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What would you like to see in v0.6?

                What I would like to see is the implementation of 'laser pointers' (perhaps fpr the Spec-ops class) which they can use to paint targets on the ground for the aircrafts. It could work it two ways:

                1) Just informing aircrafts were an airstrike is requested / needed.
                2) Working as in RL that the target is painted and a guided bomb/missile is released from the aircraft and hit the target if the airplane is within a certain range of the target.

                I believe that it could increase the coordination between infantry and aircrafts.
                sigpic
                The Royal Lifeguards

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What would you like to see in v0.6?

                  Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                  it'd certainly be a cool addition.
                  Consider the potential of night maps!
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What would you like to see in v0.6?

                    Its always bugged me in BF that the mini-map is so crappy and low-res and also the fact that there are only 3 zoom levels. I'm not sure if it is possible for PR but it would be cool if the mini-map could be a higher-res and show more details of the terrain and structures so you can actually tell where you are at.

                    Also it would be nice if there were incremental zoom in levels much like google maps instead of just the standard 3. These could be easily implemented with steps using the (+) or (-) keys, or heck the mouse wheel would be even better.

                    maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=iraq&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=33.26750 6,44.230088&spn=0.00566,0.011673&z=17

                    Anyways thats my 2 cents.
                    -DrSaveYourAss

                    "Yeah, I'm a Doctor thats saves your ass. Yell Doctor, Doc, Medic, Save, or hell just lay there and wait a few seconds, I'll be there."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What would you like to see in v0.6?

                      Strange that first google map example ended up being the wrong location...

                      maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=iraq&ie=UTF8&t=k&om=1&ll=33.26932 7,44.229793&spn=0.00283,0.005836&z=18

                      Ahh crap for some reason it won't stay at the location I bookmarked, anyways it was an airport in Iraq just showing a lot of good detail, something you would expect if you were in the army these days.
                      -DrSaveYourAss

                      "Yeah, I'm a Doctor thats saves your ass. Yell Doctor, Doc, Medic, Save, or hell just lay there and wait a few seconds, I'll be there."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What would you like to see in v0.6?

                        Originally posted by Steiner View Post
                        What I would like to see is the implementation of 'laser pointers' (perhaps fpr the Spec-ops class) which they can use to paint targets on the ground for the aircrafts. It could work it two ways:

                        1) Just informing aircrafts were an airstrike is requested / needed.
                        2) Working as in RL that the target is painted and a guided bomb/missile is released from the aircraft and hit the target if the airplane is within a certain range of the target.

                        I believe that it could increase the coordination between infantry and aircrafts.
                        this is currently a work in progress scheduled for Future releases i believe, and it won't be for Specops, but the Squad leader. i saw a video of this modder who made a AI controlled airstrike happen with it, he points at his target left clicks to designate it with the soflam, and around 40 seconds later you see the airplanes fly really fast overhead and drop bombs on the target, only issue is the target can't move because the strike comes in like arty, they can move and it will be useless.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What would you like to see in v0.6?

                          I imagine that this request has been voiced many times, but am a believer that more voicings can't hurt: I'd like to see squad leaders explode instantly, and suffer 60-second respawn times, when they try to place a rally point in a wall, or in a building, or in the ground, or in... etc etc. Along with this goes the placing of RP's OUT of bounds: explode and punish the SL.

                          I figure this should be correctable, right (since grenades bounce off walls and rest on ground, for instance)?

                          While laser pointers and paratrooper beacons would be sweet, eliminating the hidden RP issue would be the top on my wishlist.

                          -Phorcast

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What would you like to see in v0.6?

                            Make the pace of the game faster. Lengthy spawn times suck.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What would you like to see in v0.6?

                              Originally posted by Braidedheadman View Post
                              Make the pace of the game faster. Lengthy spawn times suck.
                              POE2, Vanilla......everyone other mod?
                              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

                              XBL GT: Khan58

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X