This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password night, could be better, could be worse

I know people have been complaining about the quality of gameplay but I don't think it was that bad tonight. I was in a squad that was moving to assault a captureable flag that became uncaptureable, and after that happened our SL moved us back out of shooting range. We waited for it to be available again and then moved back in. Granted, when we were waiting in the hills a few people were still assaulting the base but when an admin paused the servers and looked around I'm guessing that was taken care of.

I think I was hit a few times by RPGs but each time I was standing near some squad mates near a wall. I know they are "light anti tank missiles" but the way they work they are really RPGs, and an RPG launched into a bunker is quite realistic. I heard one person complain but that seems to be one way they should be used to me.

I also saw people complaining about bunny hopping and such, but I didn't see any of it. I wonder if some of the people on the server see one or two instances of people being dumb and get mad and assume everyone is doing it. It has seemed pretty darn good to me.

Re: Password night, could be better, could be worse

All and all I give tonight a 6 out of 10. It was by far not the worst PW night I have seen, but not the best. There was some rules breaking, but not enough to ruin my good time. The only problem was a large lack of teamwork and communication, which happens. Some nights we just dont click.

Theres always thursday.
    I kill terrorist.
    I do good.
    I have top score.
    I a Dutch.

-AKA- Snow411

Comment

If you dont like it...

Play somewhere else.

None of you that are complaining are admins. None of you have to stop playing and take the time to use BF2cc. Admins all try to do thier best.
      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
        If you dont like it...

Play somewhere else.

None of you that are complaining are admins. None of you have to stop playing and take the time to use BF2cc. Admins all try to do thier best.
        Play elsewhere?..I am a Supporting member here bud...I pay to play on this server. The reason most people become supporting members is to have a smacktard free time.
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Plan6 View Post
          The only problem was a large lack of teamwork and communication, which happens.
          That alone would merit a 2 out of 10 on myscale. Teamwork and communication are the foundation stones that TacticalGamer is built upon. I know it's exactly why I enjoy playing on TG servers over any other pub.
          | | |

Comment

Everyone,

Give a hard try to be constructive. Do something useful to help us. Like what? Download BR files and take screenshot/movie captures of serious rule violations.

Already a dozen bans are issued tonight for those who broke the server rules, ignoring warnings.

Help us keep TG servers free of smactards.

BE A PART OF THE SOLUTION ! Report problems to admins via pm.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
              Play elsewhere?..I am a Supporting member here bud...I pay to play on this server. The reason most people become supporting members is to have a smacktard free time.

+ rep to you my friend. I think thats the one thing, to many people are adding the TG tag and dont understand what it means or stands for.
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                If you dont like it...

Play somewhere else.

There are current and former TG admins expressing some level of dis-satisfaction with the standard of play. We're quite aware of the work involved in not just being an admin, but being a TG admin.
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Well if your a supporting member(which I was and will be once my change of banks finishes) you have to actively help. I have TS open every time I play for the sole purpose of reporting players ruining the game.

Just sitting back and griping to your squad mates doesnt help. Making a stink of the forums does help much either. If your mad about X,Y or Z, hop on BR and see who did it. Im sure the admins will gladly ban them.
                  I kill terrorist.
                  I do good.
                  I have top score.
                  I a Dutch.

-AKA- Snow411

Comment

Originally posted by John CANavar View Post
                    Everyone,

Give a hard try to be constructive. Do something useful to help us. Like what? Download BR files and take screenshot/movie captures of serious rule violations.

Already a dozen bans are issued tonight for those who broke the server rules, ignoring warnings.

Help us keep TG servers free of smactards.

BE A PART OF THE SOLUTION ! Report problems to admins via pm.

Thank you

John is right guys...How can we remedy this?

I already made some suggestions...

My thoughts how we can fix this is:

1. Make a list of "reputable" TG members that know how the game is played.
                    2. PM those players the password.
                    3. If they invite a guest(only one guest), they are responsible for the individual.

I dont know about you but I would rather have 32 players that play the right way, than 62 that run around like tards.

Thoughts...opinions?
                    And if you are SL'ing...keep control of your troops. If you can handle SL'ing...do so and step up and take charge. Spot the problem players first hand and take care of this at the lowest level. Inform them of this infraction. If this does not work, ask someone in the game if they are in TS. They will in-turn contact an admin.

