No announcement yet.

looking for a good new PRM map idea...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a good new PRM map idea...

I could have posted this in the mapping forum, but I'd like to hear what sort of map you TG veterans would like to see.

I have been playing around with the editor and think I can finally put together a winner.

-personally, I was thinking about some sort of island fortress like Alcatraz, that would be predominantly CQB fighting, but large enough to accomodate a few humvees and helicopters.
    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Re: looking for a good new PRM map idea...

How about an 8x8Km island map, something in the south pacific...

Comment

That old "Wake Island" map was quite popular on TG for a while. We had some pitched battles on that map. Quite fun with the right players.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I just wana see some night maps....the amount of fun going stealth could bring....also if the thunder effect from Ghost Train could be imported, so that for half second you are exposed.....brill!!!:)

Comment

I had a great idea the other day.

Make a map based on the battle of Mazzar E Sharrif...

media.militaryphotos.net/photos/Uprising_at_Mazar_E_Sharif

and check this video out, the SBS getting some.....great book on this battle also. I think this would make a great map.
          .youtube.com/watch?v=amV0kMEKXU4

-shafty

edit- i can't post URLs?
          "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me".

-Isaiah 6:8

Comment

I second the island/beach landing map. I have fond memories of wake(when the US could land) and fond memories of Omaha Beach back in BF1942(as long as the germans didn't come down to the beach.)

Comment

I've posted this too many times, but still...

I want a training map!

Yes think about it. A map (perhaps in 2 versions to have all the factions in) with all the choppers, planes and what not, in abundant quantity.

Other elements:
              Firing ranges for target practice (destructible targets best), for infantry, tanks, choppers and planes.

An area for CQB training. Your typical cardboard-enemy sort of thing.

Driving ranges for vehicles.

Because PR is such an incredibly complicated game by now, and because it is so hard to practice using the vehicles, I believe having such a map in rotation , could benefit the level of play, and would alleviate some more the problems with people wanting to practice stuff in game. It would also be great for staging training sessions like TG-university has.

The only problem I see with having such a map in rotation (for say 30 min, limited by a ticket bleed or timer), is "How can you the two fractions from killing each other on a full server, and not using the map for practice?"

Comment

Landing maps are fun if troops are able to land successfully on the first try. The Muttrah City map in .5 (which i think they are taking out for .6) could have been a great map but the flags were too close together which made placing rally points impossible. As long as you can give the landing troops a chance to deploy without having to execute the perfect strategy on the first try than landing maps can be alot of fun.

I personally would love to see someone redo the Muttrah map for .6 cause urban battles are lots of fun :P

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post

The only problem I see with having such a map in rotation (for say 30 min, limited by a ticket bleed or timer), is "How can you the two fractions from killing each other on a full server, and not using the map for practice?"
                  Put a shear wall mountain down the middle of the map that neither team can cross with duplicate ranges, tracks, etc. on each side?
                  LoyalGuard

Comment

Or put a sort of out of bounds border round each area, like in helmand map, where insurgents cant go to far south?!

Comment

training map on local server = good idea
                      training map on online server = bad idea

I'll never want to sit through a training of 30 min on a full server, i'd much rather be playing.

Map Idea: Homeland Security

Urban maps in US/UK with insurgents on the offensive. The map would be a non-recap map, meaning as insurgents progress flags they take are theirs for good. The idea simulates trying to repel a terrorist attack. Once they progress to a certain point, there's no undoing the damage they've done on the way. Perhaps buildings blow up once insurgents capture flags?
                      |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                      That noob who crashed the chopper.
                      That noob who ran over the mine.
                      That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                      That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by Donagel View Post
                        I second the island/beach landing map. I have fond memories of wake(when the US could land) and fond memories of Omaha Beach back in BF1942(as long as the germans didn't come down to the beach.)
                        Wake Island is a great VBF2 map if both teams are evenly matched in the way of teamwork and tactics. Otherwise it's usually an endless spawn>get in boat>die cycle for the USMC or a stalemate mid-island with all the infantry hiding from the jets...

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                          I've posted this too many times, but still...

I want a training map!

Yes think about it. A map (perhaps in 2 versions to have all the factions in) with all the choppers, planes and what not, in abundant quantity.
                          The pilot training map for .5 was pretty neat; i've been thinking of making a new one myself for .6. i should get to learning the mapping proggie and crank this out.
                          |TG-6th|Belhade
                          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

what about one in south america?, jungle stuff?

Comment

I have a variant. I want to see a Wake map for sure, BUT, I have always wondered how modern day weapons and armies would have done on a multiple beach head NORMANDY invasion re-creation.

Dog 1 is OPEN!
                              sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X