Realism Idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realism Idea

Hey guys. I know this would be a PR related upgrade but i thought i would post here just to see what people think before posting at PR's website.

I was thinking last night, sure they players have body armor. But if u get shot with body armor, im sure ur not gona be able to just stand there and shoot. Why not add some more realism by adding something where your player moves. Say your running across a street and you get hit, ur not gona keep running, you'r probly gona fall down or stumble or something. And if ur standing there and u get shot in the chest, it's deffinatly going to knock you over. Why not add something like this into the game?

I think it would encrease teamplay even more, because now you arn't going to run around without cover, and your movement's are going to be alot slower and more meaningful. I wont be running across the street if i dont have someone providing cover fire for me, thats just suicide. And if they dont kill me wiht one shot to the head, im gona be knocked down or sumble so im deffinatly going to be dead if he hits me, cuz im probly not gona be able to recover and shoot back before he has another 2 bursts or 5 single shots off at me.

The animation could be something simple, say your running, and u get hit, you sumble ur guy makes a noise, you slow down for a second or 2 and u look down and ur view goes blurry a little bit. Maybe u see one of ur hands come off ur gun and reach to the ground to keep ur balance. if your standing there and u get shot why not have an animation wher you stumble back and fall. well now ur down so stay down.

It also helps with cover fire, you hit someone, tis going to take them 3 seconds to recover, so that give you time to find cover yourself. either drop to a knee or run. So A) you've hit and injured them, and B) it's just given you 3 seconds to find cover or report him and get the rest of ur Fireteam to shoot him, or even that extra 3 seconds for ur buddy to move accross the street or revive ur squad leader and such.

What do you guys think?

Agnew

Re: Realism Idea

Hey Agnew-

This suggestion does come up from time to time in the PR forums. One of the most recent discussions is in the link below. Some of your ideas are shared within.

thing that makes me ornery - if im shooting (and hitting) some one he should not be able to shoot back. from the PR forums
    LoyalGuard

Comment

i like your idea, but i think it could cause an inconvience. In some cases it may not work at all because if your in a tank turret and ur shot, what happens? You fall off the top turret? We dont know. If its just infantry your talking about then maybe it would work. I dont know
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

It would stop the "shooting someone in the chest three times then they insta prone and headshot you" thing, which is pretty irritating.
        "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

In military games, the cutoff between realism and fun can be a tough choice on lots of things.

This is one of those things.

Slowing down, severely, even while realistic..would probably annoy alot of players and cause many to leave the game. Even the most "realistic" games have to make tradeoffs.
          Skud

Comment

I, personally, end up twitching a bit whenever I get shot anyways, so that usually achieves the same effect. I can remember lining up an AT round against an enemy tank, getting shot from a flank and sending the rocket past the tank...into a friendly squad on some hillside on the other side of the map.
            |TG-6th|Belhade
            "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

i turned up my sound setting to high recently, and now the sound of a round whizzing past is actually quite scary, and has caused me to jump and twitch a few time!
              But i dont think this would work, although a nice idea, it would be too complicated to make work!

Comment

why would anyone use less than high sound quality? :3
                Skud

Comment

I wouldn't be worried about loosing the less realistic players if this was added, there are plenty of other mods that don't focus on realism as much that they can play. If this was added, a player would value cover a whole lot more than they do now and the gameplay would certainly be slowed down. Making a whole new animation set and position stance would be hard to add, but something along the lines of you get hit -> stop sprinting, fuzzy vision and bad aim.

Comment

Isnt there another game that does this. I heard about some game that would make you limp if you were hit once in the ankle and so on.

I dont think the game is realistic enough to actually accommodate this. We still have to be able to jump over 1 inch ledges, you cant stop people doing normal stuff really, this kind of extreme realism is for a future game engine that will actually do it justice

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Even making your gun jump like the recoil they added would be ok.

Also, someone in that thread pointed out that you weren't able to fire back when being hit in BF:Vietnam (or possibly just PoE for BF:V) which isn't futuristic =)

Of course, they aren't the same engine..
                      "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X