But where the problems lie is what happens afterward. Rarely nothing...admin will get on and "warn" them and leave. Then it happens again. I am not saying make an example out of somebody(ok...I guess I am), but something needs to happen...quickly. When .6 comes out, I want to play smacktard free again...just like when .5 went out:)
                    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Dispite the unfortunate ending on Qwai River, I had the privaledge of leading a great squad on the PLA side. We all communicated well, held gov't city against waves of USMC's from the north, and once things were secure down in Processing Facility, we moved into Pig Farm to deal the knock out blow.

Unfortunatly I hit the print screen button at the wrong screen but here are the fruits of our labors:

Comment

Originally posted by Tarthkin View Post
                        Dispite the unfortunate ending on Qwai River, I had the privaledge of leading a great squad on the PLA side.
                        Good on you Tarhkin, unfortunately quite a number of the PLA were involved with constant USMAC mainbase raping before your arrival and legit assault. Thereby making your knockout blow somewhat of a hollow victory.

Comment

Originally posted by sloth View Post
                          I know people have been complaining about the quality of gameplay but I don't think it was that bad tonight. I was in a squad that was moving to assault a captureable flag that became uncaptureable, and after that happened our SL moved us back out of shooting range. We waited for it to be available again and then moved back in. Granted, when we were waiting in the hills a few people were still assaulting the base but when an admin paused the servers and looked around I'm guessing that was taken care of.

I think I was hit a few times by RPGs but each time I was standing near some squad mates near a wall. I know they are "light anti tank missiles" but the way they work they are really RPGs, and an RPG launched into a bunker is quite realistic. I heard one person complain but that seems to be one way they should be used to me.

I also saw people complaining about bunny hopping and such, but I didn't see any of it. I wonder if some of the people on the server see one or two instances of people being dumb and get mad and assume everyone is doing it. It has seemed pretty darn good to me.
                          Sloth,

I aasume you are talking about the Qwaii incident. What you fail to note is that was not just any flag that became uncappable, it was the USMC Main base. The rules are clear in this situation. The PLA continued to assault our Main base after the processing facility had been turned USMC and it was uncappable. Althouigh it wasn't just your squad as there were 2 PLA rallypoints 50 meters outside the USMC base.

But more was going on than you described. The main base raping had started long before the USMC base was a valid target. Snipers were picking off our pilots and squad leaders for the previous 8 minutes or more. I was personally spawn killed 7 times in a row.

All that might be water under the bridge except for the egregious responses that were typed by certain PLA players when the rule was explained and they stated their refusal to stop. Typing back with contempt and scorn at our request. Not behavior and sportsmanship we have come to expect on TG servers.

Comment

Sparkks points out an example of something that can be done to fix the problem. If theres UCB camping going on (reminder: UCB refers to ANY flag that cannot currently be capped in PR!) someone NEEDS to get on TS, ask an admin to pause the server and get rid of the problem players. It's that simple.

For the first post, RPG sniping is a completely separate issue from LAT/HAT sniping when you're talking about maps like al basrah. Understand that the RPG Gunner class has the RPG and a pistol. The LAT/HAT kits both have a regular rifle that goes with it. If I'm using LAT, I will use my gun against infantry unless the situation warrants otherwise (for example: 5 guys laying around a RP...LAT takes out the RP and the splash damage kills/wounds the soldiers, but the target is still the static object). With the RPG, if i'm perched on a roof or behind a sand dune targeting a humvee and I get the kill and reload just in time to see 4 guys huddled together somewhere else, you better believe i'm not pulling out my pistol to try some long range no-sight shooting. They're getting the business end of an RPG, and that's reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkks View Post
                              Sloth,

I aasume you are talking about the Qwaii incident. What you fail to note is that was not just any flag that became uncappable, it was the USMC Main base. The rules are clear in this situation. The PLA continued to assault our Main base after the processing facility had been turned USMC and it was uncappable. Althouigh it wasn't just your squad as there were 2 PLA rallypoints 50 meters outside the USMC base.

But more was going on than you described. The main base raping had started long before the USMC base was a valid target. Snipers were picking off our pilots and squad leaders for the previous 8 minutes or more. I was personally spawn killed 7 times in a row.

All that might be water under the bridge except for the egregious responses that were typed by certain PLA players when the rule was explained and they stated their refusal to stop. Typing back with contempt and scorn at our request. Not behavior and sportsmanship we have come to expect on TG servers.
                              So what time did this happen? We can pull up the in game comments and battlerecorder if you can tell us that much. Don't bother to reply via post... PM it to me.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X