Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Targeting Asset Repair?

Quoted from Tempus

"COs are not valid targets unless they are actively engaging enemy troops and/or repairing assets."

So does this mean that any enemy who is repairing base assets is a valid target?

Under this ruling one can destroy a single asset then sit back with a scope and kill whomever trys to repair it. Far worse than open season on a commander in my opinion.
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Re: Targeting Asset Repair?

Err, how do you repair any destroyed asset other then arty? Since there is no UAV and no scan, those buildings are just scenery.

This seems like another case of a "rules lawyer" to me. (no offense intended) The spirit of the rule I would follow would be if you are in a base you shouldnt be for the sole intention of destroying asset (there is only 1 asset that matters in PR, the arty), shooting at anyone inside the base area in any situation other then returning fire would be violating the rule. In a case like Ghost train, where trenches is simply the "next flag", I could take getting shot while CO'ing and repairing the arty if you held at least one of the bridge flag's. (just my personal opinion, not an interpretation of the rules, I know they state differently) Any other map with artillery to my memory, the flag with the arty to be destroyed is the last flag you would be going after. In those cases I would be annoyed if I got shot unless you were returning fire or it was simply the "next flag".

Comment

Re: Targeting Asset Repair? imo

You shouldnt occupy a base you cant capture. Destroy the artillery and leave.
      If fired upon while leaving, you might return fire while still leaving.

Dont wait just outside the base or attempt to observe or guard the destroyed artillery.
      Dont come back for at least 10 mins or until you hear or receive reports of enemy artillery being used.

If someone happens to be still repairing it when you return then I guess your allowed to shoot them before placing c4

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

UAV can repair and resuplie tanks and APC and not in all maps you have arty, i think the most important asset is the commander so why you cant kill him, also he have to be cover not just standing there because is a ucb.

in rela life there is not UCB so i think you should be able to attack any flag in game. if your team is smart they will not defend a flag who the enemy cant capture because PR is based on AAS.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
          i think the most important asset is the commander so why you cant kill him
          The the Gaming Officer for the Battlefield games here has publicly announced that the CO is not a valid target.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
            Quoted from Tempus

"COs are not valid targets unless they are actively engaging enemy troops and/or repairing assets."

So does this mean that any enemy who is repairing base assets is a valid target?

Under this ruling one can destroy a single asset then sit back with a scope and kill whomever trys to repair it. Far worse than open season on a commander in my opinion.
            Yes, asset destruction teams may take out people repairing said assets, whether they are a CO or not.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I'd destroy the asset, leave one pack hidden on the destroyed asset and then leave, but keeping a close eye on the artillery.
              The second it is repaired, hit the trigger and take out the asset again, along with whoever was repairing it without having to be within rifle range.

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
              BF2142 Names:
              Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
              Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
              Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
              Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Originally posted by Morganan View Post
                Err, how do you repair any destroyed asset other then arty? Since there is no UAV and no scan, those buildings are just scenery.

This seems like another case of a "rules lawyer" to me. (no offense intended) The spirit of the rule I would follow would be if you are in a base you shouldnt be for the sole intention of destroying asset (there is only 1 asset that matters in PR, the arty), shooting at anyone inside the base area in any situation other then returning fire would be violating the rule. In a case like Ghost train, where trenches is simply the "next flag", I could take getting shot while CO'ing and repairing the arty if you held at least one of the bridge flag's. (just my personal opinion, not an interpretation of the rules, I know they state differently) Any other map with artillery to my memory, the flag with the arty to be destroyed is the last flag you would be going after. In those cases I would be annoyed if I got shot unless you were returning fire or it was simply the "next flag".
                I thought destroying a radar dish removed a commanders ability to zoom in on the map for real time sat view
                |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

The developers want to remove that ability alltogether I think so its not likely related

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I thought destroying a radar dish removed a commanders ability to zoom in on the map for real time sat view
                    Ya, what you are speaking of is if memory serves a protected function which modders can't mess with other then removing the commander slot entirely which I don't believe is possible either. The building has zilch to do with anything in this mod. Sure, you can rearm off it, but who takes a vehicle back to main to rearm?

Comment

Originally posted by Morganan View Post
                      Ya, what you are speaking of is if memory serves a protected function which modders can't mess with other then removing the commander slot entirely which I don't believe is possible either. The building has zilch to do with anything in this mod. Sure, you can rearm off it, but who takes a vehicle back to main to rearm?
                      I'm not talking about the UAV building, I'm talking about the radar dish.

You can't rearm off the radar.
                      |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

I've Co'ed a TON of times, and the only time I was unable to do the full zoom was when I was dead, or before the round started. Like I said, I am 99.9% positive that is simply a CO "ability" for lack of a better word. The PR team has stated publicly they would like to remove the CO's ability to do the full zoom, I am certain if the zoom had anything to do with the CO buildings, 3x zoom would already be a distant memory in PR.

Comment

I'm not talking about the UAV building, I'm talking about the radar dish.

You can't rearm off the radar.
                          The radar is just there for decoration. It would be nice if aircraft showed up on the map when it was operational. That way there'd be incentive to destroy it. There'd be real value in inserting a spec ops team to coincide with a huge air assault.
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I have to admit on qwai tonight I drove back to main many times to rearm my TOW-Humvee since no apc driver would ever sit still long enough to allow me to reload. :(

Comment

I wanted to post a FRAPs vid I took tonight to give of an example of what I think is a legit assualt on a UCB/targetting asset repair. During Ingame chat I originally said I would report this but reconsidered until I could check the server rules. Per the server rules:

UCB Assaults
                              Players acting within their commander's authorization MAY attack structures (UAV Trailer, Radar Dish & Artillery) within the enemy UCB, vehicles within the UCB are OFF LIMITS. These attackers may also STAY in the opposition's UCB to make sure the destroyed structures STAY destroyed. It is the responsibility of the commander to determine if maintaining an assault on the enemy UCB is tactically viable and strategically advisable.

It is the responsibility of the team which owns the UCB to play the necessary defense to remove the attack from their UCB, even if it means pulling soldiers, or even squads, out of the field of battle and "back to base."

Conclusion
                              During an attack on an enemy's UCB, you MAY attack enemy units attempting to repair UCB assets and may NOT spawn camp.
                              The part in red being the cite in question here. Ok, Here is the scenario...Steel Thunder, PLA side. I just finished repairing two of our artillery guns and one AA gun in our main base (not in play per AAS). There were a couple of other teammates behind me as well. I know someone else was repairing but I am not sure if they still were or if it was even the the same players. I turn around and hear/see gunfire. Two of my teammates are killed, and I position myself to attack whomever was doing the shooting. Although I originally thought this was against the rules (we could also use a refresher read from time to time) I now think it is legit since my teammates were near(and/or repairing) the assets. Again this is not accusatory, it is merely for clarification. What say you?

Here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riuV4ST0L-U
                              LoyalGuard

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse