My SL secrets!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SL secrets!

Ok, I was hesitant on making this thread...but here is the Official...

DIRTBOY SQUAD LEADING SECRETS

1. I always have two medics....no matter what. Even if I have 3 ppl in my Squad...I want that extra insurance that I can get revived.

2. If I have a full Squad I have the following.
    a. (Armor map) 2 medics, 1 rifleman, 2 AT
    b. (Infantry map) 2 medics, 1 rifleman, 1 AT, 1 support.

3. Always on the attack but defend when needed.

4. Listen to your Sqaud members...they know what is going on around you. I dont know about the other SL's but I am ALWAYS looking at the map.

5. Let you members roam...but not too far. I dont like the whole "bunching up around the SL" thing. But at the same time, remind them what the objective is.

6. Dont let Sq. members change kits w/o your permission. If you cant count on having your troopers reviving you or re-arming everyone...what good are they. At the same time, if the time is right, grant permission to use the right kit at the right time.

7. NO FRICKING SNIPERS!!!! Snipers, in my Opinion, are total "ME" players.

8. Let some non-TG members in. I always let non-TG members join my squad, it gives the community good reputation and at the same time you gain some REAL QUALITY players.

9. VOIP optional. Some people don't use a mic...or cant afford one. As long as the acknowledge me, that is A-OK in my book.

And most of all...HAVE FUN ! I always have lively conversations with my squadmates when we are on long marches thru thick jungles or hot deserts. We talk about everything from music to life in general...I will even plug "TG" in there somewhere. But when the time arises, stop the chatter and get down to business.

I realize most of you know this...and if not take some notes. I dont want to sound arrogant or conceded, but I consider myself a excellent SL and I pride myself in always having top flight Squads.
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: My SL secrets!

Snipers can provide support and covering fire as well as pointing out enemies in a squads path , its just that they dont tend to do that unfortunately.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Usually I play the rifleman as SL after i get my RP down and let the previous rifleman change to kit of choice. Do you keep officer kit the entire time you SL?
      |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

RPs get overrun, blown up, become irrelevant, and sometimes they just disappear. Always keep your officer kit, because you can't count on spawning at your rally.

Comment

Played with Fuzzhead a fews days ago on jabal........one of the most enjoyable rounds i played. Was like getting lesson PR101. Best and most org SL I ve seen
          Gerardnm

Comment

great tips dirtboy, i especially agree with tip #7. yes snipers CAN play well, but unfortunately they just dont. The types of players that choose sniper are selfish kill hunters almost all the time I find. I have very rarely (and never in v0.5) seen a sniper do anything useful that a rifleman couldnt do just as well.

warehouse: unforunately the Officer kit is just kind crappy right now mainly cause they dont have REAL smoke grenades. So yea I find myself sometimes switching back to rifleman, but then it usually kicks me in the ass when our RP goes down and I can put down another one hehe so its a tough call. In v0.6, Officers get signal smoke AND screening smoke, and they are the ONLY kit to get the SOFLAM, which has a 10x more powerful zoom now. On top of that they get 3 field dressing so I think they will be prety damn useful..

gerardnm what was your in game name?? glad to play with ya man

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
              In v0.6, Officers get signal smoke AND screening smoke, and they are the ONLY kit to get the SOFLAM, which has a 10x more powerful zoom now. On top of that they get 3 field dressing so I think they will be prety damn useful..
              This is excellent news. :icon14:
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

name's colmmlynchplayer online....
                Gerardnm

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                  Usually I play the rifleman as SL after i get my RP down and let the previous rifleman change to kit of choice. Do you keep officer kit the entire time you SL?
                  Yes...the entire round. You never know when you have to bug out and make a new rally.
                  "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

The only time a sniper is needed in a squad is at the SL request. Sometimes they can be a valuable asset as in counter sniping or suppression, but in the average infantry squad that have no place, especially for players who only choose to play sniper.
                    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I played with you yesterday. Sorry about disconnecting randomly yesterday. My internet went down randomly. But really, listen to this guy =O He's the best squad leader I've ever had..

Comment

I really enjoy being in TGASSULT squads, as we're usually the best, or second best, and I do exceptionally well in Dirtboy's squads. I've gotten amazing scores on his squad. I'm always happy to play medic, as they get smoke, a good weapon, and can heal themselves. Not to mention it gets you nice points.

I know the anti sniping thing by heart. However...last time I played in your squad, I found a sniper, full of ammo. Yes I picked it up. But I used it for the better of the squad. I probably got at least 10 kills on Construction site, our obj, in Sunset city. It was a great position.

2 Medics in the squad ensures that I will 90% of the time get back up on my feet and help the squad over all. And since TGASSULT is usually infantry based, we dont get owned by tanks too much.

You're an excellent squad leader.
                        Skud

Comment

The only thing i really hate about snipers/marksman is when they are all in a team. Some of the maps where there are multiple attack points over open ground need to have the snipers spread out to support the attack.

Comment

Find BLKOPS supercracker in game. He will show you how a sniper can help a squad.

My squad was holding a flag once and then for like 3 min nothing happend. The other tema just stopped pushing on our DFP's.

I figgured they just gave up, turns out Cracker killed 41 of them and protected our squad keeping all alive.

What do I know, Im a crappy SL.
                            doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Tarthkin View Post
                              The only thing i really hate about snipers/marksman is when they are all in a team. Some of the maps where there are multiple attack points over open ground need to have the snipers spread out to support the attack.

me too....the answer....kick, apply

when i SL i may allow the marksman kit depending on circumstances.

much rather Officer, support, H AT, rifleman, medic, medic (spec ops depending on whats needed)
                              Gerardnm

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X