v.06 Open Beta Release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v.06 Open Beta Release

It looks like that v.06 has been released for open beta. All the details can be found in the links below to the PR forums for those interested. Make sure to read all of the pertinent instructions and guidelines carefully:

What is an Open Beta ?

Open Beta Update - May 21st - RELEASE via Torrent
    LoyalGuard

Re: v.06 Open Beta Release

ETA 6 hours and 57 minutres for me.

Goodness knows what i do in those 7 hours, goodness knows.................

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

any chance TG can sneak in beta server? Maybe use the Private server?

Comment

I'm up for testing this either on TG servers or elsewhere.

Comment

25% downloaded... I can't wait to try it out!

Comment

13.5% downloaded :O

Comment

The know bug listings for this release will keep me from testing this. Quite a few important issues that need to be ironed out before real testing can occur IMO.

Comment

The thing that stands out the most for me is the new textures. The washed out/high contrast has been replaced with a much deeper color palette. Al Basrah, minus some of the messed up lightmaps, looks amazing. Also, they've replaced the Village and the western slum area with destructible buildings. The one round I played, the british practically leveled the village trying to pry us out. We also found out the hard way that 50 cals can penetrate concrete walls (the destructible ones at least).

gameplay wise not too much has changed from what I have seen. You have to wait 2 minutes after you join a squad before you can request a limited kit. Though I never received a message telling me I had to wait for the kit to be available, I do think that the "lose a kit and your team has to wait 5 minutes" thing is in. I'm not a fan of punishing the team for a player's stupidity or bad luck but will hold off judgment for now. I still think the kits should be limited at a squad level rather than the team.

The H-AT kit has lost its second zoom and has received a 20 second rearming wait. Tanks meanwhile have received a third zoom.

To lay down a RP officers will need to have 3 men around him.

There are a number of new maps and all look to be really promising. I guess do to the stress test and the want for people to really explore the maps, be prepared for some long rounds.

Comment

for some reason i cant find it on those links could someone give me a direct link to a site?
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Torrent post is here...
                    http://realitymod.com/forum/t21063-p...-linkspan.html

Comment

Does this mean that TG is now only running v.06?
                      I was away for a couple nights and just got back online today.
                      {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

Originally posted by sgt fetterman View Post
                        Does this mean that TG is now only running v.06?
                        I was away for a couple nights and just got back online today.
                        No, Fetterman...sorry for the confusion.

What it means is that the developers have released a beta version for testing by anyone who wants to test it. It will not be released for several more weeks yet I imagine. Rest easy! :)
                        LoyalGuard

Comment

Thank you sir.
                          I thought this ment TG went to v.06
                          {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

So can you have both .509 and .06 installed and switch between versions? I'd love to get a feel for the new maps but don't want to exclude myself from playing on the TG server if it stays .509 for now.

UPDATE: OK, to save others the embarrassment, the 'What is an Open Beta' link answers the question...

"This is NOT a release and WILL allow you to play normal Project Reality as well as the Open Beta. There will be a different icon installed on the desktop."

I almost hope TG DOES install the beta because if one of the goals of the beta is a stress test, what better way to stress test it then run it on one of of the most popular PR servers around?

Comment

I think a TG test server would be good as well (if I can ever get my router to accept port forwarding so I can download the torrent that is).
                              LoyalGuard

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X