If you are about to die does this become ok

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are about to die does this become ok

I know the ultimate goal on the TG servers are to play the games in as much of a realistic and team oriented way as possible. This made me get to thinking. Last night I was working with my squad leader to harass an enemy held base. We both ran out of field dressings and I was bleeding to death so I knew I was gonna die. Since our position had been compromised and I was going to die anyway I moved into a visible location and made some noise (suicidally) to draw their attention from the SL (who I believe made it away ok).

I know suicide tactics are frowned upon but it seemed to me that this was a reasonable tactic at the time. There were no medics around and my screen was blurred enough that I knew I wouldn't make it to one.

What do you regulars think? Was this a reasonable decision?

Re: If you are about to die does this become ok

By the term "suicide tactics" I think it is meant to reference more the tactic of lacing a vehicle with C4 and driving it into a base and blowing yourself up in hope that you kill more than one enemy in the process. Or by doing the same and ramming it into enemy armor. Dive bombing planes onto enemy targets, etc.

I don't really see what you did in the same light that I would I see the tactics I had mentioned above.
    | | |

Comment

I don't consider that anymore suicidal than the repeated frontal assaults I've had SLs order me to make before...

Any tactic that saves the SL from dying without breaking any of the TG SOPs sounds fine by me. You never know, you could have bumped into a friendly medic when you dashed of to draw the enemy's fire..

Comment

That's what I was hoping. On the bright side, an enemy support trooper that was hiding in a bush jumped up and gave himself away too :D

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

oops, misplaced post, delete me!
          |TG|Switch

Better known as:
          That noob who crashed the chopper.
          That noob who ran over the mine.
          That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
          That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

I was said squad leader. That is called heroism not suicidal tactics ;) Sometimes things have to be done in desperation - even if they are fatal.
            Primary: IntelAgent (Planetside 2)
            Light Assault, Reconnaissance, Intel Collection

Comment

Guys fall on grenades in RL.. this was sacrificing yourself for your squad and I don't see any issues with it.

Comment

Mrsloth, you made a reasonable (and good/teamwork) decision and in no way broke any rules.

Comment

Well what abut running with light at and shooting right under ur feet as soon as you see someone? Someone did that to me and their excuse was "i was about to die anyway"

Comment

Thats never acceptable, certainly not as a regular.
                    "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

Originally posted by HeyBlinkin. View Post
                      Well what abut running with light at and shooting right under ur feet as soon as you see someone? Someone did that to me and their excuse was "i was about to die anyway"
                      That's unacceptable. You should report a player when you see that happen.
                      | | |

Comment

I threatened to report him, he told me to take it to the forums and some other bs. I took pics but i cant find them so hes lucky i dont remember his name

Comment

Follow the proper procedure for reporting problem players and keep specific instances and names out of the forums please.
                          Retired 6th DB

Comment

suicide tactics will be a stupid idea in v0.6

suicide means an extra 60 seconds on spawn.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsloth View Post
                              I know the ultimate goal on the TG servers are to play the games in as much of a realistic and team oriented way as possible. This made me get to thinking. Last night I was working with my squad leader to harass an enemy held base. We both ran out of field dressings and I was bleeding to death so I knew I was gonna die. Since our position had been compromised and I was going to die anyway I moved into a visible location and made some noise (suicidally) to draw their attention from the SL (who I believe made it away ok).
                              That is no a suicide tactic imo, it is virtual heroism and a GG.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X