Always loosing connection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always loosing connection

My buddy =420th=Bootytrap is always loosing conection to your server. He has reinstalled the game, latest patch and PR but cant seem to shake the problem. We love playing on your server {yours is the only one with people that know what there doing} but this is becoming a real issue. When he is kicked it says that he lost internet conection and says nothing about making room for a supporting member. At the top left of the screen is says "=420th=Bootytrap has disconected from the server"

This has been happening for as long as I can remember.

Any thoughts?????

Thanks in advance,

=420th=MisterKief

Re: Always loosing conection

I had this problem before, did he tried to reboot his router/modem :) ?
    Make sure his comp has no virus and turn off the Windows/Personal firewalls.

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

The first thing to check is if its just battlefield, or is it all his internet apps are failing.

If its all, then need to see if he losing connection with his local router or is it his provider.

Comment

rgr thanks for the info

Comment

I had a similar issue for quit a bit, awhile ago. Thought it was my ISP and at the end I cleaned all the temp and cache BF2 folders in my documents !!!
          Try this first not last as I did.

Comment

I will say that occasionally heat (mostly modem/router, from what I can tell) causes this problem for me... It affects me more in POE than PR (only twice in PR ever), but then again, I lost connection twice in the last 10 minutes of the in-house Scrim... Murphy Carries a Hammer.
            OPS, the bacon is on you.

Comment

I had this problem very badly for 2/3 weeks ending about a month ago. It was just my battlefield games (2142, BF2 and mods) and everything else was fine (steam games such as RO etc). A lot of other people where also having the same problem, as Iceman says clearing temp/cache can solve this problem.

If not then maybe have a look at the NAT/redirect setup your firend has on his router, this was also a problem for me when I first bought BF2.

Also, Iceman...you sig just rocks man :D

Comment

A buddy of mine had the same issues. He was using an onboard NIC card with old/original drivers. I updated his NIC drivers and all was well.

Not sure if it will help but it's a start.
                sigpic

Comment

Re: Always loosing connection

I tried everything you could imagine to fix this problem. New drivers, opened up the router, speed checks/monitoring, ping, trace route, package loss etc. etc. Fresh Windows install. Called my ISP and had all lines to the house replaced, but I always reinstalled the full BF2 folder in my documents. Not only the profiles. It took me weeks to figure it out. There must be something stored in it what screws everything. It takes 2 minutes.

I couldn't believe it afterwards.

Good luck

Glad you like the sig :-)

Comment

I have been getting hammered with disconnects ever since I "upgraded" to a BELKIN-N router. I get at least 5 punkbuster kicks a night, saying: No packet flow, or please reinstall punkbuster. I have my pc set in the DMZ, I have also tried forwarding all BF2 ports, turned off wireless, you name it, and I still get them. The only way around it is to unplug the thing and play straight off my cable modem. Anyone else seen an issue with this sort of thing?

Originally posted by IcemanGER View Post
                    ...but I always reinstalled the full BF2 folder in my documents. Not only the profiles...
                    What is safe to delete out of BF2 mydocuments folder?

I see: My Documents\Battlefield 2\dmp full of random dmp files (not sure what those are),
                    and I see: My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache full of mod files I assume are for PRM.
                    and then obviously the profiles and screen shot folders which I would think are safe from causing any disconnects.
                    Is there any folder that has possible bad settings in it that I can try deleting?
                    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

I'd delete everything in these folders:

C:\Documents and Settings\***\My Documents\Battlefield 2\dmp
                      C:\Documents and Settings\***\My Documents\Battlefield 2\LogoCache
                      C:\Documents and Settings\***\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

I think the cache folder is the important one!

Comment

Thanks fellas...I will try this tonight.....
                        Iceman- those folders you listed should be empty right? AND- in your prvious post you said something about reinstalling BF2 to my documents...not only the profiles....Can you elaborate on that cause I am a bit of a PC retard and I don't understand what you are saying....

thanks to all for the help......and I don't have a router.

|
                        |

Comment

i think when the conection fail is more the ISP than the game, this happen to me in the afternoon when the ISP have too many users on, i get 30+ ping in any server sometimes more and i lose the conection very often.

Comment

To Bootytrap,

When I reinstall Windows after a while, I used to copy the complete BF2 folder into my documents. The reason for this is, this way I have all my custom settings back. You don't need to copy the whole folder. Just the profiles is good enough.
                            After I had such a big problem with connection problems and Lag, I deleted everything in those folders I listed.

To Perro,
                            An ISP problem could only happen, if you are living in a big apartment building and use cable. Or you share your connection with someone. i.e. wireless ! Downloading is a nice ping killer, too.

I've been trough all the scenarios you could imagine. At the end, deleting everything in those 3 folders cured the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by IcemanGER View Post
                              An ISP problem could only happen, if you are living in a big apartment building and use cable. Or you share your connection with someone. i.e. wireless ! Downloading is a nice ping killer, too.
                              I guarantee you that if you have Verizon DSL in Massachusetts, your ISP is the source of most of your connection problems. At school I can play just fine with downloads running while using wireless. At home on a superior network, Verizon has a habit of disconnecting me every hour or so, on top of the lag spikes I experience at regular short intervals in all games on all servers.
                              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X