What is your Favorite PR map?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your Favorite PR map?

I just wanted to know what your Favorite PRM map is.

Mine is Qwai River for the following reasons...

1. NO JETS!!.
    2. Commanders wet dream(Arty).
    3. Beautiful map and well designed.
    4. Not one sided. Chinese has tanks and Artys and Americans have TOW's and little birds.
    5. One flag....ESTATE. Probably my favorite flag to assault and defend.

What is yours?:)
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: What is your Favorite PR map?

In .5 it's problably Jabal Al Burj.

In .6 it's problably Assault on Mestia. Nice moutainous terrain with ample cover.

Least favorite is problably Inishail forest. It's too small imo.

Comment

I enjoy Ejod and Steel Thunder....
      "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

My 2 faves:

Ejod
        Steel Thunder

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

1. Steel Thunder
          2. Jabal Al Burj
          3. Sunset City

I don't mind Qwai River either. Sometimes it's just a little messy with all the back and forth.
          Last is definately Helmand Province !

Comment

Qwai is surprisingly good but it plays out biased at present so I look forward to 0.6

and at the other end of the spectrum is Steel thunder, dead map walking :(

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

-Inishail forest

-Ejod

-Steel Thunder

.6 is going to change the way we all look at these maps. I cant wait for a 64 player TG server running Assault on Mestia.
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

-Sunset City
                -Jabal 'al Burj
                -Qwai River

Comment

Muttrah City, but only because I play manhunt there and it's awesome fun.
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

qwai has no arty in v0.6 (the only map with arty in v0.6 is hamgyong and its only for the british)

my favorite maps:

Qwai River
                    Al Basrah
                    Kashan Desert
                    EJOD Desert
                    Mestia
                    Seven Gates
                    Kyongan

and a few others :)

Comment

Best maps in order of preference

1) Ghost Train: most evenly balanced map (aside from artillery), fun jungle fighting.
                      2) Quai: as long as i forget about the unbalances. Other than that, the govt office is a VERY cool CP, and the fishing village is neat with the surrounding hills.
                      3) Ejod: so long as both sides have one of the cities for most of the game. Its a bit too easy for one team to become dominant and theres a domino effect.
                      _________

Worst maps in order of...crap

1) Jabal: Theres no cover ANYWHERE of importance. The only area with cover is the city, but by the time the US team gets to the city they win 95% of the time anyway. Its also one of those maps with no hope, because if you are pushed back to your last grouping other than your main flag, you will lose the majority of the time.
                      2) Sunset City: I have, at most, had one enjoyable round in this map. If any map shows the domino effect, its this map. As soon as the Chinese hold construction and Market, its over for the US. Same thing holds true the other way around as well. There is very little room to fight back because of how the map is made, and most rounds end in a blowout for one side or the other.
                      3) Helmand: Fun if your british! Not so much if you are insurgent. Frankly I think its a pretty asinine way to balance a game/map. Balancing should come from differences in weapons that overall are equal. It shouldnt come from handicapping one side to hell but letting them respawn quicker.

It sounds like a lot of those^ problems are being fixed in .6, so im optimistic.

Comment

I love Jabal, just because i'v had most of my most fun games there.
                        I also like Qwai but its a little too much tanks (there is no HAT when you need them :()
                        I also have to list EJOD judt because when i last played it we wast 6 guys on each team with some really intense firefights in the city

I don't like all the maps with too much armor as I have fun on the ground. Yes for more fighting and gunfights, and less run-and-hide.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
                          Balancing should come from differences in weapons that overall are equal. It shouldnt come from handicapping one side to hell but letting them respawn quicker.
                          well, the thing is. the ONLY way to really simulate an insurgent is to give them crap weapons, no body armor, and umm.. basically nothing but a 20 dollar AK47 and some home made stuff that's the equivelant to total crap, the upside for the insurgents is, they respawn quicker witch is the way it is in real life. they're alot more persisten and just keep coming after large casualtys(fight till the last man dies, no breaks) and use barbaric tactics, they don't obey war laws, they want you dead and will kill themselves to do it

Comment

favourite maps,

1. Ejod desert
                            2. Assault on mestia
                            3. Al Kuffrah oil fields
                            4. the new .6 al basrah
                            5. Qwai river
                            6. Ghost train

Comment

Steel Thunder + Basrah