Is this OK?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this OK?

When I was playing, I just spawn on a spawn car and move two steps when some Brit comes over the little ridge and Light AT's me. I was a little pissed but couldn't find out who it was. I reviewed the Battlerecorder file and found the place and I see the brit had a rpg whom he had gotten from someone else and he fired it from a little farther than where I thought. So I was wondering if this were illegal or if I am just whining?

img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screen019qk5.png

add the h t t p : / / before it. It wouldnt let me because I don't have 15 posts yet

Re: Is this OK?

Well, chances are, he was being a bit of a killwhore and trying to get a kill along with tagging the spawncar. So yes, what he did was legal. We've been trying to fight the LAT sniping thing for a while, but it's an uphill battle that seems to be going nowhere fast.

Also, keep in mind that the RPG gunner kit only has the RPG and a pistol, so he was probably saving himself anyway.

Comment

The pistol is pretty good, actually =)
      "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

It appears that he intended to hit the spawn car.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

This is the sort of thing you should PM an admin as listed under How to Report Problematic Players. This really has no business being in the forums. PM an admin, tell us what time it happened and what map so that we can review the BFR and we will take care of it.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Essentially, thats what I was thinking about the spawn car and his trying to get it. I don't want to ruin someone when all they did was hit the button out of reflex seeing me so close. It's the fine line between actually hunting people out with the rpg out or the reflex to save yourself.

Comment

Well, I think players need to be educated about what is legal and what isn't. I don't think Troublesome needs to have to write MORE reports. We need to teach the youngens what is legit, that way they don't go whining to the admins wasting their time that could be better spent. Not that I am saying Blinkin is whining. Because he just wanted clarification, which shows a desire to know specifics about rules which are kinda fuzzy.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X