general things to know

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general things to know

-if a guy's not catching a revive on a shock, drop something on his corpse to drag him out and try again
    -resupply is available from light mobility type vehicles, including apc's, and rally points, not to include isurgent spawn cars
    -you can resupply a field dressing
    -you can reload shock paddles (supplies)
    -2 clips will knock down an enemy rp (which are denoted by spotting a boat, as commonly accepted)
    -slams are not effective vs tanks, especially those with full hp
    -static tanks can be eliminated easily by placing a mine at either end and c4 on the other (my favorite armor destroying technique)
    -engineer and h-at are on par with sniper when solo if played correctly. engineer is underused.
    -you can drop up to 8 mines. any more will despawn
    -arty is available more often than you may be used to. call it like it's the end of days.
    -supplies and apcs, along with home bases, enable h-at and aa kit request.
    -m-16 is most effective at medium range on single shot in two-three round burst, and in close on burst if aimed in lower-mid torso. beyond medium range there's a damn good chance the enemy is at an advantage. g3 > all currently, in terms of pure stopping power and longer range accuracy (excluding mm and sniper, or rifleman scoped kits.)
    -you may spawn on any friendly rally so long as your sq lead has placed his own.
    -crewman helmet is obscure, and makes falling in with enemies to knfe easier.
    -you can zoom with tank/apc turret using default x.
    -tall grass is not cover at long range
    -if you really need to scale the impossible, try proning and side crawling upwards. slow, but effective in places.
    -people instinctively prone in cq. aim for the floor and strafe.
    -as a courtesy, don't camp spawns. destroy, only engaging if needed.

please correct or enlighten if you like
    -dy.21

Re: general things to know

hey dy, how goes it. alot of these things i was aware of but im sure this will be a help to others :)

Comment

"if a guy's not catching a revive on a shock, drop something on his corpse to drag him out and try again"

What do you mean "drop something on his corpse to drag him out and try again"?

Good tips though.

Comment

Dropping an object like a dressing or ammo pack effectively resets the person's corpse - if they're below the ground it brings them back up, if they're clipping a wall it moves them out of it.

Comment

very good tips....might add

press c when in .50 cals to change views
          Gerardnm

Comment

c on 50's can change view?? that i didnt know....visibility on insurgent cars is almost none!

Comment

c on 50's can change view?? that i didnt know....visibility on insurgent cars is almost none!
              Yep, but in the default view, the iron sights actually work on the .50 cal's. If you use c to change view, they don't line up correctly.

Also, whichever view you are in, you can use RMB to zoom in/out.
              7Shades

How sweet, thought lifeless, yet with life to lie,
              And, without dying, O how sweet to die!
              - from Thomas Warton's "Ode to Sleep"

Comment

I'll definitely need to try that. I feel like I get car sick when non that .50 cal on the insurgents.

Comment

I have taken out a enemy tank with 7 slams, lol. Person must have been AFK and thought they were safe from being destroyed, fooled him. My squaddie was a rifleman and we decided to see how many it would take.

Comment

I didnt realise it would be as much as 7, I thought 2 on the tracks might stop it moving at least?

C4 isnt great either, mines really are best. Crawl under the tank and plant

Does an IED (same graphics used as c4) have any more power to it

Some good tips there, they should be in the helpfiles if not allready

grenade or grenade launcher is the quickest way to destroy a rally point and any people who've just spawned. In 0.6 you will be able to destroy with two knife stabs I believe

-supplies and apcs, along with home bases, enable h-at and aa kit request.
                    Only the home flag and crates can give these. Not APC afaik

- 3 ammo bags are faster then 1.

- A crate or APC too close to a flag will refuse to give a kit

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

APC does give HAT and AA.
                      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Sorry, but it doesn't. Only way to get it apart from the main flag is a supply crate.

Comment

Is used to but after 0.5 there was a minor server side only update that changed this rule I believe.
                          Now you generally have to trudge all the way home to get one or if your lucky you have a nice commander and good sl to request supplies ahead of time

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

you CAN get HAT from an APC, AA me thinks not.

Comment

if i recall correctly the apc needs to be within a few (hundred?) meters from a friendly flag or supply crate to give you a HAT kit.
                              former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X