PR not REALITY REALLY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR not REALITY REALLY

ok so crazzieee8 and i were bored the other day i was wondering "if this thing is real life i should be able to TK him with my shock paddles" "hmmm, lets try it" then all of a sudden i couldnt shock my teamie to death with paddles.... thats bf2 for ya.... i think this would be a realistic addition to .06 if this could happen... im sorry but im a paramedic in real life and if you shock someone at 360 joules when they are concious, their heart will stop... thats what shocking is meant to do is stop the heart so it can restart correctly..... hmmm /rant over

Re: PR not REALITY REALLY

Gameplay/enjoyment > Reality. Even in a reality mod.

Comment

Would be fun (or atleast funny) if one medic was reviving a fallen soldier and another medic came jumping over to steal the revive, only to get a teamkill on the newly revived soldier...lol

Comment

That's the thing though, isn't it? It's not funny for the person being revived. The medic that revived them first is probably annoyed that his effort has been wasted. And what if the second medic gets punished?

It's one of those game features that brings only negative things to the table.

Comment

Hmm, I could have sworn you could kill people with paddles in Vanilla. (edit) It can be difficult enough to get someone revived without having to worry about TKing in the middle of it though.
          "It's nothing to do with Stalker, really"

Comment

Defibs in PR aren't "really" defibs anymore. From the PR Guide:

How can a "reality" mod keep battlefield defibrillators?

Defibrillators can be understood as a metaphor. When a soldier is downed in real life another soldier will drag him to cover and begin applying bandages to keep him alive until he can get to a field hospital. Unfortunately the BF2 engine cannot handle dragging. Since in PR people are not revived with full health, they need to follow the medic who revived them and get healed up much like a possible "dragging" scenario. There is no field hospital stage in PR because that will not be very fun, just as if dying deleted your account would not be fun. This system also lends itself well to the level of teamwork PR wants to encourage.
            So in this sense it makes sense the defibs in game can't kill. There has been talk of one day replacing the defibs with a CPR mask or hands grabbing the player or an adrenaline shot but I'm not sure how intently it is being pursued based on priorities.
            LoyalGuard

Comment

PR defib's do kill enemies. I did it the other day to a prone enemy medic who was attempting a revive.

Comment

Ive killed with defibs on bf2, there was a pile of bodies with a live enemy prone in the middle and he got his just deserts for trying to be sneaky

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Yamer View Post
                  ok so crazzieee8 and i were bored the other day i was wondering "if this thing is real life i should be able to TK him with my shock paddles" "hmmm, lets try it" then all of a sudden i couldnt shock my teamie to death with paddles.... thats bf2 for ya.... i think this would be a realistic addition to .06 if this could happen... im sorry but im a paramedic in real life and if you shock someone at 360 joules when they are concious, their heart will stop... thats what shocking is meant to do is stop the heart so it can restart correctly..... hmmm /rant over
                  someone shocks him back to life, a split second later a thoughtful medic paddles him to death. good or bad, that'd be funny to see. 5 medics spamming shock paddle "we're losing him! he's slipping in and out, more paddle damnit! throw a bandage!"
                  -dy.21

Comment

im sorry but im a paramedic in real life and if you shock someone at 360 joules when they are concious, their heart will stop...
                    I don't think they would die unless there is some underlying cardiac condition, as "most" normal hearts would likely resume a normal sinus rhythm ensuing the ED discharge and the person would regain consciousness if in fact they lost it to begin with. I don't know about the military, but the AED's we use now start at a lower voltage around 120 and progress upward on sequential failed attempts.

Location is the other factor I wonder about in this game, as most of the shock paddle kills I see involve players chasing someone down and zapping their enemy in the ass. Not sure if the current would disrupt the ventricular rhythm as much if struck in the rear or on an extremity. Maybe I can convince one of the ER residents to test this out with an "accident" to one of the medical students!
                    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Loyalguard:
                      in one of the merc. mods I lan run, the insurgs have a adrenaline shot plus the medic bag. the adrenaline shot is used in place of the paddles.
                      {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

It may not be reality but, if it were, we would die in our task chairs as we played the game........ :)

I am not sure the wife would come over and shock paddle me back :(
                        sigpic
                        Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Comment

So your debunking the entire mod, because you cant teamkill someone with your shock paddles........ makes alot of sense.
                          Dizlor

Comment

Thank god for this, but then why am I limping if this mod isn't really reality when a jeep just ran over my foot?

Comment

let me submit my own "not reality" complaint-
                              dropping 4 feet and taking damage. nothing's more annoying than taking a few hits and coming out alive just to stumble on a curb and start bleeding out.
                              -dy.21

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X