Any Interested in Trying this Out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Interested in Trying this Out?

I posted a while back something about a tactical set for snipers to follow, link. I never actually got to try it out since nobody communicated his/ her interest with me. I'm posting this up just to see for a second time if anyone is interested in trying out the sniper tactics. Thx.

|TG-Irr| smok1ngGUN
    Irr. SpecOp. Platoon

Re: Any Interested in Trying this Out?

Ask BLKOPS Supercracker next time you see him in game. There is not a better sniper in the TG regulars list. Im sure he'd be more than willing to give it ago.
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I am always interested in trying new tactics and furthering knowledge and skill in the battlefield as a Recon member/Sniper. Count me in whenever.
      "One Shot, One Kill"
      "Never run from a sniper. You will only die tired."

Comment

One thing I have found in recon in response to your post is that I understand besides lessening the forces before they reach the front lines we are used as spotters. However spotting capabilities can be minimal on the minimap because BF2 just doesnt recognize it. (ex. Spotting a tank 500+ meters out on Ejod, I can see it all day long, try and spot it, but it just wont spot....)

That is one thing I wish they would fix, because I see 2/3x the targets I can get actual spots on.
        "One Shot, One Kill"

Comment

It does spot, you just dont see it on your mini-map due to size restrictions. When I drive/gun a tank or an attack chopper, I keep my map open, I have the transparency adjusted so the only thing I see from it on my screen are flags and friendlys/enemies. I find in either armor or air that makes things incredibly easier anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Morganan View Post
            It does spot, you just dont see it on your mini-map due to size restrictions. When I drive/gun a tank or an attack chopper, I keep my map open, I have the transparency adjusted so the only thing I see from it on my screen are flags and friendlys/enemies. I find in either armor or air that makes things incredibly easier anyway.
            No it doesnt. I understand the mini-map zoom etc, and minimap size. When sniping my minimap is on full expand. But I can tell when I get a "live" spot on a target because it wil say "Enemy armor/tank spotted" or "Enemy Infantry spotted".

Verses spotting a question mark 500+ meters out and it telling me and the team "Enemy Spotted". Of course I can spot the tank manually by selecting tank on the pull down. However if that tank makes a move like they do in combat the spot won't move with the armor. So again at like 500+ meters with the sniper rifle on second zoom or the binocs you cant get a spot on them. You cant even see them as targets on the first zoom. That is what I am talking about.

Not getting a spot that isnt on my minimap. If I am getting a spot on my minimap, then that target is too damn close to me.
            "One Shot, One Kill"

Comment

Oh, I understand. These are just networking glitches in the game code, your spot gets lost just like letters get lost when you type due to how they impliment their netcode.

Comment

Originally posted by Morganan View Post
                Oh, I understand. These are just networking glitches in the game code, your spot gets lost just like letters get lost when you type due to how they impliment their netcode.
                Thats above my head, but I understand what your saying I think. Its just a PITA when I am trying to recon for my squad when I cant put a good spot on a moving high priority target
                "One Shot, One Kill"

Comment

I know what you mean Cracker, and you are spot on... (pardon the pun)

The only 2 reasons I can see behind the way the spotting works (and you have to consider the limited zoom levels of vBF2 weapons compared to that of mods) is so you dont spot targets further out than a target you are trying to spot if you were roughly on the same elevation and targets were within the "spot" commo rose. Or, even more likely, to limit the use of spot spamming for people with low zoom level weapons in an open area, thus not allowing them to spot distant snipers etc that they cant actually see.

But yeah, I agree, I wish it would be possible to spot long distance targets also.
                  It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                  - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Ever notice how when you type a message correctly, like "enemy in the busted out house" to another squad, the message might come out, "eney in the buted out hous"? That's the networking code they use, most games have the entire message get sent to the server when the player hit's the enter key so either the entire message gets missed, or none of it does. EA's Genius method is to send each keypress from your keyboard to the server, and the server sends it back to you so you see what the server records. That's why when you type out a message, sometimes letters will be missing you just know you typed.

Comment

True... but this does not apply to the complete inability to spot enemy targets once they are beyond a certain range... which the extra magnification of some of PR's weapons allow us to see. Meaning it doesn't matter how many times you try to spot it... It wont spot until it is in range to be spotted. I experienced the exact same problem on Ejod just last night. If the reason you gave was the reason why you cant spot at distance, then in theory, if you tried enough times you would eventually get the spot on the target... but you don't, ever, untill you move closer together.
                      It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                      - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

That's due to engine limitations. You can't spot anything beyond what the game determines is your visual distance based on your viewdistance settings. That's why I am really curious how the dev team deals with this while extending the view distances for the larger maps. The game doesn't care if you have binoc's, it doesn't think you can see it, so it wont spot it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X