Albasrah (64p) Modifactions -- part II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albasrah (64p) Modifactions -- part II

Based on the feedback from the public thread we're going to try another setup for Albasrah 64p. From the previous poll the most votes were to try something new followed closely by those who wanted to keep the current setup. So this is an attempt to keep the same flow with some minor tweaks.

These changes have been installed on the server.

• All flags start out as insurgent flags except the US UCB
    • Remove one A10 (leaving one)
    • Remove one Cobra (leaving one)

Group One
    • Airport (US UCB)

Group Two
    • Village (can only be capped by US)
    • North VCP
    • Industry (can only be capped by US)

This allows the Insurgents to put up a fight in the sand to bleed US, but they will take a pounding from superior weapons / vehicles. The US keeps the two desert CPs once secured. Industry remains contestable.

Group Three
    • South VCP (can only be capped by US)
    • Facility
    • Mosque

This effectively puts four flags into play (these three plus Industry). However, once the US has secured all CPs surrounding the city (i.e. Industry & South VCP) then the USMC is rewarded by retaining South VCP and therefore Industry. The fight then continues on Facility and Mosque.

Group Four
    • Suburbs
    • Palace

Bleed
    This is a single assault map so we want the US to have to fight an uphill battle to stop bleed. They have superior weapons and are rewarded for progressing to the city. Bleed stops for the US once they have captured Facility OR Mosque. The Insurgents will then begin to bleed slowly once Facility AND Mosque are captured. If suburbs or Palace is captured, then the insurgents will bleed badly.
    Last edited by asch; 05-27-2007, 10:35 PM.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Albasrah (64p) Modifactions -- part II

these modifications look like they will work well, it prevents the US from being pushed back to NVCP and SVCP

Comment

hasnt village always been cappable by US only?
      sigpic

Comment

This look really great; I can't wait to play it. Ever change made thus far to this map drastically affects the gameplay even when all of the players are aware of the AAS setup.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I like the changes, can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

Comment

If this is the setup we played a few hours ago, it's pretty good. We had a hard, but not unwinnable, fight on the US team. I don't recall which side won but it was definitely one of the best matches I've played on the map.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

However, once the US has secured all CPs surrounding the city (i.e. Industry & South VCP) then the USMC is rewarded by retaining South VCP and therefore Industry.

Wow, these changes look great. I'm very excited for this, as Al Basrah is my favorite map on 32p and almost on 64p. Too bad it's tough to do anything about people waiting at the airfield for choppers or the A-10 that spawns every ten minutes...

Comment

Originally posted by USARMY_JeonJiHyeon View Post
                Too bad it's tough to do anything about people waiting at the airfield for choppers or the A-10 that spawns every ten minutes...
                Meh. Those people would just get in the way where we're trying to operate. :)
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Sad to see the birds wings clipped but I like how the groups can be locked down once captured.

This is going to make things harder for insurgents I think, it'll be a close thing between this and the last version for a fair game
                  We've had some close games on that old version recently - there was an awesome insurgent defence of industry with usmc repelled multiple times only yesterday. We won by only 40 points.
                  Seems like that was good practise because industry will be more vital then ever

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Thanks for implementing these new settings. The flag cap layout sounds wonderful and should do a great job concentrating the action while keeping a nice flow.
                    former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

I'm of the mind that the A-10s should be scrapped altogether and to bring back both Cobras...how much are the Blackhawks really used, anyways? Maybe take one of those out and/or replace with a Littlebird.

Anyways, this sounds intriguing; can't wait to play and see!
                      |TG-6th|Belhade
                      "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Looks so good that I want to eat it.

Comment

wicked!, can't wait to play this new version, I love this map.
                          {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

Originally posted by sgt fetterman View Post
                            wicked!, can't wait to play this new version, I love this map.
                            Eh, you can't play this map.. You spent the whole round camping industry rooftop once?? Or are you someone else lol, (its wtfomghaxbbq)

Comment

The USMC team had a lot of trouble capping Industry. It was far too impossible. USMC was out in the open, while the Insurgents had numerous spots to hide. For more then half the time of playing, there was so much smoke I couldn't see anything. The upside was that they couldn't see us either. So once we traveled through the smoke and into the Facility, the Insurgents just camped the sides and we immediately died. I got blown up with C4s twice. It really was a pain in the ass.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X