practice flying?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• practice flying?

i really would like to improve my flying skills but i cant figure out a way to practice in PR

any opinions?

thanks

-Mav
    lTG-6thlMavrok

Re: practice flying?

From http://guide.realitymod.com/index.ph...a_Local_Server on the Project Reality wiki:

In order to fly a chopper or a plane you need a pilot kit. Follow these directions to be able to get this kit on a local server.

1. Start your local server and open the console (~).
    2. Enter the following: sv.numPlayersNeededToStart 1
    3. Hit "Enter". Game should now start with a 90 second wait time.
    4. Create a squad.
    5. Request the pilot kit near your main flag.

Comment

I can't remember where it was posted but there's a pilot training map somewhere that has all aircraft for both sides. Other than that, Gulf of Oman probably has most of the aircraft types available.
      |TG-6th|Belhade
      "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I'm pretty that that "pilot's" map was bugged to hell, IIRC.

JeonJiHyeon's was the best recommendation for me...
        7Shades

How sweet, thought lifeless, yet with life to lie,
        And, without dying, O how sweet to die!
        - from Thomas Warton's "Ode to Sleep"

Comment

There have been reports in the PR forum about bugs with the practice map, though they don't seem to affect everyone. Definitely start on a local server until you get the hang of it. That way Sam Hoy will never play on the TG server again. :)
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Its a pity we dont have oman wac on the server list, I like that one.

Often on a map with a carrier you will find half way or three quarters of the way through the game that the carrier has spare helis on board because most of the team is fighting inland.
            It would do no harm to practise in those cases imo. It also happens with the blackhawk on al basrah sometimes.

The blackhawk has rotors made from chocolate but it is the easiest to take off without crashing while most prefer the littlebird overall because it is responsive.

To practise, take baby steps. Take off and advance forward 6 feet, hover and land (just exit if its being a pain). Increase the distance, etc eventually your'll improve

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

i cant seem to request kits in my local servers
              lTG-6thlMavrok

Comment

Are you creating a squad once the game starts?
                | | |

Comment

Do us a favor and don't practice on the public TG server. There was, at one point, a public server called "Flight Practice" or something to that effect; it had a low respawn time for the players and the planes.

If you can't request kits, and it says something about needing additional players, you don't need the kit to drive and fly. Just hop in and wait for it to warm up.
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

well.

Yesterday, on albasrah, a friend and I did alot of practicing with cobra. We did decent, but it was still our first time doing it.

We've both had quite a bit of practice flying, as we have spent several hours doing it.

Get a buddy, and try WAC.
                    Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...