What to do with Al Basrah (64p)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with Al Basrah (64p)

We've had the modified version of Al Basrah (64p) on the server for a good test run. Please respond to the poll.

The poll will close in seven days at which we'll evaluate how we move forward. The admin team will weight the poll in their decision.
    Keep the current version (see link in thread)
    30.61%
    Revert back to the original
    8.16%
    Try something new
    40.82%
    I'm not a fan of this map in any form
    20.41%

The poll is expired.

|TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: What to do with Al Basrah (64p)

my vote is remove it until v0.6 comes out, as it will play MUCH better than, right now IMO its unplayable and basically attracts smacktards from far and wide

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
      my vote is remove it until v0.6 comes out, as it will play MUCH better than, right now IMO its unplayable and basically attracts smacktards from far and wide
      the trick is getting a server full of TG guys and playing it the RIGHT way ;)

Comment

I like the map.

Now before you say anything, I dont fly. Ever period.

The new version has some strong points although it has some flaws that make it hard to win as USMC, and take some of the fun out of it.

As is now USMC is far to dependant on air power. With North, South and Inds all cappable at the same time it spreds the US side out to far to venture out into the city (I see as the best part of the map). The key to winning as US seems to be take all three flags with atleast 200 tickets left and defend while letting A-10s and Cobras destroy everything that moves. The insur team has no abilty to counter the air assult as is and will bleed tickets like its going out of style.

My thought would be to revert back to North and south being uncapable and leave Inds as is. This bring the fight back into the city and gives the Ins team a chance to strike back at Fac and Mosque. Binging Residental into the same gouping as Inds might keep the USMC team spread out and make the round more CO heavy (best option).

In the end any way the map is set up its still great. There is really someting for every one. So please dont remove it al togther.
        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

i think the simplest change that'd help the map play out well would be to revert to the original format, and include mosque with the facility group. no matter the circumstances, as it used to stand, facility would always be a stalemate, and once captured, the game would rarely progress past mosque. even with this change though, it'll still be a tough fight on the ground for the usmc, but atleast it'll open a bit more in the city, and keep the airpower dominance in check a little bit. that's what i'm thinking anyways.
          -dy.21

Comment

everytime i try to play al basrah as USMC, my squad inevitably ends up being rushed by special ops insurgents, who usually end up destroying us eventually through overwhelming numbers, although our team usually ends up winning cause the insurgents throw their lives away, its not enjoyable, its annoying as hell.

of course playing in armor/air is sort of fun on albasrah in a stupid kind of way cause its basically a turkey shoot, the insurgents are like fearless bunny rabbits, jumping all over the place and dying every few seconds...

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
              According to the changelog for 0.6 the new Basrah will see the US replaced by the UK. This is great for realism but it will turn what's currently the best PR map into one of the worst.

I say we leave it on and let those of us who enjoy it keep playing. It's not like we have empty slots when the map is on. It has huge potential and I for one hope it comes back with a different name and lacking the A10s in a later version.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

What will make it worse with UK rather than US, in your opinion? As far as I know it removes the a-10s but keeps the cobras (correct me on this if wrong) and there are uk equivs of all the vehicles aside from tanks that'll be in 0.6. Is it the fact the UK rifles are much better than the US and thus they'll have a firepower advantage?

Or is it that the UK models look pretty crap? =)
                "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

why the hate on the UK forces root??

you have not seen the other changes either.... you think Basrah plays well in 0.5?? Id like to know what times your playing on, to me its just one big spam fest, and Yes, thats during Prime Time (Friday and Saturday) on TG server.

Aircraft whoring on USMC and zerg-rushing on insurgents.... yea, what great fun ;)

I do agree though, conceptually basrah is one of the best maps, but the gameplay IMO is hardly worthwhile currently... not to say I havnt played a good round of basrah before, but it really doesnt flow well even with good players on both sides...

Comment

It's not hate so much as dislike. The UK has crap weapons and crap vehicles. Maybe it's because I was raised on a steady diet of hollywood movies, but if I had to go to war, I'd rather be an American. The merlin is absolutely no subsitute for a black hawk, the UK doesn't have AH / MH-6s and it also lacks humvees and M16s. These are the kit that make PR / BF2 enjoyable for me.

Personally I'd be happy for every PR map to be US vs whomever and for the admins to get rid of the annoying team-switch at the end of each round.

Maybe 0.7 will see more US maps and more extraction maps. We can only hope.
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

basrah is already the worst map in the mod (thats what i think)
                      sigpic

Comment

voted. I like this map but the A-10's (IF USED THE RIGHT WAY) really make it hard on the insurgents. Maybe some aircraft for the insurgents might make it a little more fair.

P.S. I understand that Insurgents don't really have aircraft but it would be great for the game

Comment

So noone else has Ideas to make it better?

Saying it sucks is not the best use of this thread.

Also my new thought would be to make Vilage and Indus capable at the same time and able to be recaped untill the US has either Fac or Mosque.
                          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

But the m16s are rubbish compared to the sa80s..

In fact they are pretty much the worst rifle in the game.
                            "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
                              the trick is getting a server full of TG guys and playing it the RIGHT way ;)
                              I second that!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X