Steel Thunder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel Thunder

Guys does anyone else think the grass on steel thunder looks weird?

Looks more like reeds than grass.
    Gerardnm

Re: Steel Thunder

its seaweed I heard
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

is weed?

Comment

no longer in PR...

Comment

wish it was! Great map with nice open ares for flanking, and all aspects of mmodern combat apart from jets....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
            wish it was! Great map with nice open ares for flanking, and all aspects of mmodern combat apart from jets....

with more tanks will be better, i love that map, give me a chance to kill snipers with my tank.

Comment

I'd like to see it made even larger and give one side possibly the ability to use CAS planes, or make use of F-15s. I'd love to slam a maverick down somebody's throat

Comment

Yea i like this map but I see why its being removed I think. Its too arcadey or something similar to that which is probably why I like it :p

If the bases were three times further from the river banks instead of everything being so closely grouped then the large amount of vehicles would make more sense and maybe it wouldnt be pruned.

I hope some server pops up that is loaded with just these types of maps, thunder, greasy, etc
                Good for a blast :D

Im I right in saying in 0.6 it will still be technically possible for servers to choose their own maps including retrospective choices

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

i used to love thunder. grab a vodnik and lay some perimeter mines on usmc artery, low crawl c4 arty, rinse repeat, reload off shattered hummers, licking up their tears as i waited. me and crawlingeye i think it was, ruined all assets and ran a combined 45+ kills on mines. pride for mineops, 2 man wrecking crew. piles of smoking armor, people just cruising around into the new ones. calling in movement to commander, coordinating supply drops. best match ever. we ran through assets and kept getting kills as we stealthed around, come back to the bridge pass and there's a hummer, apc and two tanks in the same spot smoldering.

that map is freaking great, save for the high grass distance clipping, where in theory, you could have the entire team low crawling in some brush and a tank could see straight through at range.
                  -dy.21

Comment

Just got round to making a short video of a helicopter fight on this map

http://media.putfile.com/First-blood-49

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Wow those were two close calls, but who won?
                      Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

Nobody exactly, the video isnt exactly clear but both parties were badly hurt and that was the last encounter in that time frame.
                        Not exactly wise to hang round there for the cobra as its always possible the chinese will use their 2 AA guns on him.

The whole round was full of fights like this so I intend to make another video at some point. I hope we get another heli map or they put the bigger helis on kashan maybe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X