This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointed!

Well I dont know about the rest of you but I have noticed that in the past several weeks that the server has gone EXTREMELY downhill. The real disappointing thing is that it is during Password nights. It makes me wonder how the hell how some of these people are even in TG to begin with.

I know that the Admins are trying as hard as they can to keep the "maturity" and fairplay alive in the servers but I noticed alot of the time is that they are too many smacktards for the admins to handle.

Take tonight for example, we had people bunnyhopping, teabagging, and just being rude and disgusting. Its hard to tell who they are and we try to get the information passed up to the admins. This is starting to become a common occurance, and it is really demoralizing to those who come here and get away from the "pubby" atmosphere. Especially on PW nights.

My thoughts how we can fix this is:

1. Make a list of "reputable" TG members that know how the game is played.
    2. PM those players the password.
    3. If they invite a guest(only one guest), they are responsible for the individual.

I dont know about you but I would rather have 32 players that play the right way, than 62 that run around like tards.

Thoughts...opinions?
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: Disappointed!

well i dont want to trow more wood to the fire but i stop playing PR because everytime i join TG server someone is camping RP, APC, FLAGS NOT CAP and more and more things.

i have see a few guys with TG even punishing ppl for a not intentional TK, getting bad language over the VOIP, but thats what you got in a comunity, they are running a beautifull comunity but some ppl who dont follow rules are putting the hole comunity in a bad position.

make it a clan, get some DI (drill instructors) to test ppl and see if they have the things your looking for a TG.

this maybe help you and maybe not.

PS: most thing you see on server is the switching side to the easy team or the USMC team or UK team when some maps like basrah or the one with the flag whiskey, charlie maps come. ppl with [TG] tags should not change to an easy team just to get a win in a unraked game.

Comment

This problem is directly related to the nature of the PR system. Without tags, its very hard to report.

This happened tonight.

Player on the Other team: "Who's using the H-AT to snipe?!?!"

I look around to check if its happening near me and BANG, I get jumped and killed. I decide that I will let someone else search for the H-AT sniper.

Its very hard to find these people and report them. I would settle for a change that just let me know who killed me, but did not show the player that they finally finished me off. This would save a massive amount of time and clean up the server post haste.
      I kill terrorist.
      I do good.
      I have top score.
      I a Dutch.

-AKA- Snow411

Comment

Originally posted by Plan6 View Post
        This problem is directly related to the nature of the PR system. Without tags, its very hard to report.
        We have a reporting system and when people use it, the rule breakers go crying to those in charge.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I agree fully with dirtboy. It almost seems to be worse on password nights than on normal nights, like having the password is a beacon for the smacktards of PR to come-a-running.

Take last night for example. Had lots of great games, played for hours. Saw a couple minor things, but after the people were talked to, no big deal.

Then tonight. I played one round on al basrah. I counted 4 people teabagging me, caught more bunnyhoppers than I could count when I was using the sniper kit, and saw people on my own team taking insurgent spawn cars off to use as jihad vehicles. Put a sour taste in my mouth and I left.

The only redeeming virtue to the whole thing was that I managed to put an RPG into the nose of an A-10 at point blank range when he came in for a strafing run on me. I bet he was a bit sore after the ensuing explosion.

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
            We have a reporting system and when people use it, the rule breakers go crying to those in charge.
            yes you can say report name of the guy - action

but how you can say who kill you or who is doing something wrong if you cant see tags and everyone in the other team is fighting and they will not write nothing to you because they just dont want or dont have the time to do it.

will be good if they only add the name of the ppl who kill you and with what they kill you, only for the dead guy with no report to the server log or the guy who kill you.

Comment

The point is that it is hard to report someone who is breaking (X) rule when they are on the other team. My squad was mauled by some massive H-AT and L-AT sniping on one map, but all we could do was ask the other team to tell us who was doing it so we could report them.

This is the weak link in keeping the server under control. Having to get the other teams attention, make them care while they are trying to cap a flag that took them forever to get to they are not capping is a hard thing to do on any night. If I just knew who shot/rammed/bunny hopped/H-AT sniped me I would report them instantly.
              I kill terrorist.
              I do good.
              I have top score.
              I a Dutch.

-AKA- Snow411

Comment

Dirtboy, agreed. Granted, I havent been active in the BF2 community for probably a year, I decided to fire up PR and give it a go the other night.

I logged in, and within the first 2 minutes, I was checking to make sure I did actually connect to a TACTICALGAMER server. Chaos, foul language, un-responsive commanders, the whole gambit of bad behaviour.

At this point, Im not sure what is causing the issue, other than I only saw 1 admin, and briefly. He came in, said a word or two and left.

Tonights passworded game was as bad or worse in my opinion. Had TGers on voice cussing, being crude, and generally not giving a damn about this community. Im not sure if Tempus or even Apophis is aware of how foul the the servers have become...perhaps its time we have them to take a look.
                If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
                with any questions or concerns.
                |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

I don't see how they couldn't be aware. This isn't the first time this issue has been brought up on the forums.
                  | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Plan6 View Post
                    The point is that it is hard to report someone who is breaking (X) rule when they are on the other team.
                    That's what the rest of the other team is for. I have no problem with reporting a team mate for rule breaking. I'd rather lose playing the TG way than win because people wearing the same uniform as me are behaving inappropriately
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

i agree
                      sigpic

Comment

That's what the rest of the other team is for. I have no problem with reporting a team mate for rule breaking. I'd rather lose playing the TG way than win because people wearing the same uniform as me are behaving inappropriately
                        I totally agree and do, but I have to SEE them do it. If the other team is asking me who is L-AT sniping, I think "Great he just fired his rocket, so hes going to be impossible to find now".

The same goes for ramming, bunny hopping and most other offenses. They dont happen every second the person is on the server, so catching them is rough at best.

But every server has a bad night. The last few weeks I have been playing have been very good. Better COing(aka not just calling out enemies but having a plan) would be nice.
                        I kill terrorist.
                        I do good.
                        I have top score.
                        I a Dutch.

-AKA- Snow411

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                          I don't see how they couldn't be aware. This isn't the first time this issue has been brought up on the forums.

But everytime its brought up its shot down and we are told things are under control and we have enough admins to cover it. I played PR about 2 weeks ago and it was horrible, granted i dint report anyone or do anything to help it, but it was sad i just quit and went and played some DOD on a server i can control.

And what happend to Roots first post?
                          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                          -Vulcan

Comment

Yeah, the line that keeps getting driven into us is that we're somehow responsible for the mess that's become of that server. And you know, I have no problem doing my part, but it sure does a lot for morale when you see GO's and admins taking an active and aggressive role in maintaining order and TG playstyle on the servers. Without that, speaking for myself, I just have no motivation to do what the people who were appointed to the task don't seem to do themselves (I do know there are admins who are trying dilligently to bring order, but it always seems too little too late).
                            | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Plan6
                              Oh let the flame wars begin, what are forums without a little drama?

It was most likely removed for not adding much while trolling a little?(or a lot)
                              Its not a flame war at all, its the members that play by the rules getting tired of crappy server. If people where less worried about getting people onto the server and more concerned with the quality of players on the server we wouldnt have this issue.

Root doesnt Troll, he informs.
                              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                              -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse