When I punish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I punish

Guys I rarely punish for a TK unless totally necessary. ie if i get shot from distance then fine or if a nade blows and i run into it fine. LAst nite i felt i had to though, I was on the Brit team and 0-5 (0 kills and 5 deaths).

Managed to kill my 1st Chinese when a Brit spec ops ran around the corner and at point blank emptied into me.

He'd a TG on his name so i realised it wasn't some noob so i punished.

Was i right or what re u r thoughts?
    Gerardnm

Re: When I punish

My first thought is that you surprised that player coming around the corner. Given that all of us players tend to get into hectic and confused situations from time to time, and do perhaps not have 100% focus on the minimap, so do situations like that happen. Not that I was there or anything, but isnīt there a chance that you scared him and in that split-second he had time to react on - he believed that you were a Chinese and unloaded.

I mean, chances that someone would on purpose unload an entire clip into someone on the same team arenīt really that high in my opinion. Especially if he carried a TG-tag.
    sigpic
    The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

I don't see why anyone punishes unless it's absolutely clear that they did it on purpose. Was it absolutely clear? Presumably not if you've created this thread. If there's even doubt that it was accidental, give the person the benefit of the doubt. Don't punish.

Comment

Gotta agree with ya both on the above. An intentional TK is rare, had a guy in my squad the other day who came over and knifed me, he is no longer around I believe (thanks admin). The only time I punish is if someone walks into a crowd and pulls the trigger, or something of the like, where you can truly tell it was intentional. Been killed by friendlies MANY times and rarely do I punish unless it is a clear cut situation (A10 strafes a flag full of blue dots - that guy needs it, but if I am the lone blue dot - I let it slide as I am usually surrounded by red ones).

Allot of ppl, in a case like noted, instantly push the punish. Take a look at your own play, has this ever happened with you on the trigger end in the middle of a firefight? Bad guys everywhere you look you get frazzled HOLY WHAT THE - ANOTHER ONE.
        sigpic
        Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Comment

im guilty of an A10 TK :S but it was at a loner flag filled with enemy and 1 blue dot. i got punished :(, at least for my punish he got blown up with a 30mm shell, Right right? :row__530:

Comment

Wrong...100% wrong...As a TG supporting member you should never punish for an accidental TK. Lead by example my man...lead by example.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by gerardnm View Post

Absolutely not. If it wasn't intentional then don't punish, period. It doesn't matter how bad a round you've been having. This especially applies to people that punish when you get killed by a stray cobra cannon round.

Comment

I have only punished twice that I can remember. Once was for an A10 pilot who TKed me 7 times and would not respond to messages to be careful. The other was some smacktard on the carrier deck who though it would be fun to walk up to me and shoot me in the face.

I've made accidental team kills like the one you punished for. You see an enemy duck behind a building rush him and shoot only to find a friendly standing over a fresh kill. I can't count the number of times I have been killed by an enemy because I hesitated to shoot because I was unsure of his identity.

Comment

I generally live by the rule of "everyone gets one"....If they do it more than that, use your discression to figure if was accident or not, and punish accordingly. What annoys me is when you are for example, trying to take out a rally with grenades, and someone WALKS UP to it, and gets blown away and then punishes.....but such is life i guess!

Comment

Im getting annoyed by the fact that people dont bother to say sorry for TKs. When under fire sure no time, being shot at, but there have been alot of noobish tks where the guy who shot me just keeps on walking. I've not punished because of server rules about being 'intentional' but i think im going to start. Too many pubbies on the server, they need to learn to pay attention.
                    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                    That noob who crashed the chopper.
                    That noob who ran over the mine.
                    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

I would not have punished him. He might have seen a red dot on his radar and turned that corner expecting to see the guy you just killed. It was an accidental close quarters firefight TK. The TG would have told me that the guy expects a standard of himself, so if there was any doubt that it had not been a mistake, the TG would have given the benefit of the doubt. I have never been intentionally TK'd in PR that I am aware of. I have punished once or twice, but only because I pressed page down by accident instead of page up. Accidents happen in aggressive play. I thought I had my sights on a very distant enemy, and I hit Q to spot him and confirm identification. The radio said "enemy troops" at that exact moment, and on my radar a red dot appeared in that vicinity. I fired on what I thought was a confirmed enemy, and felt horrible for killing a team member.(sorry again ante, if you read this). It was not necessary for him to punish me, I felt bad enough and I had learned a lesson. Oh, I agree that if one does Tk, always apologize sincerely. I'd suggest giving the player long enough to get to safety, and realize what he had done.

Comment

Originally posted by gerardnm View Post
                        Guys I rarely punish for a TK unless totally necessary. ie if i get shot from distance then fine or if a nade blows and i run into it fine. LAst nite i felt i had to though, I was on the Brit team and 0-5 (0 kills and 5 deaths).

Managed to kill my 1st Chinese when a Brit spec ops ran around the corner and at point blank emptied into me.

to be honest, and this is just my approach, i will punish you if you do not apologise for the TK, i will generally forgive if its as you say long range, or nades etc etc, but i also EXPECT an apology, especially when it only takes 2 seconds on the command page to say "sorry Chap", etc etc.... but when its TG, i think you can rest assured it was an accident, still wait for the sorry to come, because noone likes an arrogant player...

what you did was fine, nothing wrong with that its part of the game and people need to play as they would in real life and try not to gun down their teammates... saying that, we all know it happens in real life... so just wait for the sorry would be my advice, i have yet to meet any vindictive players from the TG server out to just gun down their own team. with the competition that there is to even get a slot (for non SM's) most people are just happy to be gamming on the server and they are not riffraff looking to be idiots.

hope that helps some.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Personally, I'm a chronic forgiver. What does punishing do, anyhow?

-Phorcast

Comment

Gives someone considerably more negative points.

Comment

Theres an easier solution. Never punish anyone except through appropriate channels. If someone is intentionally TKing, you think punishing them by hitting your page down key is gonna stop them or even make them mad? No. Instead, report the player for intentional TKing and if it continues, contact an admin for further assistance.

Punishing ingame does absolutely nothing except lower someone's score. Personally, I could care less about my score since my job as a medic is to keep people alive, not rack up points. Sure, its nice to see that I had the most revives/heals or the highest medic score after the round is over, but I never check the scoreboard ingame to see how many freaking points i have. Theres no promotions here, no unlocks, no rewards for score, so why in the world would punishing someone make any kind of difference? It wont, so you might as well not even bother.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X