Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last nite on TG there was a huge mismatch in teams.....all nite one team was constantle getting pushed back to its main....is there any way to overcome this by balancing....ie changing the top 1-5 and bottom players from each round
    Gerardnm

Re: 8.05.07

"Life is like a box of choc-o-lates, you never know what your gonna get until you pull the pin out of the chocolate bomb"
    sigpic
    Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Comment

Make sure people find out by doing a couple of texts to ALL, if you have some TG players on the other side they most likely will help out to even things out if not this round then the next. I have seen times where the team with most TG players is the team that is getting hammered, in that case they diserve it :)

Note to TG: We need to be vigilant about inbalances. I know its more fun to play in on specific squads and/or sides, but we need to keep in mind the experience for everybody as that this is a TG server. Teamplay first....
      |TG-Irr| Red

Comment

I must admit though the squads on the winning side were brilliant....on jabal we were Mec and we'd 2 squads go straight to the first 2 flags whist the rest bypassed, as soon as the copper spawned and we'd bridge and dam west beach was taken..... i thought that there was a clan on the server using TS to soordinate. BTW there was no commander most of the round. was one of the most co ordinated I ve seen (and this lasted for 4-5 maps)
        Gerardnm

Comment

Sometimes you just have to appreciate a good butt-kickin' for what it's worth...and try and learn from it. I would gladly soak up 5 games of getting worked by another team-notebook open-taking mental notes of what they were doing so successfully. Knowing that it just might come in handy in that tournament match when some team like [HOT] has my squad capped out and facing a tournament elimination.
          Even in a losing game you can still have fun...and you can still have a good score, you just have to adjust your strategy. You might have to resort to more guerilla-type tactics out of your main base, use armor, organize your squad better, or even take command to change the pace, but there is usually a way to keep your K : D up and still make the most of a losing situation. You might also remember the names of the opposing team top scorers and find them in the future and see if you have what it takes to run 5 teams off of 5 maps with them.

We all play for different reasons...most to have fun, some to get better, and a few to win every map we play. For the posts like these that remind us that most players are in fact here to have a good time...I would make a note in support of the minority like myself that plays to win every game regardless of which team I end up on...and WITHOUT trying to start any flame-war...would say to the guys that won 5 games...good job, it's a rare and wonderful streak to witness...and say to the losers...it's just a game...keep practicing...and hope for a little luck finding yourself on a "dream team" some day in the future.

There are enough good players frequenting this server that neither team should need any auto-balancing, and as rare as situations like this seem to occur...I vote let them go, it's good for all of us.
          |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Originally posted by gerardnm View Post
            Last nite on TG there was a huge mismatch in teams.....all nite one team was constantle getting pushed back to its main....is there any way to overcome this by balancing....ie changing the top 1-5 and bottom players from each round
            Imbalances will happen from time to time. It's not always easy to pin down the cause, be it one team consistently having a CO... to the factions a team may be "stuck" with.... to better SLs.... etc.

We do ask that players try to be aware of continued domination by one side and take action to help balance the teams.

One option is to try and contact an admin. Sometimes we might be able to help balance the server, but it's not always a guarantee with these types of situations.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

I'm surprised a map change leading to half the server switching to the "good guys" didn't rebalance things.
              "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X