Help? How to identify team member at high res

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help? How to identify team member at high res

I've done some searching my search terms may be to vague. I like to play at high resolution, but I'm having trouble reading the small font names of the members of my squad. I was assigned to a fire team last night, but it required much effort to find my team leader after reviving someone or getting separated in smoke. Is there a way to enlarge the names of your team and still play at high res. Man, I hope this isn't too noobish, but I have to ask. Thanks.

Re: Help? How to identify team member at high res

Hey Gangrene-

Unfortunately, I think changing the the size (or color) of player names is considered a cheat/hack so I think you are out of luck.

One tip I can offer is you do not already do this is to click on the name of the squad member you want to find. This will make the name appear white in the squad list and on the big map that players "dot" will become white which should make him easier to distinguish amongst all of the other green dots.
    LoyalGuard

Comment

Yeah, this is definitely a problem. The Green colour isn't so easy to see on some backgrounds even at just 1024x768...

Loyal's tip is a good one. You can also try asking for their position verbally. Even just a response from them with Page Up will make their nick tag/dot on map flash yellow for a second.
      7Shades

How sweet, thought lifeless, yet with life to lie,
      And, without dying, O how sweet to die!
      - from Thomas Warton's "Ode to Sleep"

Comment

I had the same issue when I started playing BF2 back in 2005. I wanted to increase the size of the font to see id's better...just had to deal with it. Practice using the minimap and opening up the bigger map to click on a name for easy location finding. not seamless but effective...make sure you are under cover when you do it.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by loyalguard View Post
          Hey Gangrene-

Unfortunately, I think changing the the size (or color) of player names is considered a cheat/hack so I think you are out of luck.

I am unsure about this to be honest. Since in PR you don't see enemy tag's and friendly tag's only go out so far I would think the size of the name on the tag or the color of it wouldn't really matter to much. You *used* to be able to change the color's of nametags , although my memory fails me as to what the console command was/is and I would have no clue if the command would even work in PR. Since the distances that friendly/enemy tags show up is a server-side setting which in the case of this mod is probably hard-coded into the mod, it would be impossible to mess with those to gain an advantage as a client.

Skin replacement would be another thing entirely and would obviously be a cheat, but I don't believe that is what he is referring to.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll try clicking my fellow squad member's name and finding his white dot. I'm not trying to gain any kind of advantage over the enemy. I want to be better able to find specific members of my squad in order to have more cohesive fire teams and facilitate team work. It would be nice if they stay white after I click them. Since PR has so many features to encourage team play, maybe the mod team would consider something to enlarge names or add numbers to the green dots on the mini-map. A simple order to "go with sarge" requires effort to find sarge and then more effort to stay on him while maneuvering and watching for enemy. If I stay too close, we are nade bait.

Comment

I didn't figure you were looking for an unfair advantage. I just know that changing names was something against the original ranked server ROE so I didn't want you to run into any punkbuster problems.

FYI, The dot should stay white as long as you don't click on another name or change squads. It also works in reverse, if you click on someone's dot it also turns white so you can see who it is on the squad screen.
              LoyalGuard

Comment

If you press M I think it will enlarge the mini-map to cover the screen which is different from caps lock viewing of the entire map.
                N will alter the zoom while you do this and its possible to make the mini-map entirely see through apart from the friendly dots

Also if the person you wish to find does a page up, they will flash on the mini-map.

Its usefull for people to do a page up if they are walking towards friendlies from behind enemy lines, a flashing blip on the mini map usually reminds people not to shoot you :p

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X